1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When a site is penalized it lost indexed pages?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by yenerich, Apr 4, 2013.

2 of my sites drop down in some main keywords 10 days ago, but it keeps more or less getting same traffic and same pages indexed (on have 250,000 pages indexed).
    I think that its not penalized, right? A site that is penalized drops indexed pages, right?

It looks like i only drop down in some keywords.
    However i sent a consideration to Google Webmaster tools.

Last year, something similar ocurrs and i fill a Reconsideration and they answer me that my site is was not penalized.

yenerich, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  2. RingLord

RingLord Active Member

Best Answers:
    Usually it's call by google dance and you don't need to contact google.
    In case your site is deindex (no index in google) that means your site got penalized.

RingLord, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  3. Directory-Empire

Directory-Empire Member

Best Answers:
    You can drop rankings without the pages being de-indexed. It could be an algo change. Google makes a LOT of them.

Directory-Empire, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  4. Kevin Robson

Kevin Robson Peon

Best Answers:
    Are different pages being ranked for the same keywords? (eg, a subpage used to rank for a certain search term but it's now the homepage). If so, some pages could have been penalised by google.

Kevin Robson, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  5. abdobasha2004

abdobasha2004 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well there is a wide rang of penalties, from dropping a single page to all site not showing in results, since you noticed a drop then probably yes you got penalized, you should overview your webmaster tools account

abdobasha2004, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  6. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Drop rankings does not mean penalized. Usually it means Google think other websites are better for that specific keywords so they outrank you. Google is constantly updating it's index to display fresh and up to date results for the searcher, so basically if another website is getting more backlinks then yours it will outrank (backlinks mean recommendations from one site to another).

Fresh new backlinks everyday is best to get top rankings.

jacksarlo, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  7. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes , your site are not getting penalized.
    If your site getting penalized, you will not find your site in google search anymore no matter what keywords and which page. It even impossible for you to get google organic search and index by google.

You can use google blacklisted tools to check your website. In your situation, don't worry its not penalize, you just need do more fresh and quality content, do quality backlink consistent and try to grab back to rank on top of the keyword.

JerrickYeoh, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  8. sharanseo

sharanseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes your are not getting penalized whenever your site penalized than you will not find your sites in Google search and your site remove or your links and updates lost by penalization and blacklised by Google.

sharanseo, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  9. James Ross

James Ross Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep just doing the google dance. Usually happens when you work on keywords or if an update has occurred.

James Ross, Apr 13, 2013 IP