1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When you don't think a site will accept your link exchange

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Janet, Apr 9, 2006.

send out the request anyway. :)

Never fails, when I find a quality site that I think will never agree to an exchange, many times I am pleasantly surprised. I was debating sending a request out last night, but finally did. First thing this morning I got an email thanking me for the offer and letting me know that my link has been added.

Lesson of the day: When in doubt, send it out! :D It only takes a few minutes of your time.

Janet, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  2. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice. I will make a point of trying it more often.

CanadianEh, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are these sites that don't advertise link exchanges?

I've had so many spam emails from people who haven't bothered to submit their sites, often are direct competitors or totally unrelated that I no longer read the emails.

So you have a 100% uptake rate? You must write some good emails... care to give us an example?

sarahk, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  4. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    you gotta personalize the emails a bit
    say something good about there site or something yaknow?
    alot of the time they reply with something like "thanks, you got some nice info on your site too blah blah etc.."
    i get alot of spam link exchange emails that you can tell are just copy/paste mass emails

munt, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  5. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    No, not everyone I email accepts the exchange. I probably should not have used the term "never fails", but I was just trying to make a point.

Anyway, the sites I email are not advertising an exchange on any type of link exchange website if that is what you mean since I don't use any of these websites. I use the 100% manual method. :D But, a lot of them do have link exchange info on their site. I just find the sites and then see if they have any type of links page. If they do, I check their site out further to see if they are someone I would be interested in exchanging links with as far as relevant content, good PR, decent number of backlinks to show they are out promoting their site, make sure they are indexed in google, etc. Then, I send out a very personal email and tailor it to each specific website. It would be hard to give an example since they are mostly different, but basically I compliment the content on their site and then I explain how both of our sites and our sites visitors would benefit from a mutual exchange.

It takes time doing this, but I only send requests out to quality sites that I really would like to exchange links with so it is not like I am sending out hundreds of them. I believe in quality over quantity. :)

When they receive my email there is no question that what they are receiving is not spam since it is personalized. Hope this helps.

Janet, Apr 9, 2006 IP