1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Do Things Go In Black Holes??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BackupDrone.com, Jan 27, 2007.

I was watching the Discovery channel and they where talking about Black Holes.

Where do you think atoms or objects go when they get sucked in?

Me, I think if we ever manage to get a camera in there we will see a whole new universe, maybe even ET's :confused:

BackupDrone.com, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  2. icepak

icepak Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't believe it goes anywhere, and the black hole keeps growing as it continues to "suck stuff in"

icepak, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  3. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what happens when something gets sucked in a black hole. I also don't want to think about it as I already have too much problem in this world. :D

jdR!pper, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  4. BackupDrone.com

BackupDrone.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It has to go somewhere, I mean if it sucks it in, where does it go? Information does not just disappear like Hoppins (Expert on Black Holes) said. So either they heat up and become smaller atoms that the human eye just can't see, or they travel to some place unknown and discovered by humans.

5. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    lol, I mean it would make a lot of theorys on the "ET's" more believable if Hoppins is able to prove his theory.

I mean, don't you think theres more to this universe than what we read in books?

6. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When something falls into a black hole, it is crushed by the tremendous gravitational forces that exist within the black hole. Any object that falls in it will be crushed into subatomic particles, and then these pieces may be sent out of the black hole in the form or radiation.

For example, if a human fell into a black hole, the gravitational difference between their head and toe would be so great that they would be stretched into spaghetti. They would see the entire history of the universe pass before being crushed into nothingness. In other words, they will die.

At least thats what the scientists say. Of course, no one will no for sure until they actually go into one, and I'm not volunteering for it. Some also say that the black hole may be a gateway to another dimension or universe. Nothing can escape from a black hole, not even light itself, and light travels at a speed of 186,000 miles per second, approximately.

tesla, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  7. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree with you, but I rather go on the theory such as Hoppins, as he's saying that the particles and objects are going into another universe where Black Holes don't exist therefore the information isn't lost nor radiated back.

I also believe the Government is holding out on information such as this on things we know nothing about in the universe. This would unlock lots and lots theories.

8. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    How would we watch whats on the camera without going out to get it? Also if we went to get the camera why would we need to watch it if we are there? :)

aaron_nimocks, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  9. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    I'm a little lose at what you mean there bud.

I don't know what you mean by going in to get the camera. As why would we need to, don't we have wireless cameras now? Last time I checked we did, and I believe thats what satellites help us with also, right?

So I think you wrote the question wrong, or read my solution wrong.:confused:

10. aaron_nimocks

Best Answers:
    Well in theory...

If we did place a camera that will send its signal back to earth in a black hole heres what would happen. We will just say the camera survived a black hole and it fully operational also.

The camera would be so far away that it would take 100s if not 1000s of years for the signal to ever make it back to earth. So I think it would be better just to wait a thousand years until we have the technolgy for quick space travel than to do the thing with the camera.

I understand what you are saying and your point Im just bored and making conversation. :)

11. TopDraw

TopDraw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting discussion here, I've always wanted to know more about Black Holes...I think I'd agree with the theory that its maybe a portal into another dimension, actually here on earth we have some spots like the Bermuda Triangle for one. Actually only God would know whats in there ;)

TopDraw, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  12. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah... There's definitely a lot things in this universe that we don't understand. But until something has been proven, I would not bother thinking about it. :D

jdR!pper, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  13. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    lol I know your trying to make convo, and so am I :)

Anyway, there should be a way for us to send a space ship, or shuttle up in space, have a camera sent off from the shuttle into the Black Hole, and the camera only transmit the images back to the shuttle, and not have a long range to send the signal back. I believe we already have that technology.

14. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    Well its something to just keep in mind, as like I said earlier, knowing more about the Black Hole may unlock new secrets and technology of kinds we would be 1000's of years from.

If this is true, and we don't think about it, we would be just like the "Indian's" hundred of years ago, 1000's of years behind in technology and etc. If there is another universe out there....

15. aaron_nimocks

Best Answers:
    Well then you would need to have the shuttle at the black hole with a cable attached to the camera going through the black hole. Now saying the blackhole doesnt destroy the cable thats sending the info back then it can work.

But if we just had a shuttle up there closer to the camera it wouldnt. Well the only people that would get the info is the people on the shuttle. In order for them to get the info back to earth they would still need to travel back to earth or transmit the info, but if they are there to recieve and just transmit again then its a waste. Radio waves are much faster than the shuttle can travel.

16. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    lol Why do you continue to say camera's need wires, I thought our technology has moved on to wireless technology.

The shuttle would only have to shoot or let the camera out at the black hole, and just "record" what they see in the black hole, and forget whatever happens to the camera, because they recorded the feedback.

Afterwards, they can then either travel back to earth, or just send the image or wave to the "satellite", and the satellite sends the image to earth.

Simple, point A>>>>to point>>>>>B>>>>>>to>>>>>>Earth :) WE HAVE IMAGES haha.

17. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    The idea that black holes are conduits between universes is not well supported. At best, they are conduits between other parts of this universe. But, at most, they are likely nothing more than super compressed matter.

There is a thought that there are multiple universes. But the conduit is not black holes. It is gravity. The thought is gravity waves could be used to communicate between universes, which are sandwiched side by side in much the same way as slices in an endless loaf of bread.

clancey, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  18. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    hmmm I'm not to knowledgeable on gravity waves, but I know as for Black Holes, they are something we know little about, and if we could possibly figure out what really happens to objects that are pulled in, we may be able to figure out more questions that are unanswered.

The only hard part is actually being able to be in the right spot at the right time when a Black Hole opens up....

19. AsianKid

AsianKid Peon

Best Answers:
    I learned a few years ago in my class that they burst and everything justs get compact that its gone :O

AsianKid, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  20. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    lol well "its gone" doesn't really do it for most physicist. They probably do burst, maybe not, who knows.... :)

BackupDrone.com, Jan 28, 2007 IP