1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do people get cheap product to sell on Ebay?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by the_monk, Jan 23, 2007.

There are millions of people selling something on Ebay and I never understood where do they get all this products from? You need to get something in order to sell it and you need to get it cheaper than price you selling for to make profit.
    Does anyone knows?

the_monk, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  2. craiger22

craiger22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Choose the products you want to sell, and then contact the manufacture or a leading distributor, explain to them that you are looking to buy in large quantities, ask about their wholesale prices. Most companies will ask that you have a resale license though.

craiger22, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  3. on-on

on-on Peon

Best Answers:
    In the case of the many Abercrombie & Fitch (and other designer) items that are sold in bulk, they're fakes. A number of the listings actually say "From Thailand." I can walk down to Patpong in Thailand any night and take pictures of the same merchandise that's being sold on eBay for even less. Sometimes you'll notice that the item being sold hasn't ever actually been produced by the designer, it's just a pink hat with a sewn on logo. Courtesy of the PRC via Thailand, heh. For other stuff I assume it's either bulk buys or clearance lots or sometimes maybe stuff that "fell off the back of the truck" Goodfellas style.

on-on, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  4. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    alibaba.com - Alibaba.com is the world's largest online
    import-export marketplace.
    - More than 3,010,000 members in more than 200 countries and territories!
    - More than 7,740,000 buying and selling leads in the last six months alone!

WunschShrek, Jan 24, 2007 IP
    gemini181 likes this.
  5. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    You can start in your own home, actually you can start a business by using products you don't want in your home.

Then use the profits from that to "trade up" to a better product. Then product delivery, appeal, and marketing.

John Guanzon, Jan 24, 2007 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  6. DomainDomain

DomainDomain Active Member

Best Answers:
    BEWARE of alibaba.com, it is jam packed with scammers, and unfortunatly I talk from experience.
    You can find decent products on there, but they are few and far between.

Check out the wholesale section of ebay, do your research before you buy, you can pick up some profitable items.
    DD

DomainDomain, Jan 24, 2007 IP
    gemini181 likes this.
  7. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    only purchase from certified sellers who have passed inspection. yes if you dont buy from proven sellers you can and most likely will be scammed.

WunschShrek, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  8. DomainDomain

DomainDomain Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got stung for about £2000 ($4500 ?) from a certified / gold seller. Its no back-up really, the checks that are in place are poor, and there is still the hacked accounts like you get on ebay at times.
    DD

DomainDomain, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  9. xaxecom

xaxecom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alibaba certificated seller is nothing, It is very easy to get a company lisence and then pass the inspection. It is full of junk now.

xaxecom, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  10. alpalino

alpalino Peon

Best Answers:
    You can go to coast of Dover in England. You can find alot of stuff there to sell on ebay.

I am not joking, I saw it on the news. People were looting the ship containers for car parts, and many more staff.

alpalino, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  11. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    trade-key, just find wholesalers, the key too making money with resell is to find a good person to buy stock off.

pr0xy122, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  12. frederik

frederik Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone knows to make a profit that you have to buy low and sell high nothing new. However have you checked the website from salehoo already it's one time cost you must pay and then you have access to a great of wholesale merchants, dropshippers and so on. I have bought it myself and i think to work with some dropshippers within a few weeks. So that's also a resource where you can get products for a relative low price.

frederik, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  13. dowie

dowie Guest

Best Answers:
    if your new to selling on ebay I would try going down the dropshipping route. You don't have the big initial outlay on stock and you can gain a lot of experience in what sell and what does'nt, without loosing money on piles of stock you thought would sell. I would'nt be tempted to buy the wholesale or dropshipping lists that are sold on ebay, why pay for information you can get for free by looking a bit deeper.

If you search around there is loads of info on this type of business its very popular on ebay right now.

good luck.

dowie, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  14. the_monk

the_monk Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with people who said that alibaba.com is not that safe. But does anybody have experience with salehoo.com ? and other thing how do i find wholesellers to buy product from? is it safe online.
    PS. and i dont have any "useless" stuff at home to sell on ebay :) i rather try to find some good priced product or even selling it before you actually purchased it.
    Thanks

the_monk, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  15. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some products are just people seelling their used stuff, others make a part time/full time living on ebay by having their own shops affiliated with ebay. This allows them to have potentially a huge customer base with little requiremnt to do marketing, like they would if they were running their own ecommerce site.I assume you want to sell stuff to make a living. I am sure the people who seel in large quantities have probably deals with suplliers or something.

qwestcommunications, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  16. blademaster

blademaster Peon

Best Answers:
    blademaster, Jan 24, 2007 IP
    briguy likes this.
  17. beckman

beckman Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy in bulk. Contact the sales dept for a good discount rate.

I have lots of friends who do the yard sale thing, but it is a big pain to write separate listings for each item.

beckman, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  18. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    You can contact local shops and stores who are not selling online. Offer
    them your services for a fair commission - many of the big powersellers
    do this and make tons, since they don't have to worry about storing stock
    or fulfilment of orders.

WillB, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  19. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not IMPORT in bulk yourself? If you need trade directories, let me know.

webmasterlabor.com, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  20. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a look at alibaba.com and I have to say, that you can find there much stuff. Most of it is noname, non quality, copied stuff. And the prices are horrible. Don´t you know good dropshippers?

Michelangelo, Jan 25, 2007 IP