1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When will Myspace be dead?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sbongo, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Brilliances

Brilliances Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rupert Murdoch has just given a shareholder briefing and said that MySpace is growing at 2 million user... a WEEK!. He said they're targetting the under 35 market and obviously they're not dying anytime soon.

Personally, I don't have a facebook account, but it sounds similar to my Multiply account. I think get unlimited photo & video space on there too.

Brilliances, Nov 16, 2006 IP
    chaoward likes this.
  2. scribby

scribby Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think MySpace will continue to grow, the growth will slow down but it will still be around and popular.

scribby, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  3. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. Unfortunately, MySpace is starting to become a dictionary word just like "google" is.

drewbe121212, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Isn't it already?

Mia, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  5. Martyn

Martyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt myspace will ever die. As long as they keep improving it and being creative im sure it will go on for a very long time. People in general love to be in contact with new, differant people all the time. Im sure all of you have visited chat rooms etc.. As long as they keep developeing myspace.. i doubt it will run out of steam anytime in the near future.

Martyn, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  6. VictorCharlie

VictorCharlie Peon

Best Answers:
    Drag and drop doesn't mean much to most people. It can annoy and confuse many.

VictorCharlie, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  7. articleguy

articleguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I really doubt Rupert Murdoch will allow MySpace to falter.

articleguy, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  8. rezx

rezx Peon

Best Answers:
    We havent yet seen any significant plunging of major websites. Maybe because internet business is quite new..effectively growing only since a decade...I dont know :D

rezx, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  9. Cutting Edge

Cutting Edge Guest

Best Answers:
    netsinteractive is spot on about the rate MySpace seems to load at. It's unbelievably slow most of the time. I personally think that the MySpace 'boom' will be gone within a year and it will be old news, but certainly still have a solid userbase which they'll most likely keep. Everybody thought FaceParty would be crushed when MySpace came along but they're still surviving.

Cutting Edge, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Myspace is without a doubt the slowest site on the web.

Mia, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  11. gingeman

gingeman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think soon enough all the "real" users on myspace will realise there's actually bugg3r-all on there apart from a load of desperate emo's and sweaty teenage males expecting sex from models (who probably don't even know their picture is on there) if they send them a cute enough glittery picture... For me, its all hype and very little content at the moment- me and my mates used to use the bulletins cos its easier (and cheaper) to send a bulletin than a text to organise something with your friends, but now there is so much spam I can't be bothered.

Myspace needs to evolve, as I only have a very short attention sp.....

gingeman, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  12. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I remember a few years ago when Friendster was going to be HUGE!!

Camus, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  13. rezx

rezx Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think myspace.com is slow anymore mates -- maybe they upgraded -- recently I have seen their website load in a flash. Its not a problem for myspace guyz to buy bandwidth...cmpared to the amount of revenue they are making.

rezx, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  14. theleafer

theleafer Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace will keep on trucking for a few reasons IMHO,

A) they have the money behind it to improve the site
    B) they were basically first to market and that is huge...when ya think of auctioning your mothers slippers...ya think EBAY...myspace has that same grip on the population.
    C) webmasters are always and will always figure a way to make use of the huge market that is myspace

theleafer, Nov 23, 2006 IP
    chaoward likes this.
  15. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    considering how alexa has myspace at 60% slower than all the other sites i dont see how you can say that it is most definatly the slowest site on the net... i say... get cable or some type of high speed internet and get over it .. stop making it a reason why mysapce will die within the next year beacuse its really a bad fight.. myspace is faster than what it was about a year ago.. now you see it on TV and movies... guys.. its not going anywhere... there are new 14 year olds everyday and they are alllll getting into the craze if they arnt into it already...

fbitalian11, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  16. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    I have stopped using myspace and bebo. They both suck. Social networking is like giving your credit card details to a drug dealer....

Rob

Robert Allen, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  17. chaoward

chaoward Peon

Best Answers:
    :confused:

Um, not quite. You do have the ability to choose what information you want to display about yourself. Nobody can do anything with your personal information unless you're dumb enough to release it. Some people who are concerned about privacy just upload some dumb picture, like Wario or something, and lie about their location ;)

chaoward, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  18. AgileHosting

AgileHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I can't stand MySpace... the horrible layouts + forced sound files drive me NUTS...

...but, that's just me. I realize I am merely one small cog in a demographic segment. Who I am to judge whether these perceived drawbacks are enough to seriously hurt MySpace's popularity or growth? If they have obviously continued to flourish despite themselves to this point ;) well, it tells me the things that drive me nuts about the site, don't drive that many other people sufficiently nuts to keep them from spending time there...

Personally, I much prefer blogs. At least we have the wide range of choices to fulfill our interests.

:D Bailey

AgileHosting, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  19. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to disagree with you on this one. While it is not the "standard" for alot of web programs, it is a good basis for operating system applications. Drag and drop is used on almost 80-90% of the OS applications.

People just aren't use to this on the web (and I can see where that would be confusing). But they will learn; they always do :)

drewbe121212, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  20. dberube

dberube Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never, so much content on it.

dberube, Nov 26, 2006 IP