1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the correct format for an eBay affiliate link?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by DorianJ, Aug 8, 2006.

I'm new to CJ, but I also know for a fact that two of the links I have sent people did convert into sales (roughly $350). It's been nine days since the most recent sale and my CJ account does not reflect either of them. Perhaps I generated the links incorrectly, but I have no idea of knowing for sure.

Can anyone post an example of an affiliate link to a specific product on eBay?

DorianJ, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  2. js2006

js2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    Click the links, see if they take you to the product pages at EBay.

js2006, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How are you generating the links?

dcristo, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  4. DorianJ

DorianJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have clicked the links and they do take me to the product pages, but that doesn't tell me that the link is correct and I'm being credited appropriately for the sale.

DorianJ, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  5. DorianJ

DorianJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used the eBay Flexible Destination Link tool. So for example, a link to eBay item # 130013083324 looks like this:

http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-MY_CJ_PID-5463217?loc=http%3A//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D130013083324

But like I said, my account shows no activity so I would really like to know what's wrong.

DorianJ, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  6. js2006

js2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    First of all, you should see some clicks on your CJ reports. Winning bid usually show in CJ reports 24 hours after the auction ends. Keep in mind, in order to earn a commish, the user has to:
    1) Click your link
    2) Make a bid
    3) Win the auction

If the user clicks another ebay affiliate's link and makes the winning bid, you don't get nothing.

js2006, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  7. DorianJ

DorianJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    My CJ report shows ZERO clicks. In fact every report I run displays this message because no data is available: "Please select a wider Date Range to view trend." This clearly shows that I have not been getting my fair compensation.

The links I created were both for Buy-It-Now auctions The users clicked my links, then immediately went through the payment process so there is a 0% chance that another affiliate's link was clicked.

Now I understand why I've read somy many posts about "trust issues" with ebay and CJ. I can't possibly be the ONLY affiliate that this is happening to which means there has got to be a LOT of commission money that was never paid out to unsuspecting affiliates!

DorianJ, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  8. js2006

js2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    Did you put your CJ account number to generate ebay links?

js2006, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  9. DorianJ

DorianJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I used something called a PID.

DorianJ, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  10. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Use eBay RSS feeds you can't go wrong. Click on the Advanced Search tab to generate the keyword specific feeds.

dcristo, Aug 8, 2006 IP