1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When does PR update?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Helge Sverre, Jul 28, 2013.

1. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Sure it helps a lot - after all, backlinks (and their authority) is a great ranking factor today. However, OP was asking about their own PR update, which doesn't matter if it's 0 or 5, because simply pagerank has no effect on how the site will perform. I know these two tend to go pretty much hand in hand, unless you have spammed to death high PR links, but you get the point.

SliceOfLife, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  2. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every 3 months PR were updating but this year a change has come may be august next update i guess discussion is going on all the forums just need to sit and wait for the update

shaamblaze, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  3. Corestratagems

Corestratagems Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you look at other metrics when it comes to getting backlinks like moztrust and PA/DA and as sliceoflife already mentioned, don't worry about your own sites PR. It doesn't mean anything as far as how well you will rank. Google is constantly changing Pagerank behind the scenes, using their own measures. What you are referring to is commonly called TBPR or toolbar pagerank, which is the PR you see publicly. That can generally be updated a few times a year but updates are not consistent anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if Google stops updating TBPR in the future.

Corestratagems, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  4. pretty kour

pretty kour Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PR must update every 3 months...

pretty kour, Jul 29, 2013 IP