1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

whats the advantage to submit to Yahoo directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by seoworld1234, Jul 25, 2008.

I know I probbaly wont get a lot of traffic from Yahoo directory, so whats the benefit of submitting it to there in terms of SEO

seoworld1234, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  2. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    The opinion about a Yahoo directory link is very highly regarded. Many forums, blogs and websites recommend the link.

Those that did get listed look on it as a favourable link, with very good traffic, and there seems to be a quality thing with being listed in Yahoo, (but that may be ego talking) so might be worth a go.

I did get in Yahoo dir, but it wasn't a direct link to my website, so beware of that when you submit. If accepted, I think you end up in/under YahooLocal, but I'm unsure if that is connected with a Yahoo UK & Ireland directory listing - perhaps someone else can comment on this.

It's free to submit http://add.yahoo.com/fast/add?74259+bUKIE

but it could take months until you are listed in Yahoo dir.

Event_King, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  3. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is the best, and yahoo directory the second. It's accepted by most of the major search engines.

hhheng, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  4. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Sound advice - though I'm not sure about the UK/Ireland submission page you offered. I submitted there a couple of months ago and got a phone call from Yahoo asking if I wanted to follow up with the purchase of a directory listing, or if I was just a chancer. Obviously the latter:D The Yahoo Local, is, however, slightly different and is run more like the Google Local Business Center listings, which I also advise you to sign up with - after all, it's free - and sends you targeted traffic/instore custom!

Spider-Man, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  5. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:

The Google Local Business Center listings, will they hassle me?

Cheers

Event_King, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  6. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    They haven't hassled me, so I doubt it. You sign into your Google account, go to the link I provided, submit your company details and info - they send out a card with your PIN number (just as they would when signing up with Adsense) - you enter the PIN into your Local Business Center account and they activate your business listing within 24 hours - but say it might not start showing for up to 3 weeks in 'normal' searches. For example, I can search for 'garden centre in fife' but am not shown on the first Google result page, but on the second page. We didn't receive our PIN for 5 weeks - so I gave them a call and got the account activated within a couple of hours. The person I spoke to said the listings are activated and ranking is shown by the "usefulness" to the user, as well as the number of visits to the particular company page, for example, Cupar Garden Centre's listing. Though I expect that to change when they realise the system is being exploited some way or another. Highly recommended for all companies - even if they don't have a website.

Cheers

Spider-Man, Jul 27, 2008 IP