1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When I create new article it gives ID 0 and can't edit it anymore

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by albpower, May 22, 2014.

Hello, I installed J.3.3 fresh installation and transfered joomla content and categories MySQL tables from the old one which is in J2.5. From the Extenstions Manager > Databases I fixed the problems with the table and all seems to work fine. But recently I have one problem when I create new article and publish it is published successfully in the front page. But from Content manager the ID is 0 and when I try to edit it it gives me New article window.

I tried changing manually from the phpmyadmin the article ID then it solved the problem the content was there and I was able to edit it. But I dont know where is the problem with creating new articles and getting ID 0...

Can I get any help please??

albpower, May 22, 2014 IP
  2. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why you did this when there is simple procedure to migrate from 2.5.x to 3.3 version?

rgblogs, May 23, 2014 IP
  3. albpower

albpower Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did it when it was released J3.0 or 3.2 I dont remember exactly... How can I migrate 2.5.x to 3.3 and I have worked a lot on the design of this site including modules,template etc.. is there anyway to transfer only the articles and categories from the old one to the new one??

albpower, May 23, 2014 IP
  4. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can remove anything you don't want to transfer from old website.

PM me your website then I can help you better. I hope you have a backup of old website.

rgblogs, May 23, 2014 IP
  5. albpower

albpower Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I added jos_content MySQL table from fresh installed Joomla 3.3 and now its good with creating new articles,IDs showing correctly and I am able to edit. But how I can transfer the old content articles from the old site in Joomla 2.5

albpower, May 23, 2014 IP
  6. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot transfer articles by copying tables from database.

You need to upgrade your Joomla using Update Manager extension. That way Joomla automatically updates to latest version with all the articles and categories.

rgblogs, May 23, 2014 IP
  7. albpower

albpower Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hmm I guess I need to apply template,modules,components all from the stat :( ... ? If it is any way to solve this faster or if I get stuck somewhere can you help me ?

albpower, May 24, 2014 IP