1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you sell articles/content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by zac439, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webnet.writer

webnet.writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I agree with you yet DP is one amongsts the standard places where you can make something called big money.

webnet.writer, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  2. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just curious...what's your definition of big money?

latoya, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  3. webnet.writer

webnet.writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Sure you will agree DP is one place which can be considered for offering to sell the articles also like other sites as you said.

webnet.writer, May 1, 2007 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Only if you're looking to sell PLR content or very cheap articles. You'll rarely find "good money" writing gigs on DP (which is what the OP was asking about), and the few that do come up don't generally go to the writers "offering" services in the advertising area (they're deals made privately with no advertisements... usually based on referrals).

jhmattern, May 1, 2007 IP
  5. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any idea where I can find jobs without referrals? I don't know any writers too well :(

zac439, May 1, 2007 IP
  6. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Then get networking. If you want the serious work, it's not going to just come to you. We all work hard at networking and marketing our services. It takes time to build a reputation to the point where work comes to you and you don't have to spend all of your time looking for it, but it can happen sooner than you'd think. If you want the better gigs on places like DP, post more (and not ads about your services.... contribute quality info and opinions on writing-related matters). That's what attracts the private offers.

There are plenty of places to network. You can join writer forums like www.AllFreelancing.com, www.AbsoluteWrite.com, or any of the dozens of others available. Another good tactic that not only connects you with other writers but also helps you build a reputation is to launch a writing-related blog and network with other writing bloggers that way. It's not hard to let people know you're out there. Just takes a bit of effort.

jhmattern, May 1, 2007 IP
  7. Salesmania

Salesmania Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of Constant Content. Thanks. Also, if youare making decent money with DP, why not just ramp it up. If you wrote 30 articles a day, it looks like you could make about $210/day, based on the figures that you provided. Also, maybe try a membership site, so that you get a recurring income.

Salesmania, May 1, 2007 IP
  8. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried Constant Content more extensively, and would not reccomend it. I waited around 4 days just to get the article approved for sale, and then didn't get any interest because of the lack of activity on the site.

zac439, May 2, 2007 IP
  9. Courtknee

Courtknee Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree that networking and referrals have really made the biggest difference for me!

However, when I was first getting started I used Associate Content and Rent a Coder.

Rent a Coder has its good points and its bad points. I have quite a few clients from that site that I've maintained a good, long-term relationship with. But I also spent too many months writing there for too little. Once I got enough confidence to spread my wings outside of the site, I took a jump in pay. But it's a good place to start if you need feedback!

Courtknee, May 2, 2007 IP
  10. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Confidence is definitely a major issue with writers in general... I'd guess because we can be such solitary workers especially if we write for the Web. I can totally back up what you're saying there too. I used to be incredibly meek and shy, and I'd barely open my mouth to anyone I didn't know extremely well. A PR professor actually got me past that by showing me that I had a strong talent for public speaking. I know it sounds silly to think public speaking and writing are related, but it's extremely similar... you have to pitch people on what you're saying or selling either way. If you're feeling like you don't have the confidence to really command higher rates if you know you otherwise should be earning them, I'd suggest getting into something like that... get vocal about something at school, volunteer to do something publicly for a non-profit, get into sales, etc. You can't do much better for a writing career than building your confidence. Just find the way that works for you.

jhmattern, May 2, 2007 IP
  11. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I don't know why writers are so defensive and reserved--especially when you point out something they did as being incorrect. :)

marketjunction, May 2, 2007 IP
  12. manchesterguy

manchesterguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's so true!

in fact, good writers usually have good ideas, which may also translate into better public speaking.

manchesterguy, May 3, 2007 IP
  13. manchesterguy

manchesterguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i havent been to those forums...but i know one thing... if there's too much of a thing going around, it usually isnt worth much. i believe thats one reason why DP is better than any of the writers' forums out there.

manchesterguy, May 3, 2007 IP
  14. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    If you're ok with the low-paying gigs in general, you're right. But if you want to happen across better gigs advertised, you should be checking some of the larger writers' communities... especially if your interests in writing go beyond SEO work (like magazines, fiction, newspapers, etc.).

jhmattern, May 3, 2007 IP
  15. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP is a "try to find some work forum." There are others that are of the "refine and/or grow my writing ability" type.

Perhaps Jenn, if she were truly helpful, could compile a list of such places and post them. (hahaha dumping work on you Jenn) :)

marketjunction, May 3, 2007 IP
  16. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if this counts.. but I usually sell my content (graphics design related.. photoshop tutorials, etc) to clients who are wanting their site built by me..

8everything, May 3, 2007 IP
  17. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    LOL You're a pain in my arse. But yeah... I was planning to be out tonight, and plans just changed, so why not? But I'll post it somewhere else, and then I'll come back and give the link. :p

EDIT: As promised, here's a list of writing forums for freelance writers. Feel free to add to the list. :)

jhmattern, May 3, 2007 IP
  18. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have anything fabulously new to add, but I will answer the original question.

I sell most of my work to clients I met through referrals or who've contacted me directly. I have made some good contacts through advertising here on DP.

I'm working with ContentTycoon to start some PLR articles, but I find networking and the referrals it brings are my most valuable means of income thus far.

Rebecca

internetauthor, May 3, 2007 IP
  19. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    Constant-Content is the largest article marketplace as far as i know, its where i buy the majority of my articles anyway.

jabb, May 4, 2007 IP
  20. kokopoko

kokopoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which forum on DP do you sell PLR articles? Is it the content forum or is there one devoted to articles?

Christine

kokopoko, May 8, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.