1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When will Myspace be dead?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sbongo, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mMspace is loosing dfferent demographics but, teens are moving on to different sites yet they still keep their accounts semi-active.

Myspace is moving towards a more mature audience, and stat show this, myspace was the in thing 14-18 months ago now its just something every one "has".

Yet "Will myspace be dead?" you ask? thats just like saying will google "be dead"...myspace has way to much content and a huge user base to just die overnight or die in a months time, similar sites never reached a user peak and promotion base that myspace has acquired, sure other were close but no one has seen the same extent of promo/users as myspace.

Connections, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  2. baby_voice_gurl

baby_voice_gurl Guest

Best Answers:
    actually myspace does add new things like voice comments... myspace is gonna last a while unlike Xanga and YearBook(u got friends) and hi5 and others!!

baby_voice_gurl, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Myspace is really SLOW though... I mean really SLOW...

Mia, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  4. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've not read this whole post, because its massive :)

I just want to give my answer to the first question.

I think MySpace will die sooner then most people think. All it will take is somthing that offers the features that myspace doesnt -- easy to use themes (built in, without code), better layout, etc.

I see myspace as the new "geocities", just like GC was massive then, Myspace is now, but most people dont bother with GC now.

Anyway, cheers.

itsall3, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  5. NouvativePR

NouvativePR Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does have a $500+million interest in Myspace, so I say... it lives!

NouvativePR, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  6. Flez

Flez Guest

Best Answers:
    When the next fad is created...

Xanga > Myspace > Next fad

Flez, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  7. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    This kinda made me laugh. Think about all the types of sites out there in the world... think about myspace now.. WHAT on gods green earth arnt they covering. I gues sports section would be nice lol ... music, profiles, networking, groups, blogs, forums, classifieds, comedians, movies, and much more ... WHAT COULD POSSIBLY come out that will have more to offer than myspace? you would need to copy everythig myspace has done.. put ur own twist on it to make it SEEM like improvments and then come up with one idea that no one else has thought about or done... that sounds easy right?? think baout how much money myspace has put into making what they already have.. think about how much money it ould take to make a site that EXCEEDS myspace right away... because if the site did not have better features right away it will be an infirior site and kids will shy away from it... just like mycrib and other wanna be myspace sites... FACT... myspace wont be a geocities site because geocities was NEVER at a level like this ... you say that myspace is going into a more mature audiance.. thats because all the KIDS who had mysapce 4 years ago ARE 4 YEARS OLDER ... meaning myspace has a user base that is loyal to the site and will be using it as long as they can... in 4 years the yunger generation will becom the mature genration as my genteration of mysapce users are now... DIE? wont... catastrophic mistake will be the end of myspace.... maybe the iceage or the "Ring of Fire" erupts.. that could stop myspace... its a thought

fbitalian11, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  8. horvath

horvath Banned

Best Answers:
    i think pretty soon. its too slow and boggy and facebook its coomin up on its tail fast

horvath, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  9. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not what they are covering, its the site itself. Anyway, doing everything doesnt mean doing everything well.

Geocities was never as big as myspace is now? i guess your right -- but it depends how you look at it. me and all my mates had a geocities site, alot of mates who never continued with the web after college still use geocities for hosting lol. None of us have a myspace site, except me, who only uses it as advertising.

Somthing will beat myspace eventually, saying it will never be beaten is impossible. To be unstopable, it would need people/companies/users who depended on it. -- Like Windows. Microsoft will always be the no.1 OS, because soo many companies make their software for it (like a game). the people want the game/software, so they have to use windows.

Friends reunited was a massive hit in the uk, everyone had an account, but not as many people use it now.

I still think something "like" myspace could be made, that lets users customise their sites easier, or offers somthing slightly better and it could be beaten.

Maybe im wrong lol, but its just what i think, you dont have to agree. :p

itsall3, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  10. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the competition is strong enough myspace could loose some visitors but I dont think it will ever disappear simply because too many people know about it

iul, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  11. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    companies that own the myspace cell fone helix or halo or whatever it is with myspace moble, fox, corperations that rely on myspace advertising, all major record/music companies, and 100million users depend on it......................... yet again another point well taken ;)

12. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You missed my point there. They dont depend on myspace, they are using it to advertise while it's popular. It's not the same as if Windows was pulled, and all the companies that write software for it would have to change and re-write their code.

I like this quote i found:

Wasnt myspace about years before this craze? it was used for bands to setup thier own sites i think. Thats why i think its a passing fad. - and i read somewhere that alot of the sites arent even used on there anymore.

I think your a bit of a myspace fan fbitalian11 :) (It's ok, i back nintendo over any other console makers ;))

I've got to admit for some reason i have somthing against myspace, it could just be jealousy, or it could be the first time i tried it that it was so hard to damn used and just utter crap i didnt like it. It could be true what they say, that people over 25 just dont get it ;)

itsall3, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  13. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    a lot of these companies do depend on myspace tho... you even know how many artists are being signed because they put up a few tracks and a picture?? record lables are cashing in on new talent that they would have NEVER seen before. these cell fone companies are making fones SPECIALLY for myspace users... without myspace the phone does not exist... even in the commercial their main point is that its not JUST a cell fone "it has myspace mobile" ... it will grow from there soon enuff they will partner up with another huge company to make..................maybe a car... who knows... but fact is that the market is sooo huge and so broad that there is soo much room for all types of businesses to get up in the mix.... i didnt miss the point i expanded on it

itsall3 likes this.
  14. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    we cant PM you cuz u have chosen not to recieve private messages lol.... sooo PM me?

fbitalian11, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  15. soccerfriend

soccerfriend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they will not be dead for a very long time.. they are going wireless so no chance to outech them.. and to outadvertise also since media company owns it

soccerfriend, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  16. DUTCH101

DUTCH101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    myspace wouldn't die

DUTCH101, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  17. AstonVilla

AstonVilla Peon

Best Answers:

If you ask me Bebo is probably the worst social networking site out there,in fact $10 scripts are better !

AstonVilla, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  18. AstonVilla

AstonVilla Peon

Best Answers:
    faceparty when tits up when it started charging for features !

AstonVilla, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  19. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    my space will go long long,many countries members still don't know myspace so they will still be signing up.

010081, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  20. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, Bebo is not that bad, just really sucks that it's a closed system.

hextraordinary, Jan 17, 2007 IP
    FireStorM likes this.