1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where is all the Traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Kylven, May 26, 2009.

1. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can post your urls.

So....

And there are no info extensions under that term either on page one or two.

Care to try again?

Uh, no thanks.

copper12, May 28, 2009 IP
  2. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of the problem with the 'methods' of bringing traffic into a site is that there's no one surefire style that's going to work best for every site, much less every page of every site. To my way of thinking, a site's best feature is its brand in the eye/mind of the visitor. That's what I work on and I try to get a good percentage of my traffic from direct type-in visitors. If you can create a site people remember then they'll do the work that would take who even KNOWS how much SEO to accomplish.

Afterall, search engines are today's big traffic sources but who's to say they will be forever? I'm sure webrings and popup ads also seemed genius when they were hot, also. I'm trying to create sites that people will still come to several years down the line and that would relevant as a magazine or an offline business.

Lofty goal? You betcha. But, really, what's the point of having goals that aren't lofty? Even if I don't make it clear to the goal I'll have accomplished more collateral success along the way, I believe. ;-)

That probably doesn't help you out much, though, huh?

I do think high traffic, low competition long-tail keyword-focused websites work. In fact, I know that MINE did. However, I had to do a lot of grueling work to get just $100/month out of that site. For 2 weeks. Then it was another 4 months of waiting for it to accrue it's first check from the big G. Not really a pleasant experience when you'd like to see a site really producing income. Auto pilot's nice, but it's also kind of boring.

The target's always moving so there's always something to do to try to bring in more income. My post has lost focus so I'm just gonna go now... it's very late. :)

GlowStormLion, May 28, 2009 IP
  3. metoohere

metoohere Peon

Best Answers:
    ahh.... after all traffic is the problem for everyone, including me....

metoohere, May 28, 2009 IP
  4. Kylven

Kylven Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tastebuds, the site is in my sig.

Regarding article marketing, wouldn’t it serve me better to just add that content to my website? I find it difficult to forfeit creativity to another website where it would add more value to my site. Kind of a catch 22 this is…

Kylven, May 28, 2009 IP
  5. ZenMarketer1

ZenMarketer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    "Preach on " copper12! Excellent point-by-point content. Thank you for being one of the few at DP who "adds value in replies to posts :D

ZM

ZenMarketer1, May 28, 2009 IP