1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When Froogle results make it to the Google SERPs

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by chachi, May 25, 2004.

Anyone have any idea when the Froogle results make it to the Google SERP's? It appears to me that when there are 2 or more sites in the Froogle index that sell a particular product, then they make it to the Google SERPs. Anyone have any other info?

chachi, May 25, 2004 IP
  2. respree

respree Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will.

I've been using Froogle since they launched their BETA a year and a half ago. These results do not feed to the Google SERPs (I wish they did, though). The opposite is not true, however. If your pages are listed in Google, they will be picked up by Froogle, although I would recommend using the Froogle Feed.

respree, May 26, 2004 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Hi,

presently not to my knowledge. But a while back I saw some beta together with localisation.
    Nice thing presently if you enter a search than click froogle it uses the entry like it does on news.

It'll probably be along the lines of news when you key in big hitters like asthma cholesterol, etc.
    M

expat, May 26, 2004 IP
  4. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I think chachi it talking about what makes the Froogle results appear in the SERPs. Like when you search for "wireless router" there is a shopping bag with 3 results above the actual organic search results, which are from Froogle.

I am not sure what makes them appear or not appear, but I would guess your theory is a good one. It makes sense for Google to display it only when there are competition (more than 2).

- Sean

Such Great Heights, May 26, 2004 IP
  5. expat

Best Answers:
    hi just double checked and yes it does (sorry)
    It must be more than 240 and less than 335 confirmed in Froogle so my guess is 300 from the following quick test.
    steam cooker (240) no show
    pressure cooker (335) shows

cheers
    M

expat, May 26, 2004 IP
  6. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    well you've made me more interested in exactly when Google will display the Froogle results.

I searched martini glass in Froogle and get "370 confirmed / 110,000 total results for martini glass"
    But when you search martini glass in Google, there are no Froogle results shown.

Are you looking at the 370 "confirmed" number right?
    Just so we are using the same figures.

-----added later-----
    I also searched "gucci purse" and got "43 confirmed / 470 total results for gucci purse" and that does show up in the Google SERP at the top labeled as Froogle results.

Such Great Heights, May 26, 2004 IP
  7. expat

Best Answers:
    yes I was looking at confirmed - no way of checking actual feeds which maybe what is used - as 300 confirmed from 10 sites still isn't competitive....

It may still be pot luck?
    M

expat, May 26, 2004 IP
  8. respree

respree Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for bringing that up, Sean. Sorry, I misunderstood your question, chachi.

I'm not sure of the reason, but it does not appear to depend on the number of products indexed in Froogle for the Google (top 3 to appear).

For example, this Froogle query produces many results
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=art+posters

However, the same query in Google does not show the top 3 Froogle results.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=art+posters

respree, May 26, 2004 IP
  9. EConcepts

EConcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    For randomly chosen keywords, up to three Froogle product listings will appear on Google’s search result listings. Froogle listings are placed at the top of the Google search results page typically below the Google Adwords Paid Listings or at the very top if no Adwords exist. The Froogle listings are under a heading titled, “Product Search Results for [keyword]”.

The top three positions in Froogle are prime real estate. For keywords randomly selected by Google, the top three positions in Froogle gain access to Google search and appear in Google’s Product Search Results.

-- Eric

EConcepts, Oct 21, 2004 IP