1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's with all the racism against Americans?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ZachG, Nov 3, 2006.

I don't mean to offend anyone, so please don't think I'm a racist or bigot or whatever myself.

Anyway, I was wondering why so many people (at least in the online world, that I have met) are so anti-American? People that regard Americans as uneducated "yanks" and consider their countries completely superior to America.

Well, think about it...if there was no USA, there'd be no Google, no Yahoo, Microsoft, or a hundred other companies that millions of people rely on every day, for their operating systems, communications, and incomes.

As for political issues...why associate the entire nation with the decisions of our president? Sure, he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but it's not like we have a say in what he does, nor do we all share the same viewpoint as he does.

Anyone else have this feeling?

/rant over :)

ZachG, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ah, this crap has been going on for years. Some people just hate freedom. There's no more or less hatred of America, or our government than there has ever been in the past. Of course the media pundants and moonbats are a bit more prolific at the moment, and given the rise of the internet, anomosity has a new medium to preach moonbat ideology.

The biggest problem as I see is, we get along with far too many nations now. It was simplier when Russia hated us, and we them.

Mia, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  3. jackslounge

jackslounge Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm an Aussie, with a few American friends. I'm not racist myself, but can tell you one big reason why other people are..

The USA (Bush at least), feel a need to be the police of the Earth - any problem around the world, the US will jump in to 'help'. Iraq is one incident that springs to mind.

Americans are often seen as being arrogant - this is obviously not true (99% of the time), but bad impressions always outlast good ones..

There are plenty of other reasons that people don't like Americans, but I don't really want to go into them.

One of the fundamental flaws in US society is non-compulsory voting. If you are of voting age here, and you do not vote, you can expect to receive a fine. If everyone voted in the USA, the best man might have a chance of winning.

Don't ask me anything about US politics, I don't really know much about it. I do know that compulsory voting should be instated, and dead people (in Florida) should not be able to vote!

Bush could do wonders for the reputation of the USA by doing something other than fighting wars - spend money on preventing global warming, disease, etc..

Wow, that was a bit longer than I had expected..

jackslounge, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    All the time.

Typical foreign excuses:

We're not attacking America, just your president.
    We like Americans.
    Americans shouldn't police the world.
    Why isn't America doing anything about kim jung il?

Typical liberal (young angry white males with low IQs) excuses:

Dissent is patriotic.
    We just want a better America.
    We don't hate our country (having never said a good word about it)
    We're not self-loathing about our country, it's just that we think it's a failure.
    The world is against us! (this implies that the sayer of such wants to be popular in the eyes of others and is only concerned with what others think of him)

Of course, most Americans don't think like this, thank God! Most Americans love their country. Even self-loathing liberals who do nothing but degrade it. They were just abused as kids and believe it's the "politically correct" thing to do. I call it a low self-esteem.

GTech, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  5. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gtech summed it up pretty well. Basically, liberals make such a huge pow-wow and big deal about everything it completely distorts what some may see as "important" poll results (proven, when Bush was re-elected in '04. He was not slated to win...) --- and they hate our country for fighting their friends. That's why it seems like such a big issue.

It's such a stupid one. What's the point of debating against people that are so stiff-minded that they just want to hate everything and go in the dark and cut themselves?

chulium, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  6. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait a second... :p The USA has a population of more or less 300 million..do you know how many votes that would need to be counted? Even the age 18+ crowd is huge. Australia has somewhere around 30 million people if I'm not mistaken?

ZachG, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You'd have to read our Constitution to understand why. It's in there.

Yes, we do have quite a few of those.. John Kerry comes to mind.

Freedom.

Again, FREEDOM. We are free to vote, and equally free to not vote. That's the funny thing about Freedom. I understand it is a difficult concept for most to grasp. Some people here are still having a hard time with it.

You're thinking of Chicago man. Unless you mean those seniors down in FL. They are close enough to dead. Those rotten crusty old vacuum bag social security sucking senior citizens move down there and refrigerate their single wides to stay just above room temp so they can keep collecting those checks.

Oh, but he does and has... But you never hear about that do you. You see in America, when it comes to a FREE press, the only good news (news that sells) is BAD NEWS. The media likes to paint a dismal picture, because talking about anything good means it's a no news day. Can't have that. Bad news is the only good news for the press in the US of A.

That's what she said.;)

Mia, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  8. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL...nothing like adding some good old fashioned humor to a political debate! :D

ZachG, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Actually its about 20mil down under. Must be nice.. 20 mil on the same land mass as the US. Compare that to China with 1.3 billion on the same land mass... Yikes.

Anyway, you are assuming that all 300 mil in the US are eligible to vote. There are actually about 100 million voters, a great majority of which actually do vote. In fact, I believe in the last election (the landslide 04) more people in the US voted than at any other time in our history.

I've know quite a few people that do not vote here. And while it is their right, I give them no respect when they bitch about something in the US. IMO, they gave up that right when their refused to excercise their right to vote.

You'd be surprised how many non-voters bitch about our government and elected officials. The 2000 elections proved just how much EVERY vote counts. Just think, if the moonbats that did not vote actually voted, the election results might have been a bit different.

Mia, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  10. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the fact that you mentioned that there would be no great universities to come to to get that great education. I learn something new everyday. :D

reapr, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't take anything here serious enough where I get all huffy/puffy and mad. A little humor should be a sign of that.

Anyway, I could not resist there...

Mia, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  12. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well with that you gotta know SOMEBODY is gonna get offended. Usually, it's the people (in this case) that show anti-American spirit. *cough libs cough*

chulium, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  13. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    All the rhetoric kills me. All ameicans love america and want to preserve it. Falling in line with the current president makes one a sheep. America is about individualism and a united front. Our current administration has thrown out the united part and caused division. There is nothing more un-american.

Real americans want to fix that. People like GTech want to be arrogant and follow the "do as we say not as we do" party, pronounced hypocrits. That's called the easy way, there's no need to think, it's all laid out for the lazy.

Angry old men can't think for themsleves so they fall in line with the rhetoric and denouce the young folks that see change, evolution, necessary. But hey, change is hard, we can't expect old men to want to make any effort. :rolleyes:

noppid, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  14. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Yep and it was just a matter of time. See previous post above this one.

GTech, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  15. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh boy ignorance is pure bliss and along the lines of faulty liberal thinking. At least that is how I interpret the above.

reapr, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  16. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) American isn't a race, it's a nationality. You can't call someone racist for not liking Americans.

2) I agree with you that many people from other countries are biased against America. In some issues we deserve it, in others not. It's just the way it is.

Lpspider, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    90% of the citizens of the world hate us for the same reason 75% of the American citizens hate Bush and Cheney, because they are self centered greedy pathological lying thieves that are oil and war profiteers who use people for their own greedy and self centered bullshit!

anthonycea, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  18. Lpspider

Best Answers:
    That sounded intelligent.

Lpspider, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  19. Lpspider

Best Answers:

Um, we do have a say in what he does. 1) We elected him. 2) We have the house and the senate.

It's called democracy.

Lpspider, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  20. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    So tell me about conservatisim, if you can. Tell me about how this administration is conservative.

You like to use the word it would seem at least. But not even your so called party, if you are impling you are a conservative republican by falling in line and dishing out insults with rhetoric, is conservative. Having an identity crisis?

Ignorance sure is bliss. :rolleyes:

noppid, Nov 3, 2006 IP