1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When I asked my Muslim friend: Why do you hate the Jews?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Lemon116, Jul 15, 2008.

An analysis of the roots of Muslim hatred towards Jews in the Islamic world and possible solution...

Link

Its a cool read :)

Lemon116, Jul 15, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    this is the silliest thing I read in a while, first the title is so misleading and assume that Muslims hate Jews, and then try to understand why they hate Jews, while actually Muslims do not hate Jews and testimonies from history are many provided by Jews themselves in many occasions.

but this does not mean there were a mix sometimes, between Jews and Zionists, caused by the slogans which Zionists raised like "a land without people to a people without a land" and "a homeland for Jews"...

this evil project of stealing Palestine, is a Zionist project, not a Jewish project, there are many Jews who are against Israel, since its establishment till these days, those are the real Jews who are still faithful to Torah teachings, and who are also a victim of this fake state cos people were watching Israel's crime, and above these crimes they see the slogan they raised "a homeland for Jews"

imad, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Hey Imad, aren't you the fellow who said that there can be no peace as long as Israel is allowed to exist?

Will.Spencer, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ, it is interesting reading. Title wise may be misleading but the contents are interesting. Wonder can you verify are the contents really in the Koran?

wisdomtool, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The Skeptic's Annotated Quaran is pretty handy for tasks like that.

6. Lemon116

Lemon116 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heh imad, dont take it personal.

As an anti-zionist can you vote your opinion about:
    "If Israel is killing arabs, why do millions of arabs still live and work in Israel and arent running away to Gaza or west bank?"

"If Israel is killing arabs, why do tens of thousands arabs (who live in gaza and west bank) go to work in Israel everyday?"

Lemon116, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

And with so much of the world dominated by Islam, why is it that Israel is the only place these people can find jobs?

Look at the Jewish homeland -- it's a tiny speck on the map. It's so tiny that you can barely see it. It's completely surrounded by countries whose cultures and economies are dominated by Islamic law.

And yet those people travel to Israel -- to work and live in relative safety.

Heck, when Samir Kuntar and some of his Islamist friends snuck into Israel, dragged innocent people from their homes, and beat them to death -- including a little 4 year old girl -- the Israeli's allowed him to marry in prison and gave his new wife a monthly stipend from the Israeli government because she was the wife of a prisoner. They also paid for Kuntar to get a college degree -- all because he and some friends decided to sneak into Israel to murder some non-Muslims.

8. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    The Zionist project is racist.

Not all Jews are Zionists.

webwork, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  9. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry I won't differ, but I will gladly give you some information about these Sura's, despite I know for a fact, that you yourself can find a lot about them online when you get rid a little of your ill intentions:

firstly, the person who wrote the article or ebook, looks like debating, and wants desperately to show that he made a victory by only showing some verses in Quran to a Muslim, and from his descriptions it looks like that Muslim was shocked as if its the first time Muslim hear these verses, and that they are not reading Quran daily,

the first 3 verses quoted there says:

and the author comments on them as no Muslim ever heard about them before, let me make something clear, here, that God has no chosen people, in the disgusting sense understood by the author, God is not racist, and this is clear in Sura 49 verse 13:

somebody now might say, but its in Quran! Quran says they are chosen, yes, this is true that Quran says they are chosen, but they are chosen for a mission, which is described in:

more can be read about these verses (which can be found easily with a simple search online) here

from which i'd like to quote:

i will continue about the other verses tomorrow as its too late here now...

imad, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  10. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Be careful that you are not falling into a propaganda trap here.

Zionism is a complex set of philosophies and beliefs.

Most Israeli's support the existence of the State of Israel. That would technically make them Zionists under most definitions.

But, most Israeli's are not racists.

Those two data points pretty effectively point out major issues with your statement.

In addition, of course, there are Arab (and Muslim) citizens of Israel, members of the Israeli Defense Forces, and members of the Israeli government. One of Israel's Supreme Court Judges is a Palestinian Arab. Major General Hussain Fares and Major General Yosef Mishlav of the IDF are both Arabs. Raleb Majadele is an Arab Muslim Israeli and a member of the Israeli cabinet. And, of course, there have always been Arab members of the Israeli Knesset.

Israel is the most effective non-racist and multi-cultural society in the region.

Compare the success of the Arabs in Israel with the constant "honor killings" in their neighboring countries.

Statements like this are normally used by Islamists. They have a small group of Jews who belong to a doomsday cult whom they parade around as "anti-Zionists." The members of this cult believe that Jews must be punished until God comes to save them. The more punishment they get, the nearer God is to coming. The Islamists are more than happy to provide the punishment. Their views are hardly typical of members of any large group. Over time, suicidal groups tend to be a self-resolving problem.

11. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the clarifications, but I do not think I have any ill intentions rather than to have what the OP said confirmed.

If I am here with a malice, I would just take the OP perspective as the correct one and ignore any other perspective. My request for clarifications is to seek the differing perspective before believing or discounting what the OP had said.

wisdomtool, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are correct. Many Jews, including many American Jews do not believe in Zionism, and do not support the far right agenda of the Israeli government.

If you would like to see what real American Jews think of Zionism, make sure you read

Philip Weiss
    http://www.philipweiss.org/

and follow J Street, which is the new American Jewish lobby, which is meant to present the opposing point of view of AIPAC, which is pretty creepy, as Phil documents here in the American Conservative.

Looking Into the Lobby
    The American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s annual conference is one of Washington’s most important—and least reported—events.

So when people try to tell you all Jews subscribe to Zionism, or all Jews are pro-Israel's policy, that's silly. If one reads Ha'aretz daily, you see that Israelis are much more comfortable criticizing their government, that if done here, would bring cries of Islamist, racist, antisemite. I don't think many Americans have a damn clue about Israel.

A lot of neocons try to promote a far right extremist Israeli policy as what "all Jews want and support". A tiny bit of investigation shows that to be totally false.

guerilla, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  13. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    guerilla:

You are attempting to argue that Haaretz, a newspaper in Israel, and it's Israeli readers are anti-Zionist?

Let's think for a moment...

Zionism is an international political movement that originally supported the reestablishment of a homeland for the Jewish People in Palestine (Hebrew: Eretz Yisra'el, “the Land of Israel”), and continues primarily as support for the modern state of Israel.​

Zionism is support for the State of Israel.

Anti-Zionism is a call for the destruction of the State of Israel.

Do you really believe that the citizens of Israel -- Haaretz and it's readers -- are seeking the destruction of their own homeland?

14. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will u also forgot to mention that there are lebanese druze muslims in the israeli army.

pingpong123, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  15. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Against my better judgement (and out of boredom) I will add my opinions.

1. The way in which Israel was created in the 60's was illegal according to international treaties and should not have happened.
    2. It did anyway.
    3. To my knowledge Palestine has never behaved or functioned as a true Nation. It has always been divided by different factions only one of which, and arguably the weekest faction, has actually worked to make it a functioning country.
    4. Israel is now a nation and has been recognized as such for some time, to call for it's destruction is a day late and a dollar short, and is just as wrong as the way in which it was created in the first place, and probably much more so.
    5. To me Zionism goes far beyond the establishment and protection of a Jewish homeland when it seeks to establish this homeland as promised from God to a specific group of people. This belief takes Israel to be capable of no wrong and anything it does as being sanctioned by God.
    6. For an Israeli to want to protect and honor their homeland is not wrong.
    7. You don't have to be Jewish to be Zionist or an Israeli so these three things should not be confused as being the same thing, which they often are by many people.
    8. People are basically just people, no one wants missiles launched into their backyard or their children to be in fear of random attack. When you focus on peoples commonality instead of differences, peace is possible.
    9. I support a one state solution, I would call it Earthfazeland. It beats the hell out of either of the names these two places have chosen for themselves in my opinion.
    10. So far UAE is my favorite Middle Eastern nation.

earthfaze, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  16. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No Will. That is not what I wrote. I recommend you re-read my post. If comprehension continues to be a problem, I'm sure that a 10 year old could explain it for you.

guerilla, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  17. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Yet another reason why the state of Zion is racist and completely ridiculous.

webwork, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is true also. Israel is a multi-racial and multi-cultural success story.

The state of Israel consists of Jews, Arabs, and people of many other races. It consists of people of many faiths: Jews, Muslims, Druze, Atheists, Christians, and many more.

Israel is the only real functioning Democracy in the region. It's not coincidental that it is also the only country in the region which is making significant contributions to global scientific research. It's also the best nation in the region in terms of respect for human rights.

It's people have a life expectancy of 80.61 years. Compare that with Syria (70.9), Iran (70.86), Egypt (71.85), or even Saudi Arabia (76.09). Apparently not hanging women and children in the streets leads to a longer life expectancy for everyone.

As an Arab Muslim, you are probably safer in Israel than you are in most of the Islamic dominated world. Look at the massive Muslim-on-Muslim violence across the globe. The Muslim-Jew violence is a tiny side story in comparison.

Will.Spencer, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  19. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Before the modern state of Israel was established there was already great hatred of the Jews in the British mandate of Palestine Trans-Jordan.

"In the 1929 Hebron massacre, Arabs killed 67 Jews and wounded 60, and Jewish homes and synagogues were ransacked. Two years later, 35 families moved back into the ruins of the Jewish quarter, but after further riots, the British Government decided to move all Jews out of Hebron "to prevent another massacre". Hebron remained as a part of the British Mandate of Palestine until 1948."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebron

bogart, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    It is ridiculous of people to blame the victims of these horrible crimes -- only the perpetrators are to blame.

Take a look at these bombings:What do these terrorist acts have in common with the terrorist attacks in Israel? -- Islam.

What do these terrorist acts not have in common with the terrorist attacks in Israel? -- Jews.

Jews are not necessary for Islamic terrorism. In fact, they are inconsequential to it. Hell, most Islamic terrorism is committed on other Muslims.

The Jews are just a convenient scapegoat for people who are not willing to see the truth.

Will.Spencer, Jul 17, 2008 IP