1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the best color combinations?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by joeychgo, Sep 7, 2004.

Whats the best color combinations to avoid “banner blindness”?

joeychgo, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    as with your other thread, there are no definite answers. experiment. what works for you may not work best for someone else.

there are plenty of situations where blending colors work better, and plenty where colors that "stick out" perform better.

disgust, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Foxy, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  4. bhutz

bhutz Peon

Best Answers:
    The tool posted by Foxy looks great, didn't realise that there was a new version of the tool.
    Here is another colour related tool

bhutz, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  5. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    I tend to make things "stand out", but I think that's because I am color-blind in certain colours.

Having had problems viewing certain sites, I always try to make sure I don't make the same mistake on my own sites.

BUT, that might mean that I am my choice of colors is NOT optimising my sites for revenue.

nadlay, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  6. gooner

gooner Peon

Best Answers:
    gooner, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  7. arestia

arestia Peon

Best Answers:
    arestia, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  8. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of colors, IMO what works best is trying to merge your ads with your content, to avoid the growing tendency of web users of subconsciously avoiding advertising at all cost.

But according to a recent research made on "eye fixations", it's more important the ad location than the colors.

The researchers used special cameras called 'eye trackers' to determine eye movements during the reading of a website, and apparently there are certain areas of a page that are more intensely looked at than others. It's in these areas where you should put your ads.

But as Disgust said, "there are no definite answers. experiment. what works for you may not work best for someone else."

Tapanti, Sep 9, 2004 IP
  9. keron

keron Peon

Best Answers:
    I tend to make things "stand out", but I think that's because I am color-blind in certain colours.

Having had problems viewing certain sites, I always try to make sure I don't make the same mistake on my own sites.

BUT, that might mean that I am my choice of colors is NOT optimising my sites for revenue.

keron, Feb 24, 2010 IP