1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Do Things Go In Black Holes??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BackupDrone.com, Jan 27, 2007.

1. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some braniac came along and then some how declared what a planet is and isn't. Never mind the fact that we have been growing up being taught that for how many years of our life now. But now its just a piece of rock floating in our solar system's orbit rather then a planet now??? I mean c'mon people.

drewbe121212, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  2. falcondriver

falcondriver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they dont go anywhere, they will be compressed to a very small volume with a very high gravity, making the thing bigger and more powerfull.
    there is no light that could escape the gravity, so you wont see anything.

falcondriver, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  3. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think, matter in black holes just get's dis-integrated.

uttoransen, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  4. BackupDrone.com

BackupDrone.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But then theres talk about, how time just completely stops. I mean, define how time actually just stops? Maybe he means something else by that, but if not, just sounds kinda fictional there saying time stops, because I thought time could never stop, somewhat of a time machine it seems haha :)

BackupDrone.com, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  5. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Time is something created by the man... This is my theory :O

Black Holes eat stuff, someday everything will be eaten because they get stronger, they "walk" almost in the speed of the light and when something reach the speed of light it gets heavy as hell, so if i get to the speed of light and i weight like 60kg, i would weight enoght and create so much gravity that i could attract all the solar system... so imagine a black hole! Black holes usually have BILLIONS of times more materia than the "sun" then it will be REALLY²¹²¹²¹ compressed then explode and start all over again.

And the universe isn't infinite, the universe is big enoght to you can't imagine how much its big. The human isn't smart enoght to think about everything. We are made to try to discover something and die, this kind of stuff isn't for us, it's alot bigger than us and REALLY far from us so we will never see it, maybe new theories will come and things will make a little sense.

And don't worry, in like 1 million of years that will be no black hole near earth because they are millions/billions of lightyears far of us. There isn't any on milky way.

Some people here can't even undestand it, so you can see how the human sucks and people still think that we are going to live on another planet or someshit, we aren't smart enoght, just live with it, grow up, have some kids, get married, get old and die, that's what we are supposed to do.

That can be also a big computer with all the shit inside and some 5 year old having fun watching us doing stuff... also god playing with us, maybe he did it just to test us.

We will never know, this kind of stuff is too hard for humans :)

Our brain is so simple, some people are so dumb, i don't see why people still think that we will do lightspeed travels, teleport and this kind of stuff.

Maybe if everyone was Einstein we could live in Mars in like one million of years.

And just don't care about it, nature is taking care of everything, everything is so well planned, there's the right quantity of oil in the world so we don't die by pollution, when theres too much people on the world theres wars and stuff.

I used to read magazines, websites and stuff all the day, but i found out that i have only 100 years of life ahead if i'm lucky and i just started to care about my little history in the universe, i want to live in new zealand and i will have to work hard for it so i can't loose my time thinking about something that we will never know.

And i started learning english 3 years ago and just had 1 year in school and school here in brazil is crappy so don't expect much from me but i think it's clear what i tryied to say.

Peace!

Thiagoo, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  6. drewbe121212

Best Answers:
    Thaigoo, for the idea that this is what keeps you motivated, you must also remember that people are not the same; including like you. I would be far more happy to discover what goes on out their then "have kids and get old". Sure the getting old thing is inveitable, but in that time my thurst for knowledge will never end :) Just some thoughts for you.

drewbe121212, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  7. dnahosting

dnahosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    what's on the other side is a good question

There is a black hole at the center of the Milky Way.
    http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mystery_monday_031124.html

Something I just thought of reading this thread is if a Black Hole's gravitational pull is "so great that nothing can escape not even light" how does the radiation manage to escape?

:edit:
    oh an according to that theory on matter cannot be created nor destroyed, the stuff that get's sucked in can't just disappear

dnahosting, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  8. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    I agree completely with you mate :)

BackupDrone.com, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  9. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    checksum, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  10. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    nice thanks, going to take a look at that tomorrow. Space talk is cool :) Critical thinking kinda stuff

BackupDrone.com, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  11. smokey99

smokey99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone interested in this topic should read Stephen Hawking's,
    "A Brief History of Time" It is technical enough to give great insight, and simple enough, for most with high school science to understand.

smokey99, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  12. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    Not to much of a reader though, that discovery channel is as close as I'll probably get to this black hole stuff lmao :)

BackupDrone.com, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  13. suncrafter

suncrafter Peon

Best Answers:
    Because the gravatational pull is so strong that even light can't excape. That is why it would look black.

suncrafter, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  14. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lorien1973, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  15. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A better question yet. What if Chuck Norris got sucked up by a black hole:D ?

integrity, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  16. drewbe121212

Best Answers:
    Yeah; I think the black hole woul ceast to exist at that point in time.

drewbe121212, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  17. dnahosting

dnahosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    dnahosting, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  18. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    a black hole is matter compressed so much the mass makes gravity so strong that light cannot even escape it's pull, the center of a black hole, is a small dense object, if you could compress the moon to the size of a car it would make a black hole. earth to the size of a house, or the sun to the size of a football stadium, all would make a black hole, there is one in the center of our galaxy and there is a movie about it and it shows the stars being wizzed around it.

this is an hour talk by the woman that found the black hole in our galaxy. and shows you the black hole.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6199067060728714818&q=galaxy+black+hole

samantha pia, Feb 20, 2007 IP