1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where are educated health writers?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by boron, Nov 3, 2008.

I'm looking for a health writer with medical background (health worker).

Where to look? Is there any reliable site offering educated, serious health writers to write thorough in-depth health articles?

I've quickly checked Wordworker.com and Copywritersboard.com .

P.S. Health forums, blogs, -lance sites..I know.

boron, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  2. Nicholas Yong

Nicholas Yong Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello -

Don't know of a specific site - however, serious health writers are all located in the journals of your particular health specialties.

Take a look at the trade journal(s), see who's writing and send them a letter/e-mail should their message/research pertain to what you want.

And the scary thing is - most likely you'll be able to get a skilled writer who wants ACADEMIC CREDIT more than compensation!

To Your Success

Nicholas Yong, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  3. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't checked the health section, but you can find serious writers organized by their specialties at www.ewritersworld.com.

GL!

internetauthor, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  4. boron

boron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GL, yes. Not a crowded site, so I'm about signing up ;) .

boron, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Try looking at networks - anything like the more general About.com to health-specific sites / online publications. See who's writing articles in your specific niche. They're generally pretty well-qualified if you go with bigger sites, and many will happily take on more freelance projects. As long as your budget can account for someone really qualified in this field (not often cheap), that's a good way to go about finding them.

jhmattern, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  6. boron

boron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, just contact them there? Content on about.com , health.yahoo.com can be quite decent, must say.

I myself am a health writer, started with 5c/post in some forums, then got work on some health blogs.

So, where health writers go after blogs? Online magazines? I don't want health "stories" though, but pure useful health care content.

boron, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  7. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    When I used to work for About, I'd get contacted, and I know many other guides there have as well. They should have a contact link or something on their sites.

As for where, sure, online magazines are somewhere they can go, or hospital sites, or sites for doctors or health-related non-profit organizations. Anywhere you might find authoritative health content would be a good place for health writers to be.

8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you are happy with pre-written content, I can offer quality health articles.

dcristo, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  9. boron

boron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @dcristo
    PMed you

@jhmattern
    What are requirements to be accepted on About.com as a health writer (so, if I have medical faculty, but I'm "only" an online health writer and not an active physician - do I have any chances, if I show them some well researched articles?) Also, if no secret - how much they pay per word (range...) - at least to know what their writers might expect.

boron, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  10. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Boron, just send you a PM!

Sherlock, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  11. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    boron, I left About back in '05, and I know from other current and former health guides there that they changed their hiring process quite a bit in that "channel." So I really can't give specifics. However, if you visit their site, there should be a link called "be a guide" or something somewhere (used to be at the very bottom). Click that, and then click there for available topics. When you click on one of the topics where they're looking for a guide, it should tell you exactly what credentials they want for that topic.

12. outspan

outspan Active Member

Best Answers:
    outspan, Nov 5, 2008 IP
    boron likes this.
  13. michaelgrisso

michaelgrisso Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    hopefully you found it by now, but if not you might want to try Need An Article dot net. I don't think I am able to do links yet which is why it's spelled out here, but they have about 100 writers over there with various knowledge.

Good Luck!

michaelgrisso, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  14. boron

boron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Suite101 looks serious. And of course I've found my first writer (in testing mode now) - on DP.

boron, Nov 6, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  15. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a difficult thing to find simply because healthcare is such a busy field of work. I've got a specialty in healthcare, so I usually call a client.

I have a lot of articles on my sportsmedinfo.net site written by healthcare experts but it takes a while to get them. So often, I write them and have them edit and look over the content for accuracy which is much faster while still being accurate. Fortunately, I have a background in writing healthcare copy so that helps. So you could write an article and tell a healthcare pro that you will give them a link and credit for editing the content. You could also write an article and interview a health professional and pitch it to magazines. Most doctors like being published and referred to as pros in their field.

I have found that PT (personal trainers) can and do write and they are often good at many subjects related to personal training aspects muscle building and more sports med. If you're looking for articles on heart surgery, that would not be a good resource.

Craigslist?

webgal, Nov 7, 2008 IP