1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the Logic Behind Automatically "Decling Application" ??

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Bohra, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well if they auto decline atleast they should give a reason

Bohra, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  2. hootoo.com

hootoo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if it's like you said, I am kind of concerned, some people won't get good affi. programs just because of others fault.:mad:

hootoo.com, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  3. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats life

WharfeValley Systems, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  4. mimisido

mimisido Peon

Best Answers:
    Auto-decline saves a lot of time to the affiliate managers, and they are willing to take the risk of loosing some good affiliates along the way.

It is based on network ranking and / or country.

You can contact the aff manager, please be sure to have a website or if you are using a blog, than it should have more than one entry posted yesterday.

The auto decline is used when there is fear of fraud. No affiliate manger is happy to spend time deleting sales in the cj platform. Its not fun revoking commissions.

mimisido, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  5. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    Good topic here. I thought I would weigh in as an affiliate director who previously had to waste almost an entire day a week on CJ applications. Unfortunately because CJ is an open network, there is a TON of junk publishers. I was getting nearly 1000 publisher requests per week from users in various "high fraud" countries, and the sales they were sending were resulting in fraud, scams, overdue, etc. Unfortunately a lot of that traffic was from India, where apparently groups of people in cities were joining together to participate in scams or turnkey solutions that resulted in very low quality leads. Its possible there were classes or meetups for this, I am not sure, but there were dozens from the same locations. After dealing with this for months I finally decided to utilize the automatic decline feature. While we do lose some good publishers, we have seen a drastic increase in quality of our traffic and many times we have those publishers contact us directly and we invite them to our program after speaking. Its also saved me and my company a lot of time and money from dealing with terrible publishers. If we see that a publisher goes out of his way to contact us through our ticket system it is usually a guaranteed invite.

GatorJay, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  6. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually you guys should work with a little more control with CJ ..Well i had made a sale sometime back on CJ. the person was my client and i gave him a direct link and he ordered. But the sale didnt get even credited to me when i contacted ur affliate dept they said it got credited to some one else.. thats pretty wierd according to me.. Specially when both the parties me and my client agreed that my link was used.. i know this is a little off topic But such cases also happen.

Bohra, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  7. appleranger

appleranger Peon

Best Answers:
    If the merchant wants to auto decline, then let them auto decline. Sometimes the country you are in plays a big factor though.

appleranger, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  8. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    Its understandable, but you also have to look at it from our point of view, we have thousands of publishers/affiliates and we pay out over $400,000 a month. We get hundreds of these issues, and in the end its just not possible to take a side when it comes to the cookie that was tracked. In this case, with CJ it wouldn't even be a valid reason for reversal of the publisher who won the sale.

The only way we could win in this situation would be to pay out twice, which would cost us $260 dollars for the sale, and you can see how multiplying that by 100 would end up costing us thousands. Even if the referral simply goes to google and visits a hosting related site, it could result in the loss of a sale. However, if the case is ever that the link was followed and no commission was awarded we will almost always pay out for the sale.

GatorJay, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  9. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, 400k per month!
    that quite interesting to hear how much some advertisers are doing on CJ. Any idea if that makes you guys one of the biggest or is that around average?

WharfeValley Systems, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  10. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    That is combined with both our in-house program and CJ. Our in-house program is likely one of, if not the biggest, affiliate program in the industry in terms of payouts. It makes people who accuse us of scams and shaving a 50 dollar commission just seem ridiculous. :rolleyes: Of course those are usually the ones running scams and fraud themselves, and (to get back on topic) unfortunately CJ publishers (not all!) tend to be lower quality than our in-house since a third party makes it much harder to catch those who are trying to fraud the program. Auto-declines in certain high-fraud countries can reduce that and save hundreds of man hours.

GatorJay, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  11. nextgen66

nextgen66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This happens to me fairly often (from Canada) The idiots think only american publishers can generate good sales I guess. Oh well less revenues for them.

India etc I could understand due to fraud incidences.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    nextgen66, Nov 16, 2009 IP