1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the Logic Behind Automatically "Decling Application" ??

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Bohra, Nov 6, 2009.

Ok so lets say i am A CJ Publisher From India now at times when i want to join a program in CJ they auto decline me..ok so now my question is whats the logic behind this ??

Now if u say a company only has products to offer for US only then i wold say what if i can bring a US sale bieng in India.. its not that i live in India and i can only get indian customers rite ?

Plus the companies have to pay CJ and CJ makes payments to its publishers so what is the logic

Doesnt make much sense to me..

Bohra, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    There is no logic behind it. Auto decline (based on location) is a good indication that an advertiser has employed idiots to manage their affiliate program.

Have tried emailing the aff manager? It's worked for me before. But more often that not, they simply ignore your email, or reply with cut and paste garbage.

Kerosene, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  3. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually i have tried mailing them.. using the cj mail function but they never bother to even reply. i dont think they even bother reading it in most cases, I Am not an advertiser on cj so dunno how exactly they set thier ads and auto decline but i am sure in most of reasons declining some1 is not necessarly needed..

Bohra, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  4. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

Actually there is quite a bit of logic to it.

If I sell automotive transmissions in the US, there is almost a 100% certain thought that I will not be shipping those transmissions overseas.

As such, I would not want my product(s) advertised in locations where I am not going to ship.

This is why you are auto rejected.

Not because of who you are or any other issue other than the fact that where you live, is likely where you would market my product.

As noted write and explain why you should be allowed to market the product and PROVE that you can market products in a reputable fashion.

Additionally if any of your CJ domains trample on any trademark you will be rejected by most CJ advertisers. They don't like people using trademarked domains....sort of support for one another.

:)

Sem-Advance, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  5. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lets be Fair .. the market of web is Global.. Now lets take example of dp.. the owner is from US.. now DP doesnt get US traffic only it gets traffic through out the world.. now if i am promoting a US offer now offcourse if the person is not from US he will not be able to buy the product ..

Bohra, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    DP is not a product is it??

While there may be a global economy one still needs to use some common sense.

In the example I am not shipping transmissions which are heavy and would have a huge shipping cost overseas so therefore the market is not global.

Now if I were selling music, movies, t-shirts and the like then the market may be global.

If the market were as global as you think, then Americans would flock to Bollywood movies, but we don't. and as such there are few bollywood movies in theaters here in the US.

Hope this helps. You might want to spend some time reading books on marketing to help you understand the concept better.

7. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You arent getting me..

What i am trying to say here is .. Lets take this example Now shawn is from US now if he wants to join a indian affliate in CJ .. he may automatically get rejected from the ad program..Eventhough Shawn has good amount of Indian traffic and he can get converts.. But the program just declined him because his location is USA..

Now do u get what i mean ??

Bohra, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  8. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    So if I had an online auto transmission store, hosted in the US, targeting US customers, and the majority of my traffic was from the US ... why wouldn't you want me promoting your product?

There is no difference between my site, and a site owned and operated by someone living in a barn in Ohio. Except I'd be getting way more traffic :p

Kerosene, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  9. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Sure there is, when I look in the contact info I am not likely going to find that you are actually located in the US. ;)

What we are discussing is an automated process, meant to save advertisers from having to scan 100s to 1000s of applications each day.

Again if you have something you know would be of value to the advertiser write them and ask for reconsideration.

Did you know most resumes sent to corporations are scanned and rejected automatically as well???

Automation boys and girls, works in many ways, sometimes to your advantage and sometimes to your disadvantage.

Don't become emotional over something you perceive as a slight.

Learn from it, find how to overcome the obstacles and you will much better off for it. There is always a solution to any problem. Think outside the box!!!

Whining does nothing but cause you further delay.

10. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    IMO the advertisers have the right to deline your appliation automatically based on the location,
    You should be better to read what sem-advance said twice.

WallaceYeung, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  11. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well you can say that maybe because u are from US and not facing the issues very often.. But we do face this very often.

And if u ask us to contact them that doesnt seem to work .. coz most of them dont reply back maybe not even read..

And i dont think any other network works in this way..

Bohra, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  12. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I understand what you face, otherwise I would not have posted. :)

Sometimes you need to be persistent and write several times....it may take 50 times or 100 times as well. However if you do not have a quality site and traffic you will waste your time.

Many other US Ad networks also automatically reject overseas marketers simply due to no other reason that their target market is consumers from the US.

While it may be a global economy... shipping costs dictate that its not really all that global.....

What someone writes and what is the reality are usually two different things.

$ money rules decisions, where as text can be manipulated to make you "think" the way the author wants.

So you might want to take the "global economy" authors to task for misleading yourself and many many others.....

13. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry i think u arent getting the point here

lets make it short

Its not compulsary only a person in US can get a US Sale even a person living outside can do this rite ??

We are not telling to sell a US item to some other country but let people of other countries sell the items to thier US Visitors

Bohra, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  14. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been declined by advertisers automatically and I am in the US and my sites are hosted
    in the US. They are all quality clean sites and I get no less than 80,000 UV monthly.

Sometimes an advertiser will have a hard time seeing a good coorelation between what your
    site does/sells and their offers.

Sometimes they are just slammed with publishers and don't want any more.

Sometimes they are just idiots.

At times, if I believe that the advertiser and I would be a good fit, will email
    the AM and have gotten in that way.

Other times, I have emailed the AM and they didn't respond and I decided not to
    continue to pursue them as if they are hard to get a response from now what
    can I expect in the future.

I did have one come back and ask me if I did blackhat methods to get traffic and I
    told her that if her initial response was one like that I had no interest in doing
    business with them and told her that I withdraw my application.

You just plain do not know why you are auto-rejected most of the time.

Romanorc, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I know exactly what you mean. I knew since I first posted.

I know what you are saying makes sense as well.

The problem is 100s of others apply who do not fit your criteria. If 1 in 1,000 can do it properly then at times it may not make sense financially to do something by hand. Such as rejecting applications.

As I tried to explain with jobs. There are literally 1,000s of people applying for 1 job.

It is not possible to look over each application so the Human Resources people use scanning to go over the applications and reject them automatically for not meeting their criteria.

There is no human involved in the process making the decisions its simply a machine at work.

You need to write and provide proof!!!!!!!

And it still may not work.

If that is the case visit the website directly and look for another contact person. This will usually get you where you need to be to solve your problem.

See I know the problem, and how to fix it....Hope this helps you.

16. hootoo.com

hootoo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been rejected numerous times, I think the advertisers have every right to reject us.

And still I managed to get accepted into some and are doing fine.

Regards

hootoo.com, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  17. aras

aras Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not about customers or anything. Its about certain country citizens being involved in blackhat, scam and etc more than other countries :)

aras, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  18. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I am surprised you are not in the White House with that astute frame of thinking....How did you not get elected president????

I did not think anyone was stupider than George Bush till now.....

:confused:

Sem-Advance, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  19. Manju99

Manju99 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just write to them telling that I will send quality traffic blah blah... :)
    This is trick worked for me, Even bigger players like Godaddy auto rejected my application, I have contacted them only once next day I my application was approved.

Manju99, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  20. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    hah, semadvance you talk a lot but sometimes you just seem to make shit up.

That is EXACTLY the reason certain countries get autorejected and i have heard this from mulitple networks.

% wise some countries citizens have a higher amount of fraud than others. Some networks/programs decide its not worth the risk weeding the good ones out so they dont bother.

Back on topic. Instead of trying to use the CJ message program go to the merchant info page and you can usually find a personally email of an affiliate manager. If not then find another merchant and forget about it. Its their loss!

WharfeValley Systems, Nov 11, 2009 IP