1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where are you guys getting these high paying jobs?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by IoWn3rU, Apr 28, 2010.

I am a rather talented writer, and have been doing some articles for people on the forums, but at very low rates from $.5-$1.5/100 words. I've seen plenty people making exponentially more, and I'd love to know where they get those jobs. Of course I don't expect you guys to spill the beans or tell me the secrets, but steer me in the right direction. :)

IoWn3rU, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  2. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop trying to compete with the 'quantity' writers. My documents are anywhere between $25 and $50 each - even more on some occasions but depends what I am writing about and how long it is.

iNET SEO, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  3. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    But that's the only competition on these forums. Where can I look for better jobs?

IoWn3rU, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  4. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try some of the review websites out there. Do a few for free to get your name out there and see where it can take you? Maybe look for a new web based service and offer to re-write their user guide for free. Stuff like that. Then you can talk to others about doing this work paid.

iNET SEO, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  5. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    Great ideas man, I appreciate it.

IoWn3rU, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  6. Indiego

Indiego Peon

Best Answers:
    Can i know what is your price for 300-400 words articles?

Indiego, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  7. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have PMed me, but I go for $1.5/100 words so $4.5-$6.

IoWn3rU, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  8. Dracs69

Dracs69 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to do website reviews (adult niche) which pays me $25 per review - roughly 500 to 700 words per review and I make around 2 to 3 reviews daily. I got that client from Odesk :)

If you are really good at what you do, you only need to find the right employer :)

Dracs69, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  9. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely look into Odesk. Is it better than freelancer.com?

IoWn3rU, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  10. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    My standard is $150 to $250 for an article of 500-700 words, with a guarantee of at least 5 top ten Google rankings for keyword phrase combos or no payment is due.
    A fellow forum member just challenged me $150 to prove it. I am accepting, but only if the article will be one where the results will benefit him.
    To answer your question about sources, I can give you an internet way, where people call me.
    If you can wait no more than 6 weeks, I will be spilling my secrets and sources in a beta version of my book, "Articles, Maximizing the Power of One." It will be available here 1st, before the book is finished. Then, as I have a contact with Amazon, it might cost 5 times more.
    So either way, if you are sincere, you might love the shot at tearing me apart. I am looking at maybe 2 more people to get the copy, and review and make suggestions beforehand. Yes, a section at the end will reveal a prime source if you are not afraid of executives. They are no better than you, but do have the big bucks, and do need help. It could be rewording their critical home page. Writing a monthly article for their newsletter. Writing press release reports, and on and on.

dyadvisor, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  11. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also look into being a syndicated writer. One who creates a good article, and submits it to hundreds of sites for them to carry.

That's the real secret. If you can really cal it that.

If you sell it for, say, $20, and have say, 100 sites carry it, well, do the math.

You could also be a regular writer for X amount of sites and or magazines and newspapers.

It's just a matter of finding them.

Here's a list to get you going:

http://www.50states.com/news/

http://www.gebbieinc.com/magurl.htm

http://www.prelovac.com/vladimir/best-webmaster-forums

http://www.big-boards.com/

Perry Rose, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  12. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    So, in essence, you're offering me in sincerity a look at your eBook before it's released?

IoWn3rU, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  13. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but I am not offering this pre-release review opportunity to the masses. Please do not forget that although I get paid well, it does not I cannot learn more. This Ebook will be offered in the best version for beginners to pros. Sometimes when you improve, you talk over the head of those trying to learn more. So I am giving a few writers to professional copywriters to critique what I have written. You gain a unique opportunity to rip me apart, and to point out weak areas, or even areas you want answers -- a great learning opportunity. I gain by looking at the advice and making helpful revisions. You gain mention in the book as a key reviewer, not bad for a business resume. I want everyone to win and gain. To me the number one factor in reviewer selection is not experience, but sincere desire. Hope that explains it.

Believe me, I refuse to rip people off. That is why that final price will be $27.00 for Amazon publishing and not $97.00. I am considering making the the DP member pre-release for $5.00 or a coffee donation. Other sincere people from a poorer country, will simply email me "2poor2pay", along with minor country proof. Their cost will be Free. This is my way of giving back. You might find out that in this area, I do know what I am talking about. Your choice, take it or leave it - no charge, just a commitment. Hope this clarifies.

I do want to compliment Perry Rose, as he has shared some valuable professional resources. If you take mine, Perry's, and others' assistance, there is good reason that you can carve your niche at the top. It appears you have the determination to zoom ahead. Thanks!

dyadvisor, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  14. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for the help. Could you please follow up with me on my email?

Thanks again.

IoWn3rU, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  15. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    It has been sent. I will also be showing how you can get 1,000 (or more) Business people asking you to connect with them in 30 days. This will be a bonus supplement in my beta "Articles, Maximizing the Power of One" presented in the Digital Forum as a special offer to members. Being a reviewer, you will see the details earlier.

Compliment to you, iNET SEO. You also have some thoughtful ideas you shared.

dyadvisor, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  16. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, dyadvisor.

Appreciate it.

Odd, you are thanking me and the others, but he isn't.

I guess he is afraid of work.

*rolls eyes*

Perry Rose, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  17. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    Me? I've thanked people throughout the thread man, what are you talking about?

EDIT: My bad! I didn't even see you had a post here :|

IoWn3rU, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  18. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    lol does not matter.

I'm use to the lame, half-baked posters here.

Perry Rose, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  19. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start your own websites, write for yourself. If you have not heard of it, use the "bum marketing method" and make yourself your own boss.

One tip :
    Make sure your site can be read by a mobile device. Good luck !

Blue Star Ent., Apr 29, 2010 IP
  20. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not baked...

I'll look up the bum marketing method Blue Star. Thanks for the tip.

IoWn3rU, Apr 29, 2010 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.