1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you advertise your directory?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Punct, May 19, 2008.

1. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have no intention of "gutting" anybody :D Everytime I call you out you do nothing other than attempt to insult because you run out of argument. You take this all personal for some reason and seem to forget the reason I am arguing with you is because of this:

You come to this forum and claim you are here to teach. Every single post you make is either condescending or just arrogant and contains baseless facts because you do not include anything to prove your case or your comment. You post everything as though it is fact and not just your opinion. That isn't teaching that is preaching.

When somebody questions what you have posted you immediatelty turn to the defensive and assume they are attacking you on a personal level. Whereas most would continue a constructive conversation and try to show why they posted what they had you seem to think that your godly presence here is enough to make us all follow you like lambs to the slaughter. Sorry but it ain't enough for most of the established owners (and even some of the newer folk).

For example this comment:

No it's not plain wrong, it either didn't work for you or you have never tried it and thus in YOUR opinion it is wrong, but it most certainly isn't as as cut n dry as you posted and it certainly isn't plain. And going on to then state that by submitting your site to directory lists makes someone a QBC or a nobody?? WTF!

What is to say your not a QBC or a nobody. Nobody has anything to judge you by because you hide and that is why your comments come in for criticism.

Look closer, that guy is nothing more than a fraud and a con artist. I didn't take the piss out of anybody. I read about him and it is clear he has problems with numbers therefore I stated a fact. I suppose you also beleive his claims to have over 2 million customers? :D

Yes and at the time you published that address I questioned your ownership of that web site and you weren't really prepared to answer. Now we see that I was indeed proven correct, you don't own it you just have some form of relationship with it. I dont think I made myself look stupid at all.

I dont consider somebody who posts baseless information on a forum without any substance other than their word to be my competition. Show me a site that you own that does what you have claimed in these here forums and that may change, but until then your just another face in the crowd and I will continue to learn my trade from other people who are more willing to be open and honest about themselves.

Ummm no, yet again you posted a baseless statement on the forum regarding how much earnings a directory can make and I merely proved you wrong.

Again no, it's all about being part of the community. I rep people who post good quality information and genuinely wish to help others with said information. I like to think that they do the same for me and in most cases I beleive that to be the case based on comments which are left.

When I see someone who has only red rep it shows me they are greatly disliked by the community or they are a spammer who is not going to be around long when a moderator gets hold of them.

SilkySmooth, May 20, 2008 IP
    JamieG likes this.
  2. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I suspect the guy has come on here deliberately looking for red, the best way this forum can deal with him if he continues this way is to simply blank every single post. The guy just can't be told and thinks he knows it all but clearly doesn't.

JamieG, May 20, 2008 IP
  3. zorah

zorah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So where do you guys advertise your directory? :(

zorah, May 20, 2008 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :) good point there, the thread has gone about 100 miles off route.

Thread title: Where do you advertise your directory?

State where you advertise _______ and no more.

pipes, May 21, 2008 IP
  5. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    syted, May 21, 2008 IP
  6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    pipes, May 21, 2008 IP
  7. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    what kind of question is this ?
    All the answers in here are predictable. Nobody will tell you : "Hey, you know what ? I promote my directory there and I get a lot of paid submissions from there or a lot of traffic. You do the same and lets be friends!"

c'mon dude...this is a business...
    My grand father has a word... the bigger the number of the spoons to the same plate... the more you will starve. Nobody will share his little tricks with you.

Of yeah... they will all tell you the same thing:

1. directory lists...ahhh it is so good to be in the directory lists...like a fucking orgasm
    2. on forums
    3. banners
    4. PPC
    5. etc

After reading this damn thread you will know nothing more than you knew when you started it pal.

Like an0n said ... this thread makes baby Jesus cry ! :mad:

hyper, May 21, 2008 IP
  8. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Not exactly, this whole thing started because of you. I posted a fair post but you couldn't resist having a dig at me. I can even point out that post if you wish to makeout I'm lying. In fact you felt it necessary to post your paypal up on here because you felt in some way your ego was deflated, so let's not pretend that was your entire reason, you also had another agenda in mind. Okay, so you made a little cash, but it's hardly a million is it, and the way you all talk on here is if you are millionaires, and that's what winds people up.

And I don't think anyone here has the guts to admit they are novices and don't have all the answers, yet they still talk expertly about tech, basic web design, drag out years old philosophies, which have been discussed to death, and the majority of talk on here is about how amazing everyone is because they know what a serp is, or their key answer to promotion is finding the back-door to the search engines.

Only the very few wants to know that crap, I mean don't you know it's common knowledge, I'm assuming you know what common knowledge is? So why do forum members keep making out that this stuff is cutting edge - because it isn't. When people join forums it's either to get basic questions answered or to plug their websites, and when more advanced knowledge or different thinking is offered, it's usually seen as very threatening, and people don't like to be told their wrong - so if they want to keep going down the same old path, that's fine by me, it's not my company that's suffering.

If you notice with my posts I never ask questions, and there's a good reason for that, but it's NOT that I know everything - it's because this forum wouldn't be able to answer the kind of questions I have. It's that simple, so you totally got it wrong big time. You guys deal with basic website issues and I'm far beyond you guys, now you may hate that, and it's my guess that you do, but it's a fact that you can't do anything about. My business won't crumble because of the insults here, I won't be stopped by some harsh comments or abuse and using some red bar system to punish me is just laughable and totally insane. So now do you finally realise and admit that all this conflict is pointless and a waste of time on your part.

You say it's arrogance, I say it's not - you don't know me and your making a rediculous assumption based on nothing, except my posts, and they can be misread for whatever nasty purpose suits the membership - can't they!

Even, if I was arrogant - again it's nothing you can do about anyway.

My facts or most of them are common knowledge, but since they are taken as worthless on here, that just means you have no idea what your talking about. I'm telling you I've done significant research on the directory industry, and I started with Yellow Pages years ago - so how dare anyone on here tell me that black is white, when the majority of the web know exactly how crap some of these directories are.

you think you know me. It's funny.

Not everything, but you went out of your way to select certain posts, just so you can have another pop at me. Again, where did it get you? What have you won, did insulting me make you rich or improve your website?

We both know the answer to that one...

Because I'm telling you - that's what. And if my comments aren't valid, neither is anyone elses on here. Or do you think that because you have a website like all the rest, this somehow makes you God?

Ah, now hang on, we don't know that. All we have to go on is opinion on blogs and forums, and that can be a bunch of bs can't it. Yet you are saying he's a fraud without any proof correct? So, you are stating factual information based on a bunch of worthless info you saw on a website or blog.

See how easy it is when the shoe is on the other foot. Not nice is it. So don't go around telling others they are frauds, or they may attack you verbally some day.

Event_King, May 21, 2008 IP
  9. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! can you share the directory list you're writing about? I didn't get that experience submitting to mine :)

syted, May 21, 2008 IP
  10. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    EK - any chance you'll finally lift the lid on at least one site you're associated with? We're all in a virtual world right now, so I still don't understand your reasoning of not publicly promoting your sites here - stupid is as stupid does.

Spider-Man, May 21, 2008 IP
  11. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Kevin/Jamie thinks he is the King here. The best way to deal with him is to ignore him and just don't engage the bloke.

pipes likes this.
  12. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I never said that, i see hyper did though ;)

pipes, May 21, 2008 IP
  13. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    My reasons for not doing that are as follows:

1. Chances are it will be slated by my many fans on here, and there's too much conflict on here already.

2. I don't particularly want webmasters adding their sites to it, it's not really for webmasters.

3. Overall it would wind up folks on here even more, so at this time it's best they don't know about it. Seriously, they can't handle my press comments as posts, so if they saw the article, I believe it would tip them over the edge.

4. My giving the url wouldn't prove anything, people will still say I'm lying so nothing would be gained from it. Maybe the odd person here would respect me, but the majority, hmmmm, I think it would anger them even more.

So as much as I want to shut up the critics, the answer is currently no. I want to put something together to show you all how it should be done, and when that is ready, I'll likely make that available anyway. But right now, as many have been so nasty and brutal with their posts and profile digs - I'm not inclined to show them anything or teach them anything.

Sorry Spider, but people went a bit too far and said things they shouldn't have done. They could have had free listings from me, which would have opened up a massive new sector to them, I could have introduced them to various contacts that would have done them great favours and advantaged them like you wouldn't believe.

14. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Ah well, feel free to drop me an e-mail on it someday, I'd be interested to hear more about it.

15. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your modesty is exceeded only by your boastfulness :)

syted, May 21, 2008 IP
    JamieG likes this.
  16. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm hurt to the bone. The one person in the world that could possibly hold the meaning to life as he clearly knows everything else wants to blank me. What am I going to do?

As I said in my p.m's to you trying to offer my 'royal' advice. Stop putting yourself above everybody else here. Your not special, your not better than anyone else here, and more importantly you clearly have a lot to learn.

I suspect you you were the type that was never picked for the school soccer team? Now toddle off and listen to a tape of your voice because you clearly like hearing it more than anyone else does, I'm off to build my empire like you've apparently already done. :rolleyes:

JamieG, May 21, 2008 IP
    syted likes this.
  17. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe, but for all the wrong reasons. Wouldn't you rather be judged on sensible posts than by some idiot that has a case of Sour Grapes against you, and then gets even by abusing you privately or openly.

Would you prefer listen to reasoning and sensible debate or disgruntled abuse which always arises from being wrong or made to look foolish among so-called, peers, which are based solely on manufactered opinion and rating systems.

because thats what forums are based on. Think about it.

18. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, yeah, yeah - whatever. Yawn...

You have trouble understanding, I told you to stick your advice and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Yet you still engage me, you are one mad bugger lol. lol. rotflmao

'My Royal Advice' - now look who's putting himself above others lol. You're crazy guy lol

19. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    EK - Do you own a directory, other than the travel one? Or at least are affiliated with any other directory? Just out of interest.

20. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    I do own one and a few other portals becoming established, but am not affiliated or a sales person for any web company. I don't actually own the travel one, but I am strongly connected with it, as it forms a small part of what I used to do and what I do now. I do own a travel website though, just not that one.

Affiliate schemes irritate the heck out of me, as I feel the payouts are rubbish and they take advantage of website owners too much. I dealt with Espotting and a few others some time back, and I told them where to go hehe. Espotting sold for £200 million some time back and is now MIVA, I believe....

Much debate about whether the advertising on MIVA is worth it or not, I don't know as I never tried them. Maybe someone else can comment on MIVA and if they advertise their directory with them.