1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do u host your Drupal site?

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by Zilcha, Jan 10, 2010.

1. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    I use hostgator for my drupal code snippet website, fast and cheap.

QuackWare, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  2. webdev5

webdev5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Imusing wpwebhost, but this site not support followsymlink

webdev5, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. tnk

tnk Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am currently using hawk host, but I heard that host color is also good.

tnk, Mar 26, 2010 IP
  4. NickM

NickM Peon

Best Answers:
    NickM, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  5. mdraja123

mdraja123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Drupal does not accept any appropriate web hosting requirements. You can host a drupal armpit with any PHP / MySQL web hosting provider. However there are some web hosts which accommodate some accomplished abutment and appearance for Drupal sites. Most drupal hosting companies will accommodate you with Auto Accession or Free drupal installation.

You will blunder beyond several drupal hosting providers , actuality are few things you can analysis for.

1. Analysis the reviews of the aggregation on assorted websites. One trusted website I use is webhostingtalk.com. Actuality you can get some honest reviews about a host. Most hosting companies affected reviews on the top analysis sites to get added business. So be accurate back selecting a host. Usually if you can pay about $10 per ages you can acquisition a appropriate host. If you accumulate your annual bound to $1 - $3 you are headed for hawkeye nights.

2. How accomplished is their chump annual ? Address an email to the abutment or sales team. Mention your requirements clearly. Ask them lot of questions upfront. See how they respond. You can actuate a lot of things from the way they respond.

3. It’s more good to get a host with PHP5.x and MySQL 5. If you aces the adaptation 4 of PHP or MySQL you are up for some troubles back newer modules don’t assignment or your upgrades fail.

4. Drupal makes a lot of database queries, one affair you should analysis is what is the database acknowledgment time. You can consistently ask the host for this information. If your database acknowledgment time is beneath , your armpit will be abundant faster.

5. Don’t be bamboozled by aerial bandwidth and aerial web amplitude offered by a web host. Go for stability. Most drupal sites aloof charge about 250 MB amplitude and 10 GB abstracts alteration per month. I would baddest article like 1 GB deejay amplitude and 20 GB alteration amount to be on safe side. If you feel you accept a big site, delay for the cartage to admission and again advancement your annual to aerial bandwidth as required.

6. Analysis if the host is flexible. If you accept to advancement / downgrade, will they abutment it ?

7. Others: Make a account of your requirements . Carefully analysis those with the webhosting company. If you appetite UNIX Shell admission again address that down. What are the things that you can accommodation for ? This is as important as autograph your requirements or priorities.

mdraja123, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  6. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A high traffic Drupal powered website take a little bit more resources, than sites build on other CMS. As you know Drupal is quite sophisticated content management framework so it is pretty normal to require more resources. As far as for the web hosts, there are plenty of good providers around. My suggestion would be to go for a cloud hosting account if you can get a good price.

HostColor, May 4, 2010 IP
  7. balajibala

balajibala Peon

Best Answers:
    hai,

To my knowledge Bluehost will be more cheaper than other hosting services.

balajibala, May 4, 2010 IP
  8. marshallallen250

marshallallen250 Peon

Best Answers:
    i use hostmonster.

marshallallen250, May 20, 2010 IP
  9. gamerxgirl

gamerxgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    If you plan on having your site expand, you will need a virtual private server. Shared hosting doesn't cut it if you're running a sophisticated Drupal site. Drupal uses a lot of memory in comparison to other CMS's.

gamerxgirl, May 24, 2010 IP
  10. duckz

duckz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that is also true, if their database server is fast enough to serve drupal. why dont you try sign with godaddy shared hosting and let me know if drupal runs smoothly there and maybe while you are their client... you can enjoy "excellent" service and plenty of internal server error to look at

duckz, May 27, 2010 IP
  11. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I use DownTownHost. Service is best I've ever experienced, which you really appreciate when you need it, even when it's not a hosting problem but operator error they are helpful and friendly, can't say enough about them.

Previously used HostGator, had a serious problem with them they couldn't figure out and ended up fleeing, so although most people have good luck with them I did not and will not go back.

GoDaddy - not a great choice but you might get by with them.

Worst host of all time is NetworkSolutions, you know, the guys who recently blamed their server security issues on WordPress only to later retract it when they were made fools of. I inherited maintenance of a Drupal site that never ran properly on their servers, would hang for hours at a time, they don't have any technical support to speak of, incredibly incompetent and useless. Moved to DTH and it runs perfectly.

geomark, May 29, 2010 IP
  12. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Guest

Best Answers:
    Linux, blue host ,go daddy are best for hosting a drupal website

jaikanth12, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  13. Selenium

Selenium Member

Best Answers:
    Mine own Linux based webserver.

Selenium, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  14. samuelthomson

samuelthomson Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using Web Hoster in my signature.
    My Drupal 6 site is working too good.
    No downtime as yet.

samuelthomson, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  15. zanvll

zanvll Peon

Best Answers:
    zanvll, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  16. GeekDrop

GeekDrop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bluehost has been good to us so far.

GeekDrop, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  17. HTMwrestling.com

HTMwrestling.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I was developing one on Hostgator (business shared) and it would get a lot of "too many connections" errors before the site was even officially launched. Didn't have any problems running cron though.

HTMwrestling.com, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  18. Ligra

Ligra Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried GoDaddy and HostGator, but now I'm using only Site5 for my websites. They are really fast and cheap and also their support is superb.

Ligra, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  19. Coolof

Coolof Peon

Best Answers:
    when i was choosing Drupal host year ago, read a lot off stuff on drupal()orgm and chose HOTDRUPAL - no regrets, now i have 2 sites on HOTDRUPAL, i think 3rd is comming)

Coolof, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  20. studio9xb

studio9xb Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using webhostingpad.com its good

studio9xb, Oct 13, 2010 IP