1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's with all the random questions?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Domonkoz, Oct 27, 2012.

Is it just me or do the threads lately seem a bit...

It's not just the broken English questions like "Do you like a car you want drive?" or "Who is best Sandwhich?" I get that people struggle with language barriers, I admire them for trying. But what the hell is up with these general questions? How many times do you brush your teeth in a day? What's your favorite color? Do they not have interesting topics in Malaysia and Indonesia and Croatia? Is everyone walking around these countries asking trivial questions about how many times they clip their toe nails per week?

Are these just ploys to get people to look at your link? I remember these questions when I was in elementary school...

These questions seem more of something a focus group would ask you to sell a product better. Are people scared of asking meaningful questions?

All you have to do is look at the news, there are millions of things going on in the world right now worthy of discussion. How many candy bars do you eat in a day is not one of them. Good lord, who cares! I'd be much more inclined to click on your sig link if you asked something important, or something deeper than a puddle.

Domonkoz, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  2. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh dear welcome to the real world!

Most posters are probably 'post padding' to build rep or bored but one needs to remember that this is an international forum with many members posting english via google translate. I tend to put myself in their shoes and picture myself trying to communicate in their language and how broken it would appear to them.

Seeing it from both perspectives gives me an appreciation of this so any time I see something written in broken english— I'm not concerned. However as you point out some of the topics written here can and do appear 'lame' and without substance at times, this would be on the character of the individual posting such content and it's just as easy to avoid interacting with such a thread and find topics you personally find witty and interesting to interact with.

Your not the first (nor the last) to complain about such but tiring to change the intrinsic nature of idiosyncrasies within the human race is synonymous to moving the soil of Mount Everest with a toothpick— your literally up a creek without a paddle on that one!

Embrace this fact enjoy it and just remember to focus on the character of the person posting and not on 'how and what' they post about.

Peace! :)

ROOFIS:cool:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    ROOFIS, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  3. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL...I am guilty of starting such gems as (i'm paraphrasing myself) "Do you like walking? (and standing)" and "What is your favorite color shoelace?" mine was brown. ....LOL.

Digital Point locked the shoelace thread. They were right to. LOL. :eek:

p.s. at least i was trying to be funny by being overly boring. hmm...i think i'll start a "What's your favorite number thread?"

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    mike323, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  4. jay5x

jay5x Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, these threads are an easy way to get those first posts under the belt. Plus the link loving does hurt!

jay5x, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  5. OriginalPhil

OriginalPhil Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Jay, it's "leveling" in it's most basic form (pretty sure that's a common forum term).

By the way, which car do you like you want drive? Audi R8 for me :) .

OriginalPhil, Oct 27, 2012 IP