1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's Next?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AreaCodes, Jan 4, 2012.

Hi All,
    I'm looking for some general ideas here. I've never been too successful with technology, my work is not at all tech-related. I had wanted to create an online identity to help build my book of business at work and stand out from my competition (both internally at my company, and externally within my industry). Over the past few years I've started, stopped, re-started, modified, tweaked, etc websites and blogging platforms until I finally have settled with wordpress (how unoriginal, but seems to be the best for my purposes) and my site at http://speakingagent.com.

I'm kind of on cruise control now, posting articles, and sharing online on linkedin, twitter, facebook etc. I guess I don't really know where to go with it from here. It's a PR 2 I believe, and I'm starting to spend some time getting more exposure for it.

If this was your site - where would you go from here?

AreaCodes, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  2. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you can keep consistent content for 6 months+ on a website without quitting you are in the top 99% of sites out there. It sounds like a cool niche, keep your aim on servicing traffic with your services. I'm sure webmasters here could give better advice than mine.

MarTh-, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  3. Icecube_media

Icecube_media Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    quality is the key, if you post good content daily, then soon you out date all your competition, and still if you want to promote, the social networking sites is fine for now. after that you can move to link building .

Icecube_media, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  4. AyMiles

AyMiles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just be consistent with whatever you're doing and try your best to monetize the site.

AyMiles, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  5. Dj.c

Dj.c Peon

Best Answers:
    hmph , I think you no need to spend so much times on it as long as your content in the site is unique and interesting.
    You may schedule to update your site once a month or quarterly.

Dj.c, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  6. AreaCodes

AreaCodes Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone seems to be pretty consistent. Will keep creating content and see where it goes. Thanks All.

AreaCodes, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  7. ReaverKS

ReaverKS Peon

Best Answers:
    submit to directories and guest post on other blogs in your niche to gain some following =)

ReaverKS, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  8. AreaCodes

AreaCodes Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Starting to do so now.... would having guest bloggers help? If so, do you know what the basic best practices around doing so would be?

AreaCodes, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  9. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    quality is the key, if you post good content daily, then soon you out date all your competition, and still if you want to promote, the social networking sites is fine for now. after that you can move to link building

edvvardbrian, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  10. gajjarcompressor

gajjarcompressor Peon

Best Answers:
    You can update good content with built up a link building of your website.

gajjarcompressor, Feb 24, 2012 IP