1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When is it the right time to ask for Staff??

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Forum Topsite, Mar 25, 2012.

Not sure if its me but i've seen a whole load of newbie forums pop up in different admin forums asking for staff from Maderators to Admins, Most of the new sites are pratically empty with no members and very little post, so that got me thinking are they recuiting staff or members??I was always under the impression that staff were there to moderate and control members and post, seems to be a turnaround now with more newbie sites asking for staff when they are not even established.

Secondly the thing that i can't get my head around is why boards don't recruit from within?? Surely there has to be some member worthy of mod status, some who already knows the boards, its post and members.perhaps i've got the whole idea wrong, is there a new method happening here that i don't know about?

Forum Topsite, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  2. Econox

Econox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen this happened a bunch of times before, and I think it's just a way for users to get new members to register and post around by making them staff. At least that's what it seems like to me when a bunch of new staff members come and go.

I guess the right time to ask for staff is when you really are having trouble managing things on your own. If you can handle things fine, then there's not much point in recruiting staff.

Econox, Mar 27, 2012 IP
    wco and EvoWRZ® like this.
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Usually you get to a point where active members approach you to help moderate the forum.

dcristo, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  4. HostOwnage

HostOwnage Peon

Best Answers:
    It varies, if you award staff they are more prone to become active on your forum. But, they might be unprofessional while staff so that might affect how users see your site. From what I have seen, most sites post an application with certain requirements.

HostOwnage, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  5. Forum Topsite

Forum Topsite Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess if these forum admins spent their engeries in getting members as opposed to trying to fill there forums up with staff, then at least they would have a better forum

Forum Topsite, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  6. River J

River J Member

Best Answers:
    The time to ask for staff, never. You should never have to ask for it. If you're making an attempt and deserve it you'll get it. Also, don't mind those little sites that have 20 members and 5 staff members. They fail 100% of the time, usually are also run by kids who can't get staff on a real forum.

River J, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  7. tiffanywilliams12i2

tiffanywilliams12i2 Peon

Best Answers:
    when you realize you need help

tiffanywilliams12i2, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  8. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your forum is starting to die off a little and get stale you can hire staff to create consistent content articles to help your site get back up to the top.

MarTh-, May 20, 2012 IP
    wco likes this.
  9. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A forum would have to be quite big to even consider hiring even one person. Plus even a mild spam attack can be handled by one person. You simply ban the spammer's IP.

jasontn, Nov 14, 2016 IP
    wco likes this.