1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

whats the best software to use for making webpages

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by johnboyz26, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Lichurec

Lichurec Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to use Macromedia Dreamweaver but only in the "code view". I really enjoyed its code highlighting, code insight (I think that's how those "suggest a finishing of current tag" tooltips called), build in CSS Doc, cleaning up "microsoft html pages" (eg. exported from MS Word) and several other functions.

Problem is, that Macromedia Dreamweaver is WAY to heavy for me right now.. I've never, ever used the WYSIWYG part, hardly ever used the Code Preview.. So loading all that stuff into my RAM seems quite pointless..

I'm thinking of moving to kED - it's a quite well written, lightweight polish editor (some of my friends suggested me that one) - so it might be a way for me..

I also thought about Vi(m) - but.. dunno.. probably don't have enough (self)motivation :p

Currently am also using Top Style for the CSS coding (there is a free "Lite" version for plain CSS and paid "Pro" version = (x)HTML + CSS editor)

As for the graphics - I'm using Adobe Photoshop - but only due to 2 facts:
    - I've been using that Software since couple of years now and it would take me "some time" to get used to another
    - most of the projects I'm working on are made in Adobe Photoshop - so we're out of "there might be some software incompatibilities" problem
    But I actually am thinking of switching to GIMP ;) It's way "lighter" to my budget & currently almost as well developed as PS

That would be, more less, it..
    I might write everything in notepad - but I really enjoy those little things (like code highlighting) that help me do my job faster and simpler ;)

And one more - there is no such thing as "best software"... software might be usefull, handy, easy to deal with, ... but never "the best".. Cos you write all that code - not your software.. It's a tool - like a pen in writer's hand or a hammer in blacksmith's one..
    It's YOU that make it shine...

L.

Lichurec, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  2. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    Im going to switch my vote to Dreamweaver. Just got it over the holiday break along with Photoshop.

drig, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  3. xtreme fever

xtreme fever Active Member

Best Answers:
    i agree, dreamweaver works very well for me. but i currently like version 6 better than version 8.

xtreme fever, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  4. dachilla

dachilla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Windows Editor :)

dachilla, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  5. s_u_p_e_r_s_a_m

s_u_p_e_r_s_a_m Peon

Best Answers:
    Notepad and frontpage... Would use dreamweaver, but i've always used frontpage and cant be bothered changing.

- Sam

s_u_p_e_r_s_a_m, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  6. dimi

dimi Peon

Best Answers:
    dreamweaver but keep one eye on the code in the background

dimi, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  7. cyberoptik

cyberoptik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver is usually pretty good, but sometimes it gets messy with tons of styles. There's also FrontPage which is the other main html editor. Past that theres some small ones, however I won't use anything otherthan dreamweaver myself.

cyberoptik, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  8. InnovativeWebNola

InnovativeWebNola Peon

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver is great, but it can get be buggy at times, and as some people here have mentioned, it's so feature rich it might just be an overkill for some people. It also takes time to learn, but once you learn how to make use of everything that Dreamweaver can do it definitely streamlines web development.

InnovativeWebNola, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  9. AvisSoft

AvisSoft Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

What about the new html editor by MS ...? MS Expression Web ? People who have tried it are say its going to kill DW. Has anyone tried ? As of now i think its quite very powerful.

Thanks.

AvisSoft, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  10. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with dreamweaver and coffee cup html editor

Freewebspace, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  11. bntarek

bntarek Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, website X1 or dreamweaver 8

bntarek, Jan 13, 2007 IP