1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's going on with my site? Host says i am using resorces!

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Hasnain Ashfaq, Nov 8, 2013.

Hello, i need help! I am using shared linux hosting. But the host said my site is using a lot of resources and traffic so they have to put it down. They did it twice. Google analytics never told me that i am getting this much traffic. I am seeing in Google analytics is just 80-90 visitors daily. speechofpak.com is my site's link and i am using wordpress. What could be the possible reason?! Am i being attacked? DDOS or something? Please help me.

Hasnain Ashfaq, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  2. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello

If you're using a third party script, this could be causing high memory/CPU issues. I have had such issue in the past. What do you run on your site?

gkd_uk, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  3. evtimii

evtimii Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible that your website was under DDoS attack, but in that case they would not just tell you that you're just using a lot of resources.

It's possible that your host simply have too tight limits for CPU/traffic usage. In that case, you might consider changing host, or upgrading to VPS or dedicated server.

80-90 visitors does not sound like so much traffic, even if you're using a "heavy" wordpress with a lot of plugins installed, but there could be a problem with one (or more) of these plugins, that could cause high resource usage for no reason. You might consider turning off some of the plugins and adding some caching.

Also check if your website was not compromised.

evtimii, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  4. gamezfever

gamezfever Member

Best Answers:
    well some time it happens when you used pirated scripts that contain malicious codes they get more resources on the server . ask your hosting provider to give you logs of which of your files gives high resources.

gamezfever, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  5. yize

yize Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check your plugins, these can be the reason for the processes. Try disabling them and bring them back on one at a time.

yize, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  6. Greg Ramos

Greg Ramos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It could be possibly anything. Maybe it's an outdated script or plugin your using?

If you were getting ddosed I think they would shut your account down without asking or telling you.

What type of host are you using some small hosts have small limits on their accounts and this happens. 80 - 90 visitors that's nothing and should not be causing you to use your resource limits.

Greg Ramos, Nov 20, 2013 IP