1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you advertise your directory?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Punct, May 19, 2008.

1. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    What makes you think my name is Liam? Liam who and what program was this?

Event_King, May 20, 2008 IP
  2. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Still in denial are you?:( I read the Daily Mirror and put 2+2 together, can I have that center-spread signed, please?:)

----Edit----

Actually, on second thoughts, I may have gotten this all wrong - maybe you can show me the article to prove otherwise?;)

Spider-Man, May 20, 2008 IP
  3. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think you're 2+2 is correct. Which page was this story on and what date, just so I can confirm if the story is about me. If you read this online, please post the web url, and I'll soon confirm if it's me or not. :)

I'll see, I haven't made my mind up yet.

regards :)

4. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only decent thing I have EVER seen you write. :rolleyes:

I have already proven you wrong on this, stop stating guarantees that you cant backup.

How silly of me, promoting a web directory on the web, whatever next.

Try getting your crummy newspaper web site in my directory. Newspapers are all full of lies, gossip and so much junk they just arn't worth the trees that get destroyed to print them.

Who says we care what newspapers think of the industry.

Yes and if they cant come up with them, they make them up just to sell even more copies.

Dont think for a second that your newspapers are gonna be around forever ;)

SilkySmooth, May 20, 2008 IP
  5. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh yes they are, full of stories about this guy...
    [​IMG]

Eh Liam?

6. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    mikey1090, May 20, 2008 IP
  7. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh that's the Big brother guy, yeah I know who he is. He makes £200k a year with just 12 employees. But it's not me - wrong guy.

From Channel 4 website:

but there seems to be mixed views about his success, but this is the site in question

http://www.oxyuktechnologies.com/aboutus.html

Many are calling him a fraud or just a reseller. But I'm sure BB would have checked him out thoroughly.

8. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dan maintains lists of seo-friendly directories here:
    http://info.vilesilencer.com/

syted, May 20, 2008 IP
  9. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh stop it, you sound like an idiot who thinks a few hundred pounds is all the money in the world, and gets off on it too. :rolleyes:

You know full well that's not what I meant. I said people promote using the web at the wrong stage of promotion.

I wouldn't list in a crap directory that couldn't get in a newspaper, so don't flatter yourself. And what makes you think it's not in there already???

I do ......and you have a real problem with folks that achieve what you can't and I doubt you are alone on that score either. So just simmer down and you may learn something.

Now that has an element of truth, and is certainly the only thing you ever said that's half sensible. The rest of your posts are just nonsense and all talk.

And you will bring them all to their knees right? :rolleyes:

10. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any directory not listed or covered by a news worthy paper is crap ? did i read that right ?

DownUnder, May 20, 2008 IP
  11. Malatya

Malatya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for share my friend.I heasr about them but i forgot to register them.You remind me the sites.

thanks for helpful article.

Malatya, May 20, 2008 IP
  12. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We were actually talking a fair few figures higher than that, but someone who claims this in their profile "Associateship of the Chartered Institute of Management" couldn't do the basic math of my one week earnings and somehow tried to match that 1 week against his entire 2 year history in the industry. Funny, that Liam guy has serious problems with numbers too :rolleyes:

I know my directories and I don't have any newspapers listed ;)

LoL, learn from you! Gimme a break, you have done nothing but come here and talk the talk. Bout time you stepped up and walked that walk with your oh so vast knowledge.

Yeah, I guess all those little red bars I have are from all the people who think I talk crap and don't have a clue about this industry. Oh no, wait, thats you.

Ummmm no, the Internet will do that for me. I won't even try to explain why....

SilkySmooth, May 20, 2008 IP
    swedal and pipes like this.
  13. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    And that's your 'gut me totally' speech is it. You're entire speech still hasn't shown me anything of substance except a low income paypal receipt. BTW, my early directory years were bound to be low, as is every other directory until it becomes established - I'm now well-established in this industry and have the press kicking down my door, so I've yet more exposure. God damn I love it.

By the looks of things, that Liam guy makes 200k a year, which is more than you will ever see. So why take the piss out of him, oh wait, yeah, you do that to everyone who's more successful than you don't you. I guess it compensates you for having no real knowledge, and makes you feel better about yourself. Sad!

How can I accommodate you. Several requests were made to see my site, which I obliged, the url is in my profile and seeing as you pulled my membership from it, I'm puzzled that you missed something so highly prized among the brethren here. Now you can't keep making yourself look stupid by repeating the same old lines, some might think you are thick or have some kind of learning problem.

You certainly must be very troubled by any competition to seek out conflict on a forum, now why would you want to do that? You are nuts.

What because I didn't match your paypal earnings, is this what this is about. lol, oh god this is so funny, so let me get this straight - a persons knowledge and earning potential or other type of success is realistically measured and judged by some insignificant bar grader? A bit sad all this isn't it, to know you get your jollies by being proud of a little boys ranking system. You know it's kind of like those football stickers that were collected by school kids 24 years ago or rubiks cube or something.

Oh it's all so important isn't it rotflao :D

"Oh Goody, look how many green bars I have, can we swap bars please. I'll stroke your ego if you stroke mine - deal?" "Yeah, done deal and welcome to the 'club', we are now officially brothers for life. Respect Man."

I don't care about any bars, except the ones I get drunk in :D

14. deebee

deebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to the directory in your profile? Simple Travel?

deebee, May 20, 2008 IP
  15. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't be stupid. He's probably put that there to throw everybody off his scent. Such a pussy that he's ignored everyone for the past couple of months when they ask where his substance is.

16. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    No Sir, that's just a bog-standard messing about site. Seems like everyone's getting in on the general directory act, but I decided not to get involved in something that's over done to hell and back.

Amazing, his anger grows. But you are kind of correct, just not fully aware of the facts, and this constant attacking surely won't get you what you're after. Whatever the heck that is.

Let's just say the site in my profile, er - we have a very nice partnership with them, which alone makes us a comfortable living. So it's all part of your 'substance', the complete package of portals and sites we own is solid and our 3rd portal is right now in the planning stage, might be a final 4th portal/directory - I haven't decided yet.

What I showed you is a partner site, and not really part of what we do, but it matches many webmaster directories, and that's why I displayed it ~ I have my reasons for not showing you who I really am because that will really wind you up, and there's been enough conflict here today. I don't think many on here are man enough to take knowing who I am, and it will only incite another barage of insults etc.

Regarding the conflict on here, it wastes time and pushes decent members away, and that's to this forum's detriment, which you may or may not regret, but time will tell. Telling someone their a 'pussy' isn't clever and if you only knew of my training, you wouldn't be so smart. Let's just say that I'm not a coward and have been stabbed, beaten, bullied, attacked, knocked out once, and victim to all manner of physical abuse, some in the line of duty and some not. But my job was to protect human life, and it taught me a great deal about conflict, and who to trust, and the guys on here won't bother me for one second, as they don't have what it takes.

Some of you are pleasant enough, and could do something quite good on the web - you have potential, but others are well, not prepared enough....

It's true that one person can't be everything at once because that's a threat - so we'll leave it as you guys are the best and you know more than me, and I hope you all find whatever it is you are looking for. This is not goodbye, more like I can't be bothered to teach the unteachable, so you won't be getting anything out of me.

:)

17. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    You wouldn't happen to be Barbie's boyfriend, Ken, would you?! :eek:

---Edit---

Shit, just found out you're an ex-Chubb Security guard. Must be built like a real military man.

18. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Er nope, more like a highly trained Close-Protection Officer (Bodyguard).

Used to earn shit loads of cash doing security for a top Merchant Bank in City of London, but had enough of dealing with A-holes with smart mouths. Most of them left the building, but not always via the door - if you take my meaning.

19. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    So what does that make you then?

JamieG, May 20, 2008 IP
  20. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm heading off for the night guys, give me a call if you need to chat, my number's 6055111.

Cheers