1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where can i sell this database?Anyone has any idea?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Alin Alex, Nov 28, 2014.

Hi, DP! I have this huge database of german consumers (25+ million) that i bought from a german call-center.The database contains Name,Surname,Phone,DOB,Address, and 3-4 million of them are in categories as ex-buyers (they bought something in the past) like Beauty products,insurance,lottery,newspapers and so on.I have another group of 2-3 million people witch are really rich (millions).
    I was wondering if anyone knows a place where i can sell this and what kind of people should i approach? Call-center owners? Telemarketers? I don't really know, so please..any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!

Alin Alex, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  2. SasaIlic

SasaIlic Member

Best Answers:
    Is the list targeted. Do you have them all divided in categories? Next thing is are they responsive? If the first 2 answers are positive you should try a campaign and earn revenue on them.

SasaIlic, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  3. leonidus1981

leonidus1981 Banned

Best Answers:
    If I'd have something like this, first of all I'd try to use it for mine own needs, especially if the base is nicely structured. Why should I sell such a goldmine :)

leonidus1981, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  4. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i have it and i don't know what to do with it...sounds too complicated for me....i'm looking to sell if you're interested just PM me with your offer...

Alin Alex, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  5. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, so, if you're just trying to sell then go to the Buy/Sell/Trade section and post it there.

You could have warned us that you're just trying to get over the rules of this forum, by posting an ad, making it look like a question.

Alex Toll, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  6. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think that was his intention. I think he was just asking where he can sell such a large subscriber list.

rjd1265, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    No, can't sell it here. The only reason you'd buy it is if you wanted to spam the people on the list - and in my book unsolicited phone calls and snail mail are still spam.

It always makes me laugh when someone buys something with no ideas or business plan on how they are going to make a buck out of it. It looks like the original sales person was a real shark convincing you that you need to act quickly, this opportunity won't last, you can make a mint - and then leaves you high and dry on how to make that happen. If you'd had time to think and plan you might have realised that you don't have a clue and that this research should be done BEFORE parting with your cash.

sarahk, Dec 3, 2014 IP
    Alex Toll likes this.
  8. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Initially i was thinking SRDS and list brokers, but once i thought about it, i realize that probably 90% of the people on that list are dead, have no money, or just plain useless for making money. I would pursue a different business venture. Don't get attached to this business "opportunity".

Randall Magwood, Dec 3, 2014 IP
    Alex Toll likes this.
  9. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think all email lists are a scam. I mark as spam anything I haven't signed up for, just because they don't have my permission to receive these emails. And I'm sure there are millions of people like me. So now email scams have moved from spamming people to just selling the lists.

Alex Toll, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  10. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's the amount of messages it took him from "hey look, guys, I want to sell this stuff and I want you to help me" to "hey, I don't care. Wanna buy?" that puts me off. Or maybe the fact that he could have at least thanked people for trying to help. I don't know.

Alex Toll, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  11. Bestservices4u

Bestservices4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are various marketplaces to sell databases. One of them to sell database is on WF. But you need to pay them to post your thread.

Bestservices4u, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  12. Andrew2015

Andrew2015 Peon

Best Answers:
    I operate a website that offers email marketing services to my database of 250,000 real estate leads. You can see it in my profile page.
    The main difference is that I did not buy my list - it was generated and compiled myself over 7 years and contains mainly personal emails ( eg. gmail, yahoo etc). You say you have 25,000,000 names which seems high for a country that has 80,000,000 residents. The other list you have of 2 to 3 million people who you indicate are rich also is vague - is it 2 or 3 million??? How was this list generated to determine if they are rich? If this list is in exell?

I have a suggestion which we could work on if you reply on the above info. You may want to see my site first to understand how a list needs to be marketed and classified. Whether you actually purchased the list ( I have never heard of a call center selling a list) or it "fell off a truck" there is little value in you selling it onward.

Andrew2015, Mar 2, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  13. AndrewRxP

AndrewRxP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have well targeted bases you can be a partner in certain partner program. You may chose a niche due to the character of your databases.

AndrewRxP, Mar 16, 2015 IP