1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do i get more products to advertize?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by coeurdemienne, Mar 21, 2006.

I am new to Google Adwords and have only been advertizing ONE product with poor clicks. I hated it when I found out that I lost money in 3 days because of some stupid keywords that I added with the keywords that was provided by the company.

Where do I get more products to advertize? I want to get my money back. Please.....any tips? Thanks.

coeurdemienne, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look for affiliate programs.

If you are new to AdWords is impossible to know if a new product will profit or not.

normally I begin slow and I accept the idea to invest money in the first weeks with new products loosing moneys with keywords that you will delete after you figure out that do not works.

Micromag, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  3. Roxyyo

Roxyyo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't ask for your money back from the bus driver if you get off on the wrong stop.

I don't know what you mean about where to get more products to advertise. Do you mean more channels or other ways to promote?

Did you skip the step of thorough keyword research?

Did you closely monitor your clickthroughs and bids throughout the campaign or did you just throw caution to the wind?

Adwords won't work for some businesses who are small fish in competitive industries. It takes more than 3 days to get a new campaign off the ground, establish ctr history and start seeing return. Even once you're flying you need to make continual adjustments. If you are not prepared for this high maintenance channel, you'll have to look to other ways of drawing traffic.

Roxyyo, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  4. coeurdemienne

coeurdemienne Peon

Best Answers:
    Roxyyo, what I meant was I want to get back the money that I've lost. Wouldn't you?

When I asked "Where to get more products to advertize" I meant exactly what I said. You go to Google to ADvertize with Words, right? I currently have only ONE product for campaign. I paid $47 for this product and I didn't even know that I had to go to Google Adwords to try and sell the product. I was given a step by step instruction how to advertize this product on Google. I was also provided the keywords and when I tried to add some other keywords that I thought might acquire more clicks, that's exactly what happened. So I lost money from those unwanted clicks. I did monitor the clickthroughs for a week and it only increased last weekend but adding those keywords that was not provided by the seller was stupid. So what can I say?

So now I want to know where can I find other products to advertize and sell. I'm a newbie in Adwords. I can't pretend that I know everything and that's why I'm asking for tips. I've been reading and reading through Google Adwords' help section and I'm tired of reading them.

Thanks, Micromag, where do I look for affiliate programs? I saw one on Clickbank but it has expensive price per click.

coeurdemienne, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:

www.cj.com

GuyFromChicago, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  6. Kalev

Kalev Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find products from cj.com, linkshare.com, shareasale.com.

Pharmacy is also an option but you cannot advertise with google or overture.
    They have high margin with huge competition.

Kalev, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  7. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I thought that you couldn't directly advertise an affiliate link in an adwords ad.

Am I wrong about this, or are you joining affiliate programs and then making a landing page for each one and you are then promoting that landing page within Adwords.

john269, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes:D

Actually it varies from affiliate to affiliate (Google doesn't care). Some are ok with you sending people directly to their site and others are not.

GuyFromChicago, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  9. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that must be rather good for the merchants. This is because they can't loose out and they don't have to risk their advertising money on CPC as the affiliate will take all the risks. All the merchant have to do then is pay the affiliate once he/she gets sales and then keep all the rest of the profit.

john269, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  10. Roxyyo

Roxyyo Peon

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, I don't see why you expect to get your money back from Google. If people come but don't want to buy anything at your garage sale, you don't ask the newspaper to give you money back for your ad.

Roxyyo, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  11. rado_guy

rado_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    try clickbank.com man its pretty good, its got a whole lotta products u can endorse

rado_guy, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  12. ccasselman

ccasselman Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also recommend paydotcom.com

chad

ccasselman, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  13. coeurdemienne

coeurdemienne Peon

Best Answers:

Roxyyo, once again, I am NOT expecting to get my money back from Google. That is just sooo common sense. I was in marketing business for over 12 years. You invest, you lose, you gain, you lose, you gain again...and so on. That's how it really goes. How difficult is that to understand???? I meant I want to get back what I've lost by learning how does Google Adwords really work...the tricks on bidding, keywords, and anything else. I am really new on this thing and I suppose you are making so much money now so GOOD FOR YOU. However, if you go on with your sarcasm and can't give me any help or tips like the rest of the guys here the least you can do for me is get off my thread! Okay???

coeurdemienne, Mar 30, 2006 IP