1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When Did You Realize Your Site Was Sliding Over To The Authority Zone?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dscurlock, Dec 26, 2015.

The more you think about it, and keep doing what you think are the right things,
    damn, I have been penalized again. It seems these days newer sites are just
    proned to getting some type of penalty one way or never, then I have run across
    these sites that spread "google" fear, or fear mongering info about google. It
    does not mean it is not true, and with all this info mean flopping around on the
    net with their opinions on what they think google wants to see...

The other day I was on a High DA site that had 70. It was an amazon affiliate
    site, even though he had tons of content, and i would not be surprised if he had
    put 1000's of hours into his site, as some of his content was in the 7k range, and
    that is 7k words on just one page, however, he is an old timer site still using
    software such as dreamweaver to create his site; Even though his design is poor,
    his quality is high, along with his DA of 70. The moral of this story is that his site
    is pumped full of affiliate links from one page to the next....

Now the question: You can not setup a site today loaded with links and expect
    google is going to give you a helping hand, so when did you notice that you site
    was sliding ever closer to google's "authority" safe zone, then you realize you
    did not have to be that google do-gooder that google demands today. From what
    I can tell, once you reach a certain level of "authority" then you can let loose
    somewhat and not fear about what google is doing to do from one day to the next...

after all, how about that "amazon" affiliate site that is stuffed with pure keyword spam, and links
    from one page to the next, however, I think there are only a few people in the world that
    could create content such as his, over 10 years, and 100's or even 1000's of articles (only written by him)

It tells me one thing, google is saying if your content is that good, then
    we are going to let you slide on everything else we oppose, ie spam...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    dscurlock, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  2. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I would type my main keyword into google and have multiple pages listed under my site in the first position.

EPol83, Dec 27, 2015 IP