1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your proudest moment/accomplishment?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Colleen, Oct 8, 2004.

So anyone want to share something they did, said, discovered, invented.... etc... that they are damn proud of?

Come share your proudest moment with DP!

I can't wait!! :D ;) :) :rolleyes:

The rest of us will tell you if it's worthy of a DP thumbs up!

Colleen, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Proudest moment is the first time my Lottie called me Daddy, it still fills me with joy and she is 5 (sad for a bloke, I know). She was also a butterfly earlier this year in a ballet production by her balet school. The hall was filled with over 1,000 people and to see her up there on the stage was great. As she was leaving the stage, she looked at my wife & I and gave us such a smile, I could see how proud she felt, I cried then and am welling up now thinking about it. (even sadder lol).

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  3. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Awww, they're both touching moments OWG, nothing wrong with being a proud Daddy! :D

I give you a DP thumbs up! ;)

Colleen, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  4. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Giving birth to my son.

Morphine made it all better!

flawebworks, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  5. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    Posing as an insane soccer fan and harassing wedding guests in a hotel pool room and in downtown Charlotte, NC. What a night that was.... ;)

"GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

david_sakh, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  6. Colleen

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you had a great time david_sakh!! :D

Colleen, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  7. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    I flew a plane once - that was pretty cool.

But my favourite moment was hill climbing in Cumbria in the snow. I was only a kid at the time, but when a big snow storm came in it became a real struggle. I used my crampons and ice axe, but eventually it got to the stage where we needed a rope and didn't have one. But we made it anyway. That was a good feeling getting the top and still being alive :D

Lever, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  8. Colleen

Best Answers:
    Wow Lever you flew a plane!! I am afraid of heights so I wouldn't dare attempt that! :D What was it like?

I see you don't have height issues - hill climbing! That would be really scary, you're lucky you made it to the top safely. :)

Colleen, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  9. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    The plane was an old DH Chipmunk, an old 2-seater tandem. I miss flying so I'm thinking of doing something like that again - even a hot air balloon, a microlight. Once you do something like that it's a real buzz and I've been stupid not to have kept it up :)

I did have a height issue once - I didn't quite make it up to the very top of the CN Tower because I didn't relish standing on the glass floor and looking down between my feet... vertigo a go go :eek: I'll have to go back and do that again.

Lever, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  10. Colleen

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't trust those old planes myself. :(

I remember being in the CN Tower and not minding the glass floor at all, that was pretty fun.

I guess you travel around if you've been to the T-dot! I was born and raised in Toronto. :D

Colleen, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  11. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    I used to travel a bit, left it for a few years and now have the bug again...

I notice you haven't told us your greatest moment, Kalina, what is it...?

Lever, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  12. Colleen

Best Answers:
    Hmmm I don't know, I'd have to think about it. As I was making this thread I realized I don't know of any off the top of my head.

The only thing so far that I am proud about is getting my design site going, teaching myself everything I know and having great clients, and I plan to make it even more successful.

Hey thanks for asking me Lever. :)

Colleen, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  13. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is an easy question:

My daughter! She turns five tomorrow and I just spent two days putting together a playground set for her. I know she will love it I can't wait.

She is my proudest accomplishment. :) :)

larysmith711, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  14. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got several

Taking a start up recruitment agency from 0 to £300,000 turnover in 12 months to prove that I could do it ethically... then dropping it because it was not what I wanted to do in my life :D

Introducing a thinking skills programme to a forensic psychiatric unit despite opposition

Producing a vibrant and curious daughter

The next is yet to come... developing a unique piece of biofeedback software that learns to play music the elicits a relaxation response from the listener... currently in negotiation with a 3rd year computer studies student as to how this can be realised

Has anyone else ever had the experience of having great ideas but not seeming to have the resources to realise them only to see those ideas making someone else large somes of money two years later?
    :mad:

Trance-formation, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The only thing that I could say that I am proud of would be my mother, who has given just about everything she has and HAD to keep me in the "game".

I am a serial entrepreneur that has been in so many businesses in my life, but jumping from one thing to the next.

That has not been good for her, but she has supported my ventures all of her life and I would have nothing today if it was not for her support.

I really could not care much for any of the businesses, but when I look back I wish I would have stuck with one thing and focused on it.

But a serial entrepreneur is like a drug addict, going from one high to the next high, it is very risky for everyone around an individual like that but she has stuck with me through the sickness.

That is what I am proud of, the businesses really mean nothing as they all seem like filthy lucre in the end.

anthonycea, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  16. Colleen

Best Answers:

And here we see Anthony's heart! :)

Colleen, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  17. phpmx

phpmx Peon

Best Answers:
    Quitting my 10 year job was my proudest accomplishement. Of course since I started my own business. :)

phpmx, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  18. phpmx

phpmx Peon

Best Answers:
    My next accomplishment will be getting out of peon status :p

phpmx, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Funny that you say that, I have been in business for 25 years for myself and just went out to get a job because of the recession and the resulting business slowdown.

I hope your business does well, I am also sure you will not be a peon forever.

Welcome to the forum brother. :)

anthonycea, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  20. phpmx

phpmx Peon

Best Answers:
    Thaks for the thoughts, I have been in business now for a year and a half, luckily it hasn't affected me since I export to other countries, cross my fingers. :eek:

phpmx, Oct 10, 2004 IP