1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats your opioion of people selling $5 logos?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by sweetcrabhoney18, Mar 7, 2008.

1. woosh

woosh Peon

Best Answers:
    Each to their own I say but I wouldn't do any design work for $5 lol

woosh, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  2. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    I really think it puts the market down, once designers would be making loads, now not as much due to low prices and congestion. Now if you charge $20 you get a bunch or cheap people saying it is too high and wanting $5 logos, pfft.

daniegb123, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  3. heakset

heakset Peon

Best Answers:
    danie I agree it justs brings down the price on good quality designers.

heakset, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  4. rhysgregory

rhysgregory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally this is what i think...

I don't design logos or anything but i do buy them online via these forums, i always thought designers would come online and use these forums for bits of extra work and not to be relied upon for sources of income.

I do agree however people asking for $5 is crazzy, but i also think that people can ask offer any value of prize money.. if no one wants to enter, then no one enters.. simple - that way it would drive prices back up as designers won't work below a certain value and so people have to increase their prize money if they want a design...

but this isn't happening as there are designers out there willing to work for less - although people do enter the quality of their entries is reflected on prize.. if people want decent designs then they have to increase prize money.

I think there are more designers online these days which is also decreasing the value of prize money "someone out there is probably wanting to make a quick few dollars"

It all balances in the end...

I sometimes make cheeky prize offers ;) - but not that cheeky lol

You do set yourselves apart with the quality of your work though and i know if i ever have a big project come along which needs some proper quality work then i have to up my prizes.

rhysgregory, Mar 25, 2008 IP