1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where is my point of obligation for the content I create? Me vs My Boss

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by lemorrisharris, Aug 5, 2014.

Hi guys, first post. Thanks for having me.

I'm an SEO and more pack mule for an auto parts company (almost fulltime) and I am also an automotive illustrator (fulltime and more). I write blogs for the company and for myself.

My personal brand is a plus for my employer and being there helps me as well. It's not a bad relationship at all. So...here's my questions.

I travel and blog about those travels, and cover the costs out of my own pocket (mostly). The company has helped in the past with gas money and stuff, but the bulk is on me.On my last trip, the company didn't give anything, but they want any content I create from it. I have a brand in the same hobby that the business uses as it's customer base....it's one of the reasons they hired me.... So, how does one split content and keep both unique? Also, how much is one obligated to share?

Any advice is appreciated.

Once again. There's no nasty here, just thinking outloud.

Thanks

lemorrisharris, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Looks like you need to have a chat over a few beers after work and talk branding and boundaries. It's hard when the relationship is a bit loose and you don't want to lose the real job on top of it.

sarahk, Aug 5, 2014 IP