1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's fair CPM Advertising?

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by clogon, Jun 26, 2007.

We are putting together advertising packages for 8 College Football Bowl Game Half Time Shows. Just wanted feedback on what fair CPM costs are for ad space.

Thanks!

clogon, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  2. unknownkind

unknownkind Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wouldn't have an idea, but if it were me I think it depends on what teams are playing xP Noone wants to watch like Loyola Ramblers vs Depaul Demons... They'd rather watch like NIU Huskies vs etc.. (Just an example if you know about college football teams)...

unknownkind, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  3. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    there's no such a thing as "fair CPM Advertising". Different websites can have CPM's from $0.20 to $15, it's how much you get now for it, then you estimate how much you'd like to sell it for.

N_F_S, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  4. dynamike

dynamike Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    CPM rates vary on lots of different things, so it's hard to say what a fair rate is even based on the info you are giving.

For example:
    • What's the medium. Is it print or web or TV?
    • What's the placement?
    • What's the demographics of the audience, i.e. age group, sex, location, spending habits, etc?
    • What kind of conversion ratio are you expecting?
    • What are people currently paying to convert to the type of audience you are targeting?

You can't just simply ask a question like that and expect any worthwhile answers without giving way more info.

But, here's a good start.
    • Find the keywords that would be appropriate for the types of products or websites that would be interesting to your target audience.
    • Assume a 0.10 % conversion rate.
    • Using Google's Adesense tools find out how much people are paying for the keywords you will be targeting.
    • Do the math and start from there.
    • Increase or decrease your rates for a higher or lower conversion ratio and ad inventory supply vs. demand.

That's how I price advertising on my site(s).

Hope that helps.

Mike

dynamike, Jun 27, 2007 IP