1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Where Do I Start When I Want to Make Money Online?"

Discussion in 'General Business' started by TREYC, Jun 7, 2019.

A lot of people probably find themselves asking this exact question.. and it can be a tough one to answer.

There are many ways to make money online - but which one will work best for you as an entrepreneur?

It needs to be something that peaks your interests, but also happens to be profitable as well..

What tips do my fellow DPers have? I recently posted an article talking a bit about it, but it's nothing extensive.

Cheers!

TREYC, Jun 7, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Starting a blog might be something to consider. There are so many different ways to monetize them. The key is getting traffic to them though.

danasurvey, Jun 7, 2019 IP
  3. TREYC

TREYC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Of course - finding the right niche could help make the process easier, but traffic is always the key

TREYC, Jun 8, 2019 IP
  4. webar2007

webar2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do some research and find a product or service that could actually help people, for instance save time or money.
    And yes, traffic is a key. If your budget allows it you could pay for traffic or build up a good online presence by creating good content, do guest posting or create quality backlinks in order to get search engine traffic. Having your own affiliates could also be lucrative.

webar2007, Jun 9, 2019 IP
  5. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Step by step training to cut down on the learning curve.

kb24, Jun 12, 2019 IP
  6. Hannah Threst

Hannah Threst Peon

Best Answers:
    Like any other business, building one should be something close to your passion. You'll both enjoy and make money from it. One can start a blog where he/she can discuss something they enjoy and others too. Isn't that most "influencers" does these days?

Hannah Threst, Jun 12, 2019 IP
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For fast money, try join freelance site like seoclerk, fiverr, fivesquid..try reseller otger service that you find over internet and has many buyer

robyries, Jun 14, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I guess the main thing it to pick something and then go out and do it. I have seen so many budding entrepreneurs delay and obsess over the "perfect business" for years and years and never actually get anything going. Note, that I am not suggesting that you jump into the first thing that comes to mind and heavily invest in it; rather, I suggest that you pick something that you can work on without a lot of risk (just your time, for the most part) while you see if it works out or where it leads you. Another observation that I have made is that many successful businesses started out with one idea or mission, but as they evolved, they morphed into something different based upon the opportunities and needs that they observed in the marketplace.

jrbiz, Jun 15, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  9. Chris Ford

Chris Ford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow. I have read a lot of good idea's. But traffic is people and automation. The smart cookie are on those folks that "manually" perform traffic generation and then automate it. There are a lot of products out there that generate traffic. Based on my experience, I now understand to trust none of them and to BUY none of them, unless it is your own. I discovered recently that "traffic" the people kind are sheep. See, I was a sheep. I listened, I followed and I am ticked because after all of these years, I did not have the understanding. I later/recently learned HTML. As a matter of fact, I bought a plugin that posted exactly what I wanted the google index to say, it worked very well. But how does it work? Then I discovered just by writing HTML code that I can do the same thing with meta data, all the while people say, do not use it. But I can easily find where people have used it. The there is the thing about keywords. Never understood the, but today- I do. Does that mean I will use a KW planner, no-it means if I really want to narrow down search in my favor- I will do so. Check to see if every page you have is SEO. More bout that later. Check to see if your website has breaks and (just a few min ago) I ran a check on someone wanting help, there were a lot of 404 and then I spotted something, the results pointed to the exact location of .pdf files, images and much more (i never knew about this). Making money online is hard. But again, it is a learning process. One more thing that I did today was I wrote down the process of how to really take advantage of SEO, YouTube etc. One way is to in affiliate marketing is to build a page based on the sales page, but you can also SEO the page with an additional page, with just the HEADLINE Only in another language, additionally use "get this" meta tags with keywords of course translated into another language. And then to top off doing all of this work, telling google via Pinger to go back to your specific web-pages to read them/index them. Now, what I have learned is I can be 100% wrong, in what I say, but after learning html and such I have found it very interesting that it would be best to be exposed to all as apposed to none. When you are your own island and you do not interact with someone- you read and take that info away. Lastly, there is one more thing. You can send traffic to 1,000 new people via email using something called safelists. I want to point out the one that I use. I have also paid to post there, but found the free way- which they give 1,000 folks you can contact daily- works best for me. The best one is called Herculxxxx. I will let you look it up yourself. You can also post your domain to what they called an autoresponder which switches displays a different website to vistors and lists thus, traffic is generated that way. Recall I talked about learning HTML, well I would recommend that you start there and learn programming to actually understand what is actually happening. I would love to post a web link to tell you where you can pickup some good info, oh- Amazon is a good place but look for obscure SHORT books on SEO. Why? Cause the long books leave you with so much info, you never implement it. The short books are better. Again, I would love to post, but I want to no spam or anything like that. Building a list- man I can talk for hours about this area. Again amazon short stories less than say 50 pages. Squeeze pages do not work anymore. I love to equate them to people/deer in the woods. When a deer hears something they run away. Be silent and use a 2 step process its like a question answer (thus macro stepts). So what do I bring this up- people are traffic. When you capture their info/address you can direct the traffic anywhere. Solo Ad where you spend like $40 for 100 clicks. Listen, not only are these expensive- but YOU make more money selling to folks who want them as apposed to YOU taking these kinds of offers. Its funny- bottom line and last observation. If SEO, internet marketing, MMOL were easy- then everyone would be doing it. On, one more thing- if you are serious about this. Look online for a calendar program, where the calendar will generate a HTML code. Put the calendar and your squeeze page together. On the calendar post all of the stuff you will be doing for the month (guess what) instead of 1% signup, you will get nearly double figure signup, like back in the olden days of the internet. I believe that this is so because of the deer thing. THe deer see what is going to happen, so they are curious- and your offer is weird looking, its different- its new. Deer are puzzled, so they signup because they will miss something interesting on your calendar. What do you put on your calendar. Go to the w.muncheye and memic that calendar add it to your squeeze page. As people join your list, you can of course send traffic anywhere (they call this traffic you own). I would love to talk about cold traffic and how to warm them up, but that is another story. Lastly here is a tip as well (send the traffic) to your web properties, ie. your blog, you had better put a video on that blog related to the keywords used in the title of the post, and be sure to get that webaddress-then send them to the offer, be sure to also add your own offer (paypal) which is another thing. The #1 thing you should do is go to paypal, and setup your own product for you to receive payment. If you never do this and you rely on affiliate sales (it will be a long time) before you make the $, but if you do just that one thing (U) will be so close to the $, then you will understand cause- you will get a sale. I will be glad to provide more info and I am always looking for beta testers for software I write that do stuff that makes peoples lives easier. Again, if you do stuff manually, then you move to automation (your commissioned automation)_ whereyou hire someone to write what you need. You will be in much better shape than buying the stuff out there that... will let you down.

Chris Ford, Jun 16, 2019 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learn business basics. Research and select a niche. Find an entrepreneur who is experienced and successful in the niche you select and is also willing to mentor you.

JoeSpirit, Jun 16, 2019 IP
  11. Tsebo Mallane

Tsebo Mallane Peon

Best Answers:
    First get a skill, whatever skill you think works for you. For me, that skill was Digital Marketing. Then offer your skills online, which I did using Upwork. Now I run a blog about making money online by using online skills such as Digital Marketing.

Tsebo Mallane, Jun 19, 2019 IP
  12. SiteTraffic

SiteTraffic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello! There are many ways to make money. And many places to start from. If you have a website you can connect it through AdSense or something similar and bring in a little bit of money through advertising. It’s not going to be a lot with small traffic but slowly as you market the site, traffic will increase and therefore revenue as well. There are sites like sitetraffic.store that provide high traffic to your site and significantly help your case. Overall, you can start anywhere as there are so many different ways. Just make sure you have a solid website with good design that can attract people and keep them searching through the site.

SiteTraffic, Jul 27, 2019 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Monetize your skills.

dcristo, Jul 28, 2019 IP
  14. GabyModa

GabyModa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, in business for me there is no place for feelings. If you want to work for money, you need to find something that is profitable. If you want to work something that is suitable for you and you character, i suggest to work for somebody, instead of making your own business.

GabyModa, Jul 31, 2019 IP
  15. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Generally speaking, first spend a lot of time looking around at what different people are doing. Don't only focus on what people are recommending to you on a forum like this. Rather just ask around on social sites like Facebook, ask your friends, look at websites that are of interest to you where you see people are making money in some way. Then take an idea that you already find interesting and think about how you can make it better. Then said a plan to do just that. I have done it this way many times but it's hard to be specific in a situation like this.

dvduval, Jul 31, 2019 IP
  16. ListGenius

ListGenius Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing. It's easy and you can earn your invested money back soon. Start learning Funnels & affiliate marketing. Learn wordpress and build a simple landing page and optin form. After people subscribe to your optin form in landing page they get redirected to "thank you" page where you promote 1 affiliate offer. Then you can promote more affiliate offers with email marketing :)

ListGenius, Aug 1, 2019 IP
    mike323 likes this.
  17. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Selling products and services on a marketplace such as Ebay is probably the easiest way to get started. The traffic is already there so all you need is something to sell that people want at a fair price. For newcomers, making money from a website is a bit more challenging and far less turnkey so I suggest you start small before you think big.

gregdavidson, Aug 1, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. quentinj

quentinj Peon

Best Answers:
    Take rainman to vegas with you.

quentinj, Aug 6, 2019 IP
  19. traceyjedison

traceyjedison Peon

Best Answers:
    Making money is not instant or super easy to have sometimes there's a lot of failures before you succeed and for me, that is the foundation to earn more money

traceyjedison, Aug 13, 2019 IP
  20. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have specialize skills in digital marketing you can sell it on the marketplace and the other place is creating blog to showcase your service in detailed information and benefits so that the visitors would likely to hire your expertise in the field.

KylieSweet, Aug 13, 2019 IP