1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where should I place the links I put on my site?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by rurbaniak, Apr 3, 2006.

Okay, the simple answer to this is obvious, build a page for links. But, the links I will be gathering, and obviously trading, will be specific to a category, or subject.

For example: I run a Football Site. I trade a link with a Pittsburgh Steeler fan site, should I have a one for all link page, or put all Steeler links like this one on the Pittsburgh Steeler resource page I have built instead?

So my question is, what's the pro/con's for having 1 link page, vs seperation of links on several pages where the links pertain to the subject?

Here's my resource page for Pittsburgh: http://www.firstandinches.com/resources_nfl_pit.php

rurbaniak, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  2. SEOinAZ

SEOinAZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    The pros are going to be mostly for the people who you are linking to. For example, if you create a Pittsburgh Steelers page for Steelers related links, that gives the people you are linking to a more relevant link. There is no con to this at all for you and it will give you more pages in your site as well. If you choose this route, I would write some unique content for each of the specific pages.

SEOinAZ, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  3. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    Initially, it may not make much difference. When your links page is small, one page is fine. But, if you are actively developing it, I would incorporate a directory into your site -- one with people friendly URLs -- because as it grows, a single page becomes unwieldy and unusable for visitors.

Because the links are just one aspect of your site, they are going to be used by your visitors. Improving the organization with your actual users in mind will give you a more marketable section in terms of link exchange because it is actively used by regular people.

clancey, Apr 3, 2006 IP