1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where is Compar when you need him?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Jun 9, 2004.

Compar, you have been keeping a low profile on DP recently, is there a reason for that?

Please Compar, we miss your cutting humor and put backs, can you please resume your former role.

You can be sure that this forum needs your Fatherhood dearly, can you straighten out VS for us, she has been a bad girl. :eek:

anthonycea, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    T0PS3O, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Top 30 you prove my point by posting a dead link, OK :eek:

4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe he is avoiding me so he does not lose votes, it's all politics with Compar, I see how he is now.

5. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh- he isn't keeping a low profile. If you want, I can give you some cutting remarks and put backs... ;)

schlottke, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Anthony,

I have slacked off a bit. I find that as the forum gets more popular the quality of the questions and discourse goes down hill. We must have had at least 25 threads all ask the same PR questions. I now I have posted my chart and article in probably 10 different threads.

I don't know how you teach newbies to do a little research before they start a new thread and ask the same question for the 25th time.

And then you get the posters who start every thread with "what would Google do if the sun rose in the west and turned due south at 11:39 GMT, would your PR go up or down and how many more link would you need if the sun turned north?".

My temptation to this type of thread is to tell them what I really think of anybody who would ask that kind of stupid speculative question. But my mother always said "don't say anything if you can't say anything nice", and sometimes I follow her advice.

I hope you are joking about the political bit, because I'm the most non political person in the world. I'll tell anyone if I think they are wrong, and I try to complement anyone when I think they are right and have done a good job, but other than that I don't really give a damn. "Take me or leave me, but never deceive me" was a line from an old song, and is pretty well my motto.

compar, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bob, I knew you were getting tired of the Father Bit, but you need to be patient with the youngsters if you are going to be the teacher that we know you are.

Bob if we have to put up with you, you know I have at different forums, even when you have called me an idiot. Then you must put up with the rest of us even if you are fed up with a lot of the same old ______!

We need you here to keep us all in line. Maybe Shawn will break down and make you his first moderator, it would be a asset to DP if he did, now that is not buttering him up VS. This is comes from someone who has learned to like Bob, even though I started out not looking at him with great love :eek: at other forums.

8. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Come to think of it the line from the old song was "Love me or leave me, but never deceive me".

Anthony, maybe I should just write 100 stock answers and setup some type of automated script whereby I could read a thread and just tick off answers 2, 5 and 9 or whatever was appropriate and have the script automatically post my answers.

Or maybe I could use Google's AdSense technology to determine the theme of the question and post the appropriate answers just like AdSense ads. :D

And Anthony, if you don't quit promoting me as a moderator to Shawn, they are going to figure out that we are related, sooner or later. :D

Goodbye for now my brother.

compar, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  9. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Oh go away anthonycea - why don't you understand that your idiotic rantings have nothing to do with quality - Bob understands this as many others do and some of the new [including you] members are putting undue pressure on others to provide meaningful information and advice - the last thing people need is somone taunting them to indulge in twaddle.

Bog Off

Foxy, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  10. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Bob, the auto answers thing would not be a bad idea actually, it would make the forum still friendly and quickly solve the problem.

Hrm, would be a hassle to do though.

11. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, we just had posts 666, 555, and 444 Bob, Foxy, Myself.

12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Foxy, do you like Fox poison, because I would sure as shit put some out for you if you would eat a plate full! :eek:

Foxy have we met before on some other thread where you and I could not agree on something because you are coming into this one with some grass in your teeth is seems? :eek:

13. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    riiiight.. anthony, you need to settle down buddy. I like youre wild ideas the most of anybody probably, but its rude to speak like that to anyone. I think everyone should relax and let it go.

14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bob, can I use some automated answers on Foxy?

I like your humor and the idea is good too. If it would save time, just cut and paste your posts in notepad and then you can post those files at will.

Foxy, I am going to prepare some of those to respond to you in the future if you do not back off :eek:

15. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Well spotted is that not unique or what! :)

Foxy, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I think Foxy should be the one with 666, just a little come back Foxy, you deserve it today, don't you!

17. JazzyBen

JazzyBen Peon

Best Answers:
    ReplyAssistant is a tool i have found useful for this sort of stuff. I use it to answer clients who always ask variations on the same 4 or 5 questions.

I am not affiliated with these guys in any way though.

Blurb from their site:

Stop Typing The Same Thing

again and again and again and again and again and again...!

You know the drill. You’re sitting at your computer, dreaming you’re anywhere but there. You have to maintain your daily correspondence with your prospects and customers, and that means that you have to type similar messages over and over again to a variety of clients. It’s maddening!

Here is the Solution:

ReplyAssistant will turn text you use again and again into well-organized fragments that you can simply drag-and-drop into your documents and emails.​

JazzyBen, Jun 9, 2004 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like a good software package, you can do the same thing with NotePad and WordPad or just about any Word Processor, am I missing something or am I wrong about this? :eek:

19. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it allows you to catagorize them- nice tool.

20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Compar, are you hiding from the DP forum again, we miss you, please make an appearance soon. :eek:

You need to protect me from some of these fanatics on this board that continue to attack me! :eek:

anthonycea, Jun 12, 2004 IP