1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the value of product reviews in your shop?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Raisinghard, Apr 4, 2017.

?

What's your point on this topic?

1. Reviews are essential for online sales and I have experience with that.

2. I have a strong feeling based on my user exprereince, that reviews are useful.

3. I think it's nice for store to have it, but still ok to go without them.

4. There's more headache for the web store rather than benefit from those.

5. I had a bad expereince with reviews or know a someone who had and never use them on site anymore.

6. Have no idea or I just need to see the stat.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Hello everybody!

I have this question for those who already run a web store or have some direct experience and would highly appreciate to hear your thoughts and knowledge regarding it. There is a lot of article and posts claiming that it's an essential part of a store, but it would be much more valuable to hear about the real cases.
    I hope this answers will help other people as well.

Especially I'd like to hear from you the next
    - Do you use reviews on your store? If not, why?
    - What efforts do you make to collect reviews? Is it effective?
    - Did you get any change to a conversion rate of the page after you got reviews to it?
    - If you use rich snippets for reviews, did it enhance your CTR?

Would love to hear from you guys, and thanks in advance for all of your replies!
    The pole is for those who don't run a site but have some opinion or just lazy to type a reply

Top Regards, Raisinghard

Raisinghard, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  2. finbol

finbol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey there, I have some direct experience of this as an employee, but not in the sense of running my own ecommerce venture. But for what it's worth, the company I worked for did some A/B testing with our reviews and found the conversion rate was better when the reviews were displayed more prominently. That said, this was only over the course of a week or two, so it's obviously hard to put it down just to the reviews. All the same, I think reviews are extremely valuable. As a consumer, I feel much more comfortable buying a product on Amazon, for example, when there are several positive reviews. The only issue is how prevalent fake reviews are, but fortunately they're usually fairly easy to identify!

finbol, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  3. Raisinghard

Raisinghard Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, for your rich reply, I found it really helpful.

Raisinghard, Apr 8, 2017 IP
  4. BrookeHarper

BrookeHarper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I understand that you're looking for insight from e-commerce store owners, but given that I'm in sales, I could provide you some useful information.

Customer reviews, in general, can affect how other consumers would view your business and the products you sell. Customers now depend on buyer reviews more than ever.

Positive reviews can:
    • Up your conversion rates
    • Build brand awareness
    • Earn consumers' trust
    • Gauge your customer experience performance
    Bad reviews will:
    • Potentially ruin your shop's reputation (especially consecutive bad reviews)
    • Lower conversion rates
    • Decrease customer retention
    • Allow you to improve customer experience

BrookeHarper, May 28, 2017 IP