1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where can I open online bank account without SSN?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by EGS, May 1, 2007.

Hi.

Where can I go about opening up an online bank account, virtual or physical, without the bank requiring a social security number?

"Most of these financial entities want you to blv so, but under the Social Security Privacy law, a bank can not deny you privileges and rights because you refuse to disclose a number, which only identifies a government trust fund established for an individual. Social security numbers are only for that purpose, for the businesses of the the Social Security Administration." WikiAnswers

So I read that banks do not require that kind of information. Am wondering where I can open one online. :) Preferrably I'd like a virtual bank account that I can use, or one that I can go to at a physical location.

Please assist.
    Thanks!

EGS, May 1, 2007 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe 9/11 changes a lot of things. I believe you can open a bank account if you appear physically in the bank branch without an SSN but the SSN may be your single proof that you are a US Citizen (or Resident) then again the Driver's License may be another proof of identity.

You can try 'Wells Fargo' https://www.wellsfargo.com/ . It seems to be a more online friendly.

eddy2099, May 1, 2007 IP
  3. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bank of America is doing some of this....at least with credit cards and I think checking accounts as well...

d16man, May 1, 2007 IP
  4. smile

smile Peon

Best Answers:
    if u are an internatioanl student in the us, you can use just your passport

smile, May 1, 2007 IP
  5. SteveAR

SteveAR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wamu.com allows you to open an account online. but you need a social.

SteveAR, May 1, 2007 IP
  6. hamlak

hamlak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yes opening a US Bank acct as a non-resident is almost "impossible" with the Patriot Act and the war on Terror. But it can be done if you know how. There is always an exception to every law:-

I found a Report which showed me 3 ways to get around this and using the information I was able to open an Acct with a Bank in Texas, US from Africa where I live. It was unbelievable 'cos I been trying to do this for 4 years.

You can get the report here:

http://www.ewealthsuccess.com/us-bank.html

Hope this helps.

Regds.

hamlak, May 2, 2007 IP
  7. mng026

mng026 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is true, ever since 9/11 the Banking Industry has focused its attention on assisting law enforcement agencies in tracking the money trail of terrorists and those suspected of supporting terrorist activities.. I remember this from a buslaw course I had in 2003.

mng026, May 2, 2007 IP