1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When do you show your RSS Feed subscriber number on your site?

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by WhoJayBe, Feb 12, 2008.

Everyone has their own set number before they expose that RSS feed number on their sites. I just want to know what everyone's opinion is on it?

I hear a lot of people waiting until it's over 200... but then more recently I hear a bunch of people display it when it's over 50. Then of course, there's those people that display it when it's like 2...

Personally, I say if it's in the triple digits or higher, that's good enough...

What are your takes on it?

WhoJayBe, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  2. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    I now have around 2xx subscribers at my blog, still iam not displaying the number but may be will show up once i cross 500 :)

amitpatel_3001, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  3. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of those trial and error type things and there will never be a correct answer. I think above 75 is good, although I have displayed the number on blogs with 50 subscribers. Below 50 is a definite no for me.

myp, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  4. Crynos

Crynos Peon

Best Answers:
    I think above 200 is usually a good starting point. You want to show off how popular you are, not how unpopular you are.

Crynos, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  5. WhoJayBe

WhoJayBe Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I planned on holding out until I hit the 200 mark but I couldn't resist so I displayed mine. I think I'm around the 160-175 mark right now. I'm just hoping I can continue to get RSS Feed subscribers.

But thanks for the input...

WhoJayBe, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  6. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would display after 200 so people know alot of poeple like the site not 5 or 10 people.

rcj662, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  7. KarloBlogero

KarloBlogero Peon

Best Answers:
    I displayed mine when I reached my 100 subscriber mark. In my niche, a 100+ subscriber is already considered a big readership base. So in the end, it greatly depends on your visitors.

KarloBlogero, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  8. WhoJayBe

WhoJayBe Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Karlo! I've been to your blog a bunch of times through Entrecard... you have some hilarious comics on there! But I'm freakin' struggling to get my RSS Feeds over the 200 mark. I'm still stuck around 170ish... DAMMIT!

WhoJayBe, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  9. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Even with 2000+ uniques daily , my subscribers at http://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/ dont increase and the reason is that 98% traffic is from Google and my subscribers are not much interested in reading my blog :D

amitpatel_3001, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  10. ringwraith

ringwraith Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go for the 500 margin.. But it might be a little hard to wait till then :)

ringwraith, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  11. WhoJayBe

WhoJayBe Peon

Best Answers:
    Amit - yeah, it seems you might want to focus more on the quality visitors and maybe try to give them an incentive to subscribe?

Ring - I wish I could but I know I'll be waiting for quite sometime lol... plus, I don't have the patience to wait that long! Unless it happened within a few weeks :D

WhoJayBe, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  12. arwen54

arwen54 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't display it at all. I don't know, it kind of reminds me of those hit counters back in the day. :rolleyes:

arwen54, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  13. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say as soon as it hits the 3 digit figure, of course every one has personal preference.

yogesh sarkar, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  14. JasonBartholme

JasonBartholme Peon

Best Answers:
    I began displaying my feed count when I hit 100 subscribers. It is possible to give that number a boost by submitting your feed to blog/feed directories. I have a post with an updated list of 45 feed directories. Not only does it boost your count, you will also get a small amount of traffic from some of the directories.

JasonBartholme, Mar 10, 2008 IP