1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where is Compar when you need him?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Jun 9, 2004.

1. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a problem...

I wouldn't listen to me though, I'm completely clueless about all this stuff...

SEbasic, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    SEbasic,

What you say about Anthony's web site is true, but I have never seen him claim that he was a design or SEO expert, so criticism on this ground is probably invalid.

As far as I'm concerned he still hasn't told us how he makes a living. There is no way he can make a living off that web site. So VS's suggestion of a trust account or an inheritance is starting to look better and better.

compar, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bob, I have been involved in the Advertising business since I was 19 years old, so you figure it out.

Can you screen print Bob?

anthonycea, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that the key immediately to the right of the F12 key :D

compar, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Compar, are you sure that the "COM" in Compar does not stand for COMedy.

You missed your true calling Bob, maybe you can open for BB KING in Las Vegas as the computer comic. :p

6. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    >>What you say about Anthony's web site is true, but I have never seen him claim that he was a design or SEO expert, so criticism on this ground is probably invalid.

True, but I have heard him condem others knowledge on the subject including mine...

SEbasic, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    SEBASIC, you have continued to look back, now I looked at your website and it looks like you are on the cutting edge of web design, to W3c standards.

Now when you come in on subjects that I have studied for a good bit of time and try to disprove posts based on some fact, then I have a problem with you.

But when you are proven in error on a point, that does not mean you are condemed or hated. You and Foxy seem to carry around baggage with you on your sholders.

Bob and I have hated each other, when we first met on IMR we were complete enemies. I have learned to like Bob a hell of a lot, he still pins my back to the wall quite a bit, or tries to. Shawn and I have had heated debates many times, that does not mean that he is my enemy.

So if you were to acknowledge that you could be wrong on a few points, instead of bringing your Shrink friends into the conversations, I think that I would have treated you fairly.

But to claim that someone is insane, (well Bob has done that to me also) is not debate but a cop out.

I don't hate you and will always welcome you into any subject matter.

8. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Anthony...

I am often wrong about a great many things... Your particular area of work(Which I am still not sure of) I have never condemned...

I do not hate you anthony... I merley find your posts entertaining...
    (I must admit that I have a unique ability to say things when they may not be appropriate)... ; )

My "Shrink Friend" was talking about Internet Bully's in another forum when I pointed him to The thread regarding Google as a spyware merchant...

Upon reading it , that was his post...

I was the one to point it out to you...

Not him...

So for that I apologise...

But in all seriousness, You have to learn to calm down and not attack everything anyone says that may well be contary to your believes... I don't agree that eating meat is wrong, yet I do not condem those who believe it is...

See where I'm going with this???

SO Anthony...

Let's call it quits and just chill...

OK?

SEbasic, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  9. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    You keep attacking me, it seems, every time you attack someone else - even when I might not have entered a thread. Now I must ask you to stop doing this, and I am sure, that other people who have been placed in a similar position would want you to do the same.

That is bullying and trying to create an image, with other people, of a person, that is not founded.

You claim the moral high ground, as much as you can, when you can, and by your obfuscating you conceal the truths so much so that people assume that you have claimed and shown that you are an expert, when in fact, you haven't, and aren't.

This is when you claim the moral high ground and have people apologising to you!!

This is one of the reasons why I desist in entering threads that you are in until I see out and out untruths, or worse, lack of knowledge that is expounded forcefully as being the norm and therefore not to be questioned.

This bullying.

Foxy, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I just missed you Foxy, thats all.

Who attacked who this morning (your Mr. Nutter comment) can you explain this since you have the high moral ground?

As I recall and I am sure that Compar will remember this, Bob and I were having a discussion on his question to me, then you decided to come in and attack me, why did you enter the thread, can you explain?

That is why I say you carry baggage with you, since you attacked me in this very thread, coming out of no where to do it.

11. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SEbasic, Jun 15, 2004 IP