1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When is my site public at DMOZ.org?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by juan andrés, Jan 14, 2006.

I've send it one month ago. But if i want for my site, there is not public.
    And DMOZ don't send me nothing, no error or some... :eek:

juan andrés, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A DMOZ listing can take days to years, and may never be accepted. A month is not considered very long in DMOZ time. It is unlikely you will receive anything from them one way or the other. DMOZ likes original content and their rejection rate is fairly high. All you can do is submit, wait and hope. Do not resubmit your site - at least not before a year has passed.

mjewel, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  3. Invent-Soft

Invent-Soft Guest

Best Answers:

Hello, I am a internet-manager(contact@invent-soft.com) of Invent-Soft - Offshore Software Development Outsourcing Company. I also have been waiting almost 3 months and without any result. It's a pity but I intend to write to my subcategory in DMOZ editor. Perhaps it will help. Advise to do the same. Good luck!

Invent-Soft, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  4. shadow575

shadow575 Peon

Best Answers:
    3 months in the realm of dmoz isn't very long at all, and as mjewel stated above no site is guaranteed inclusion nor is there any guarantee of when a review will take place.

You are free to do that but I should point out a couple of facts:
    1. Don't be to surprised never to receive a response. Editors generally won't respond to feedback regarding a specific category or site and are discouraged from doing so. In our experience there isn't much good that could come from responding and in most cases the communication turns very negative.
    2. An editor of a "sub-cat" may not even have permissions in the higher level so then they wouldn't be able to answer any questions anyway.
    3. Named editors aren't always the most active areas in the category. Often time an editor is accepted as a category editor, works there for a while and takes on other categories that require more attention. If that is a particularly interesting category they may leave themselves named in order to still edit there when time permits but other editors (not named) may be doing the bulk of the work at the moment.

Hope that helps clarify a bit more.

shadow575, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  5. ImBae.net

ImBae.net Guest

Best Answers:
    submit to DMOZ and just forget about it

ImBae.net, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  6. DediZone

DediZone Peon

Best Answers:
    yep as you may never be included

DediZone, Jan 21, 2006 IP