1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the Best Compliment You Can Give to You GF/Wife?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by billll, Aug 8, 2016.

I don't know whether I can post this kind of topic in the General Chat or not. If it's not allowed then I'm sorry for that.

So, what's the best compliment which you can give to your gf/wife? And, if you're a girl, what's the best compliment you ever received?

I start this thread by revealing my own compliment which she loved the most... She was looking extremely hot and beautiful, so I said, "You can even melt the glaciers of Antarctic, today."

Now, it's your turn...

billll, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  2. willmore83

willmore83 Member

Best Answers:
    The world is a much better place because you're in it.:)

willmore83, Aug 10, 2016 IP
  3. Diskretni

Diskretni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No compliment is good enough for women,don't even bother.

Diskretni, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @billll , you already used the best one up there. No compliment can even remotely compare to: "You look beautiful!". When my 4.5 year old runs to me to show off her new hair clip she doesn't want to hear me say: "What a nice hair clip!" or "It looks nice!". All she wants to hear is "You look beautiful!". You should see how happy (almost giddy) she gets when she hears that. My wife (any wife) would prefer to hear "You look beautiful in this dress" instead of "Your dress looks nice". The problem is most guys do not know how to give the right compliments and feel awkward when they do.

qwikad.com, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  5. StSignal

StSignal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You make me feel like no one and nothing else does (sick lol) .

StSignal, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, instead of my approach in which my best compliment would be "You make the best meatloaf in the world!" perhaps I should say, ""You look great next to that best meatloaf in the world!" :)

jrbiz, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    She'd probably love it!!! Try it! LOL.

qwikad.com, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I will wait until that next special moment and try it then...or do you think that I would be better off talking about how nice she looks serving her fantastic lasagna, instead?

jrbiz, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  9. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That did sound kinda funny, I am not sure if she really thought that you are giving her a compliment. What worked best for me is to make any compliment I give sound sincere and honest. Even the most simple "You look really nice today" can do wonders if you say it the right way. And the most complex compliments can sound stupid if you do not mean it when you say it.

Therefore, aim for the honesty when giving out compliments. And do not give her a chance to refuse your compliment, women tend to reject compliments if they think they do not deserve it.

Ethan Parker, Aug 15, 2016 IP
  10. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you 100%. The honest and the sincere compliment works like magic. However, at the same time, if she's not feeling up to the mark, some kind of encouragement as well can work better than the compliments...

billll, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  11. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One that's genuine from the heart and mind, natural, and not generic. I moved to the other side of the world, and would you believe guys here use the same pickup lines or cheesy expressions to try to pickup or sweep girls off their feet? Men aren't the only ones that watch Hollywood movies XD

wco, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  12. ferrychristian

ferrychristian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A Women will like a genuine compliments, neither Hollywood line, nor idioms/ phrases.
    Be original: 1) you look beautiful as always
    2) you are getting pretty day by day
    with three most important letters of course. she will definitely like it. try it once, make sure there a proper eye contact.

ferrychristian, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  13. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you 100%. However, when she's your girlfriend, or wife, you can't repeat the same lines again and again. Besides, it all depends on the mood too. If the situation is romantic, not just a compliment, even a rose or a small gift can do wonders. If you're trying to use a pickup line, sometimes, a compliment on her skills or intelligence can be beneficial.

Other than that, I've found that complimenting her in public, or making her image grow and more important also make her happy.

Well, it's just my experience... Perhaps, others are a tad different....

billll, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  14. ferrychristian

ferrychristian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I respect that completely, if you are complimenting her public that is super great. Girls are not easy to handle, what they like is the way you complimented her with the loving facial expressions and again eye contact. If you have these three skills, you are done. another compliment you can give her, like your hairs are really beautiful. Soon I ll be sending you the list of the compliments , you can give.

ferrychristian, Sep 4, 2016 IP
    billll likes this.
  15. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I don't know. Maybe something like "I didn't know what love was until I met you."

I think if you say stuff like "I like your dress" or "You look beautiful" they don't really take the compliment because they hear it a lot.

Most importantly, say shit you mean. Being insincere just to impress someone is a big turn off.

dcristo, Sep 4, 2016 IP
    billll likes this.
  16. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree! And, that's my point too. You can't give one compliment again and again. You've to be different, if you want to get her, or keep the relationship exciting...

For instance, sometimes, I tell her, "I feel like I'm in a ghost resort, when I'm with you... You're that thrilling!" I say that in a funny tone, and she laughs...

And, besides, sometimes, I also say things like, "You're a walking temptation..." OR "You walk like a million-dollar lady!" OR "I love your strong gaze." OR "I need your help!" (It's a compliment for her too, as she proves me that she's intelligent, and have the power to even solve my small problems).

And, sometimes, I compliment her in questions... like... "Do you want to feel like a queen?" She says, 'yes', and I continue.... "Make a cup for tea for me then..." And, before making a cup of tea, she doesn't forget to hit me with a pillow... But, now, she doesn't want to be a queen - she knows all my highs and lows... I've to bring something else now... :-I

billll, Sep 5, 2016 IP
  17. ferrychristian

ferrychristian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is the list of compliment, I am pretty sure that they are different:
    1. You are a good listener.
    2. You are an awesome friend.
    3. You have got all the right moves baby.
    4. I appreciate you.
    5. I like your sense of humor.

ferrychristian, Sep 8, 2016 IP