1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's up with all these mature school teachers...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Aug 20, 2017.

qwikad.com, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  2. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Aimee Palmitessa, 45, has been accused of having sex with a 16-year-old student at the elite Brentwood School in Los Angeles."

I'd like to see the evidence before I judge.

Frost1, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    She is already arrested and the bail is set at $230,000. I don't know, but it doesn't sound like she is falsely accused or something.

There are plenty of other cases too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...runk-eleanor-wilson-school-trip-a7862291.html
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ex-charges-obsessed-student-article-1.3423157
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-teacher-arrest-20170820-story.html

-

qwikad.com, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's happening
    Women are more in touch with their sexuality but haven't caught up emotionally so when they find themselves in a situation they often don't see the warning signs until it's too late. While it's never OK in the cases I've seen the boy has not been an "innocent" and vulnerable whereas male teachers usually target the loner, unconfident girls. Often it's started with a bet on the boy's part that the teacher is too naive to recognise. The long-term ramifications for the kid, instigator or not, aren't good. That's not how normal relationships start out.

I suspect that if you had equal numbers of men and women teaching the prevalence would be roughly equal but the tawdriness of the '70s sees men prefer "safer" occupations away from minors - they still seem to "stray", but with consenting adults instead.

sarahk, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  5. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1st link - she was caught in the act.
    2nd link - she bombarded the student's phone with text messages and phone calls after becoming obsessed.
    3rd link - same woman mentioned in the first post of this thread. It's just a different article.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I'd need to see more evidence before thinking Aimee is guilty.

Frost1, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    She's the adult
    She knows it's not appropriate - knows right from wrong
    No matter how tempting it might be you have to walk away or face the consequences.

One further point - when women do it:
    a) they get caught while the offending is ongoing
    b) they are incriminated by outsiders
    c) there is only one victim
    d) the woman thinks there is a relationship

When male teachers offend:
    a) there is a gap between the end of the offending and the allegations being made
    b) they are incriminated by the victim
    c) there are multiple victims over an extended period of time
    d) there is no illusion of a relationship

I'd just left high school when I joined a surf club, lots of drinking and bad behaviour abounded but we had one senior lifeguard who was just so sweet, never hit on the girls, never partied with us, helpful and funny. Probably not that much older than us really, but teenagers think all adults are ancient. Turned out he'd been teaching at a school by where I lived and one of the girls had a crush on him. When he wasn't interested she told her friends anyway - one told a parent and the rest was history. Innocent or not, that was the end of his career.

It's a bloody minefield out there I take my hat off to anyone willing to teach.

Edit: Just saw this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...on-scheme-victim-support-sexual-a7903396.html
    If it's a child that you are sexually involved with for even a nano second it doesn't matter if the child "consents" because that consent isn't valid. Want the right to be intimate with someone - wait until they grow up or fight for the age of legal consent to be lowered and the rules around inappropriate conduct to be changed (yeah, good luck with that!).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    sarahk, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i think this society go crazy .How a woman of 45 years to sleep with a 16 years boy ,this its disqusting .I was understanding iw was 10 years diference .But its 29 years bigger than him

Spartan14, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  8. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I'd understand if the age difference was less so, and the woman was single. Most of them, however, 20-30 years their senior, married with children and in a position of authority. It's possible, of course, that they are attention / sex deprived in a loveless marriage, but I wonder if it has more to do with an immature, attention-seeking and somewhat perverted mindset. A boy is not going to get interested in a way older teacher if she doesn't act like a slut around him herself.

qwikad.com, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think the phrase they used in the article was "flirting"
    I'm not sure how you define sluttish behaviour but since one of the American states has just ruled that it's unconstitutional to stop a teacher screwing students I imagine there will be some cases appealed. Will be interesting.

lol, yet from the sounds of it there are plenty of men of the same age who think it's ok to sleep with models and young women of the same age - and don't get me started on teen prostitutes.

sarahk, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    jrbiz, Aug 22, 2017 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, that's such a Woody Allen thing to do!

sarahk, Aug 22, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really very disgusting thing :eek:

dabbu347, Aug 23, 2017 IP
  13. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, let me throw something out there that I have been thinking about since I first saw this thread. When I was 16, 17, 18, etc., the thought of a teacher in her 20's or 30's wanting to have sex with me would have been thrilling beyond belief! I still have that same initial reaction today when I see a cute 20-something female teacher and ask why I couldn't have been so lucky. :)

Now, here is the thing. Being 17 in the 1970's was an entirely different level of maturity, social skills, etc., than being a 17-year-old today. I recently vacationed with my family and an old family friend who is almost exactly my age and never had kids. He got to spend a couple days with my 25-year-old and my 15-year-old. At the end, as we were getting ready to head home in different directions, he asked me, "So when do kids grow up these days?" He was not trying to be rude or insulting, he was just asking a question about something that was painfully obvious from the two days he spent with them.

My reply was that based on my experience with nieces and nephews (we have quite a few, in fact, and all are older than our kids) that I believe that adult maturity occurs now around 30 years of age as opposed to 18 back in the 1970's.

So, given this issue it is reprehensible for these teachers to take advantage of today's teenagers because they are more like elementary or middle school maturity levels than what we were at the same age. And that is way too young.

Of course, my Dad felt the same way about my generation because he had to quit school at age 12 to help support his family during the Great Depression and we got to go to high school, college, etc., and not strike out on our own until 18 or older. :)

jrbiz, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  15. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    My dad was 14 and he was the only one from his family who worked. His dad was drafted during the WWII and his mom had 4 other kids (younger than my dad), so she couldn't work. When I was 22 and still living with my mom and dad, he was constantly mad at me. If it was up to him, he'd probably kick us all out by the time we were 16. :)

qwikad.com, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  16. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    One more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/2...accused-sexually-assaulting-male-student.html

And I think I've found the answer: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/19/inside-minds-women-who-have-sex-with-boys.html

"What sort of women have so little regard for the autonomy of others? Generally, they are women whose own boundaries were shattered in childhood or adolescence. It is cliché, but also true, that sexual offenders were most often victims themselves (whether of sexual misconduct or physical violence or significant emotional violence)...

...Women who sexually abuse boys may also have less control over their actions due to illnesses like bipolar disorder or impulse control disorder, sometimes coupled with substance abuse."

qwikad.com, Aug 27, 2017 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You do need to differentiate between the one off offender with a misguided romantic fantasy that breaches professional conduct and legislative lines to the serial offender grooming vulnerable children.

We had this case: http://www.crime.co.nz/c-files.aspx?ID=11 where the man was targeting strangers but look at what adults did to him! People in a position of authority over the kid. It happens to many and while only a few go on to become abusers it's clear that there's a cycle that needs to be broken.

Women from this kind of background are more likely to be physically abusive to young children than sexually abusive and in NZ we have appalling rates of abuse where the mothers participate.

sarahk, Aug 27, 2017 IP
  18. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that those women never grew up beyond high school, which is why they work there and have affairs with underage students. It has reached epidemic proportions, for sure, and I will never understand how anyone male or female could ruin their career, their marriage, and possibly their family for something as meaningless as sex.

You would think with all the female teachers getting busted and having their offenses made into national news stories that it would have a deterring effect, but it doesn't.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/married-teacher-allegedly-had-sexual-222400910.html

[​IMG]

http://nypost.com/2017/06/21/married-teacher-arrested-for-having-sex-with-teen-student/

[​IMG]

Some of those female teacher screwing minors are downright gorgeous and would have no trouble finding a man their age, if they weren't already married!

Then there's the story of the teenage boy having threeway sex with two teachers (amazingly, one was acquitted, the one who happens to be the daughter of a judge).

http://nypost.com/2017/04/26/teacher-accused-of-having-threesome-with-student-found-not-guilty/
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/04/destrehan_teacher_sex_trial_ve.html#incart_breaking

Notice how the teacher chose trial by judge instead of trial by jury (a very risky move for most criminals which is why it is almost never done). A jury would have convicted her, but because her father is a judge, another judge found her not guilty. Proof that the justice system is screwed up.

More:

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/notorious-teacher-sex-scandals/

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    billzo, Aug 28, 2017 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess the question is why does anyone think women have a better moral compass than men?

sarahk, Aug 28, 2017 IP
  20. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At least what we read here in the news--and teacher or coach or any person in a "position of authority" having sexual activity with a minor will get reported as it is the type of sensational/salacious news the media thinks will draw viewers/readers--female teachers/coaches engaging in unlawful sexual activity with minors far exceeds males doing the same. Of course, I haven't studied this in depth but as far as what hits the news, the women doing this far outnumber men. That's what makes this thing interesting. I think it is equally wrong for a female to engage in sexual activity with a subordinate as it is for a male. Part of the myth is that women don't do this type of thing when facts say otherwise.

billzo, Aug 28, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.