1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the fastest way to get rid of flu or cold?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Feb 4, 2022.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I seem to remember that product launching in the 1960's? It did not last long, of course. :) That was around the same time that people would put on baby oil (instead of tanning lotion) and go out in the sun and fry for a few hours. There was no such thing as sunblock back then, just cosmetics to help you tan "better". BTW, I have always had a darker skin (for a white guy) and have never used sunblock or anything else. I rarely burn and just usually get a deeper and deeper tan the more I am outside. My wife and kids have very fair skin and always freak out about me just going out with nothing while they apply copious amounts of sunblock.

Ingesting that volume of juice and pulp are the likely culprits of your digestive issues and probably has little to do with amount of vitamin C. If I eat more than one or two citrus fruits, I start to get heartburn from the acidity. However, I take can take 1000 IU's of vitamin C every morning with no issues, whatsoever.

jrbiz, May 6, 2022 IP
  2. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lucky you... when I attempted that (by accident as I forgot sunblock) and spent a day on the beach I ended up with 2nd-degree burns.

Deos, May 6, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Location also is a factor. My whole life has been spent in New England in the U.S., which is the upper Northeast of the country. We are not known for being a warm and sunny clime. Yes, we have hot summers but they are on the short side, time-wise, and I suspect that the angle of the sun is different from other, more sunny places. I might fare a bit differently were I located on the Equator. :)

jrbiz, May 6, 2022 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Try living in FL. Here I got burned once or twice even when sunblock was applied. Wasn't that bad, but still.

qwikad.com, May 6, 2022 IP
  5. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm from Serbia, we have a similar climate maybe little more sun here as we are a few degrees closer to the equator than you but not a drastic difference.
    When I got 2nd degrees burns I was in Tanzania at the time. As the sun is stronger there on top of there I was near and in water and sun reflecting on the water surface also added extra burn.

Deos, May 6, 2022 IP
  6. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In FL is a way stronger sun, there I would probably always use sunblock since the morning (at summer days) lol

Deos, May 6, 2022 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^It appears that it is you that has been vaporized. (Banned):(

Spoiltdiva, May 6, 2022 IP
    jrbiz and Deos like this.
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I lived in the UK for a bit, never used sunblock, cycled through Europe one summer, never used sunblock, got a bit of a tan. Cycled through Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, a bit more colour, after a month or so. New Zealand summers: I burn after an hour, and sunblock is essential if going out for any length of time - yet they tell us that the hole in the ozone layer has repaired itself. I'm just grateful that I'm not particularly "white", my daughter has a tough time of it having to be careful year round.

sarahk, May 6, 2022 IP
    jrbiz and Deos like this.
  9. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How can ozone get fixed when "we" don't stop with pollution :(
    So I wouldn't last 15 min in NZ without sunblock good to know :D

Deos, May 6, 2022 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Much like when witch doctors used to insist that you had to sacrifice a virgin to get the sun to come back from a full eclipse, modern control freaks cynically use other natural events (e.g., ozone hole opening and closing, climate getting warner and colder, etc.) to scare the uninformed and get more power, more money, etc. The ozone is now "fixed" because the control freaks are on to other false narratives to keep the low-informed, sheeple in a panic.

jrbiz, May 7, 2022 IP
    Deos likes this.
  11. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe the coronavirus patched ozone... or Putin?

Deos, May 7, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We changed the way refrigeration works. We stopped using aerosols.

sarahk, May 7, 2022 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    istockphoto-1272589252-612x612.jpg

qwikad.com, May 8, 2022 IP
    sarahk and Deos like this.
  14. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com Was also thinking about those things for cosmetics

Deos, May 8, 2022 IP
  15. Terem123

Terem123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think that there are specific advice for getting rid of cold. They are ordinary actually, drinking as much water as you can, increase the amount of consumable vitamin C, stay in bed for several days and use paracetamol in case you have a high temperature. If you can't drink the tablets, you can buy something like Coldrex.

This process always depends on the individual features of your organism and the velocity of antibodies production. So, there is a phrase: "If you cure the flu, you will get rid of within 7 days, if you don't cure it, you will get rid of it within a week." This phrase means that you aren't obliged to drink tablets and something like that, your organism will defeat the flu on its own.

Terem123, Aug 14, 2022 IP