1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the real difference between the H1 H2 & H3 header tags??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by leoxurious, Aug 18, 2011.

whenever i am doing SEO optimisations for my posts ,,my seo plugin always gives me a green light when i have had all H1 ,H2 AND H3 TAGS in place,,it works for me but i dont really know what these TAGS are but i know they are an extremely crucial part of optimisation,,,so if you know what these tags means and where to apply them then i'll appreciate if you could shed some more light on this

leoxurious, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  2. lovenot

lovenot Peon

Best Answers:
    They are "titles".

lovenot, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  3. leoxurious

leoxurious Member

Best Answers:
    ok then i guess the post title should be the H1 tag???...which titles are the H2 AND H3...i just wanna be sure cos i dont wont to be too reliant on my plugins

4. iBank ™

iBank ™ Peon

Best Answers:
    In short, each and every H[number] tag represents a kind of ordered list or sub-list.
    For example, H1 would be your document name, H2 for the section title, H3 for a describing sub-section, H4 for a list of things in it, etc.

iBank ™, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  5. ptnor

ptnor Peon

Best Answers:
    check w3schools.com/TAGS/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_headers
    h1 makes your font size big and bold, h2 does the same only slightly smaller etc.. search engines give more value to h1 because they should represent bigger bolder text. But all the tags can be styled in css and override the default behavior.

ptnor, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  6. echoutt

echoutt Member

Best Answers:
    the H1, H2 and other its make google panda easy to read your website

echoutt, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  7. leoxurious

leoxurious Member

Best Answers:
    so your saying the new panda updates are looking out for H tags??

8. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    H1 is always the title of the post/article. H2, H3 and other headings are sub-headings, with each sub-heading getting smaller in size with each heading as illustrated in W3Schools.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  9. kumartinku

kumartinku Active Member

Best Answers:
    An HTML element is an individual component of an HTML document. HTML documents are composed of a tree of HTML elements and other nodes, such as text nodes. Each element can have attributes specified. Elements can also have content, including other elements and text. HTML elements represent semantics, or meaning. For example, the title element represents the title of the document.

kumartinku, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  10. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can keep your important keywords in H1, H2 & H3 Tags. When the robots are crawling on your site, they will index those.

sisatel, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  11. sieghart

sieghart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is a header tag of a website that H1 is the most important and h6 is the less important structure when creating a website .

sieghart, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  12. hashif

hashif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

H1 tag is the title of your post..while h2 and h3 are the subtitles..You can use your maiin keywords in h1, h2 and h3 tags..But do not stuff your keywords..

Tips:
    Use your keyword first in h1 tag and use synonyms of keywords in h2 tags, this way google will love your tags and will not consider it as header spamming..also do not use h3 tags with seo in mind, use user friendly titles in h3 tags or u cann avoid it..

For example:

h1 tag: "Header tags"usage idea
    h2 tag:How to effectively use "h1 html"( synonym of keyword "Header tags" )

Regards,
    Hashif

hashif, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  13. kuldeepjoshi

kuldeepjoshi Peon

Best Answers:
    Use H1 for main heading and H2, H3, H4 for sub headings :)

kuldeepjoshi, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  14. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you know that font sizes get smaller as you go from the big <h1>, down to your smaller-sized <h3> . . . Beyond that, here's what . . .

H1 Tags
    Your <h1> tag is the one that Google gives TOP priority. <h1> is the title of your post/page, and it needs to have 1 or 2 keywords written in. This is the #1 SEO signal to the bots as to what your subject is about. If you want to be found for that keyword, you need it in the <h1> title. The bot will be looking for you to repeat that keyword several times down in the body of your info. Doing both "proves" you're an authority on the subject and worth showing/bumping up on the search engine results pages.

In other words, Google is looking for you to tell them your top keywords for the page in the blog post's title. Try to use the keyword/phrase as the first word(s) of the <h1> title. It won't always make sense to write the keyword first-thing in a title, but doing so tells the bots you mean business about this subject. You're relevant, so can be ranked a little higher than you'd otherwise be.

I believe Google only wants to see one <h1> per page, or they'll think you're cheating and keyword stuffing. So only use the <h1> tags once per web page.

H2 Tags
    <h1> is king of your web page, and after that comes your various <h2> tags. These are your sub-headings on the page. The bots pay attention to the keywords within these tags, too. You get bonus SEO points for using your keyword(s) in your <h2> sub-headings.

Your <h2> tags are probably automatically made bold by your website's coding. Just be sure your <h2> tags are either bold or underlined, which signals the bot to give these words more SEO weight. I try to make most of my sub-heads LINKS with KEYWORDS. I point them to other pages on my site. Making these keyworded links gives your other pages good SEO juice.

H3 Tags
    These are for sub-headings, too. But smaller font, less important looking. I don't believe the <h3> carry very much weight, in terms of SEO juice. Probably some, but not worth fidgeting with. But use them to help your page look nice and organized, which benefits your readers and site's image.

Best of luck!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    jewel3000, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  15. leoxurious

leoxurious Member

Best Answers:
    excellent description and answer to my question,,JEWEL

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
    leoxurious, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  16. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Header tags are very important from SEO point of view and to get your site placed prominently in the rankings. Use the h1 tag for main headings, the h2 and h3 tag for any subheadings. I don't get too far down in the heade tags category.

unknownpray, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  17. scaldz

scaldz Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot say that <H tages> are extremely crucial part of optimisation. The important one is H1 only

scaldz, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  18. Sonamseo

Sonamseo Member

Best Answers:
    they are differ in size .

Sonamseo, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  19. tarunyadavseo

tarunyadavseo Member

Best Answers:
    H1 used for your main heading like that your keyword and other h tags used or subtitle.

tarunyadavseo, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  20. Fastseo

Fastseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Decreasing order of size of the font these tags are <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <h4>, <h5> and <h6> tags , this reason, search engines give heading tags much more weight in Decreasing order...

Fastseo, Aug 22, 2011 IP