1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jeffrey99, Sep 3, 2017.

Hey guys,

I don't know if you agree with me but a life without challenge and risk is not worth living.
    What's the craziest thing you've ever done or the biggest risk you've ever taken?
    A year ago, I gave $200 to a homeless person.

Here are crazy risk takers on wheels, OMG!

Jeffrey99, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Many years ago just after the Lehman Bros. collapse General Motors was supposed to go bankrupt. Things looked so bleak that the shares were trading at their lowest point since the Korean war.
    Against everyone's advice I put it all on the table and bought. Everyone said that I was crazy, even my relatives..one who was a stock broker. I was on pins and needles but I saw the thing through. No one is saying that I am crazy anymore....I have made an absolute killing with these shares over the years.;)

Spoiltdiva, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    To me it's crazy in the sense that he/she mostly likely spent it on booze / drugs. Most "homeless" people here in FL are not homeless at all. They are panhandlers, usually drug addicts or alcoholics or just big time SOBs who just don't want to work. Some of them have more money than you can imagine. A guy who used to work at a bank told me one time that one "homeless" woman used to deposit $300-$500 almost every single day. They look "homeless" alright, but most of them are not.

The craziest thing was going to Uzbekistan with a humanitarian mission in the early 90's while there was a civil war going between Uzbeks and Tajiks. Anything could've happened, but luckily we got out safe and sound.

qwikad.com, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to get out more if $200 is the craziest thing you've ever done.

I flew to the US in Jan '91 just after the 1st Gulf War started and people thought I was crazy trusting my life in a plane that could be shot down
    I cycle toured round Europe and people thought I was crazy
    I give my time to moderate this forum, that probably is crazy

most of the stuff that people think is crazy is actually well thought through & risk/benefit assessed - and therefore not crazy at all.

sarahk, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that you used the word "probably" is indeed crazy.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 3, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. Jeffrey99

Jeffrey99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    True

According to you it doesn't sound crazy, but giving away $200 to a stranger I don't know a lot of people who would do that

Jeffrey99, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess I took it in the context of a bunch of people sitting around at a bbq, a drink in hand, telling wild stories from our youth. I wouldn't want that to be the best you can do.

sarahk, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  8. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It just happened today i.e. on 05-09-2017, when i was coming to office in the morning on my bike, at Red Light Stop there were two traffic cops who were looking for persons who were not wearing helmets (Helmets are compulsory in my city) as usual i don't wear helmet, suddenly one traffic cop saw me and tried to rush towards my side, seeing this i however tried to turned my bike with heavy traffic in wrong direction gave bike full throttle and was few meters back on same road. When the Traffic lights turned Green i turned back my bike and quickly crossed the traffic lights when they were still GREEN, same traffic cop was watching me... he just gave me a gentle smile and i too reply him with :D:D:D:D:D. In fact since i was not having my helmet, no insurance papers (the insurance of my bike expired last month.....) and the only thing i was having was my license. Lastly i thanked almighty for saving me from traffic cops. :cool::cool:

dabbu347, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    that's a motorbike, right?

sarahk, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  10. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk yes motorbike! (Hero Honda)

dabbu347, Sep 5, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.