1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's better for Adsense, a blog or a niche website?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sanakhan, Jun 2, 2014.

Hello Everyone,
    I started a blog few months ago on Fashion niche and never applied for Adsense through it, assuming that the application would be rejected due to insufficient content. I waited for few months and published few more posts from time to time, i didn't scrape content from any kind of online sources, instead I wrote it myself whenever I had time to do it. After waiting for seven more, I applied for Google Adsense, alas my application was rejected for an obscure reason, I am referring it as 'obscure' because the message I got had three suggestions such as 'write unique content, improve design, and provide friendly user experience' blah blah. It was a common message, anyone being rejected for violating Google's policy might have seen this message in their inbox. I wasn't sure as which particular policy my website was not adhering to, I had some images on the website I cleaned the entire media gallery, I also worked on the design and applied again , I got the same message again.

I didn't know what to do so I created a five page niche blog and I applied through it, i was dead sure that Google would not approve of it since it was missing a lot of pages, especially the most important ones such as Disclaimer, privacy policy, terms and conditions and about me/us. I wasn't expecting such a desultory website to be approved by Google as it was far beyond the 'standard blog/website' with five or less pages of original content and it had only two outgoing links (pointing to good sources such as wiki), the design was clearing lacking all the user-friendly elements such as categories, recent posts, archive....... Contrary to what I had expected, I received an 'approval email' within 24 hours and it was a surprise to me.....how could Google approve content with little content and reject a website that was built meticulously, according to G's rules and regulations.

My question is why Google did not approve a blog with 300 posts when the content was unique and well-written? The blog had all the pages which we are considered obligatory prior to submitting an adsense application and it was old, too. Why did Google approve of a new blog which had only five pages 1000s words each? From my my personal I have learned one thing that Google is accepting only those blogs which have content relevant to the keywords and domain name.I am not sure if this is the case but I still believe that niche websites have higher chances of approval as compared to heavy blogs with tens and thousands of detailed posts. Kindly do correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    sanakhan, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  2. demonicsheikh

demonicsheikh Member

Best Answers:
    you must atleast need 2500 posts to get approved. You must have a good theme design specifically for the content you are writing or publishing and last but not least the blog itself should be more than a year old.
    Your post must be 400 words minimum and should be appealing to its readers. Hope i helped.

demonicsheikh, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  3. sanakhan

sanakhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2500 posts, huh, really?

sanakhan, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  4. demonicsheikh

demonicsheikh Member

Best Answers:
    yeah. Lucky for you. The guy who approved must be drunk to approve a 5 posts blog.....

I heard in hubpages you can get approved with only 10 posts but really good ones.

demonicsheikh, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  5. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    hahaha, I don't think Google hire drunkards to review adsense applications, lol, maybe their system was tired of rejecting and accepting application that it approved a blog with five pages, we can never understand Google:) I have an account on hubpages as well, I have posted 15 featured articles on it and I'm getting like 100 pageviews per day,i got approval for it today after waiting for 20 days or so, now I will cancel that one account because I already have one pub a/c i will use it everywhere.

sanakhan, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  6. demonicsheikh

demonicsheikh Member

Best Answers:
    Well Good Luck.

demonicsheikh, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  7. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about the first stage approval or the approval you get after you add the ad code to the site?

Agent000, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  8. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    The second approval, of course.

sanakhan, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  9. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    Thanks Demon.

sanakhan, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  10. elazraqmed222

elazraqmed222 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok i get the point , google may make a mistake sometimes , but as i experienced with google i always get apprauved , i'll share with you the 3 iportant things that you have to consider before applying for an adsense account :
    1- unique content
    2- more than 10 pages each page contain 10 postes
    3- more than 100 visitor a day

elazraqmed222, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  11. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips.

sanakhan, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  12. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who tell you that you need 2500 posts in order to get approved by Adsense. Its all depends on the quality of your posts. If you have 2500 posts and it is useless to users then you will never get approved by Adsense. Focus on your content first.

iwebsocial, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  13. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My site got approved with 20 posts and it was a month old.

Sabrina73, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  14. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    where you got the information? 2500 posts to get approved?

lifeplayer, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  15. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They are making it up!

Agent000, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  16. ViralShared.com

ViralShared.com Member

Best Answers:
    I did 14 post I think with 500 words minimum post and then they approved it.

ViralShared.com, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  17. image2all

image2all Member

Best Answers:
    No need 2500 posts! jaus make your site nice and user friendly. You must have to post unique content, No copy content even no copy images. every thing have to be fresh and unique to get a Google adsense account. In some country Google adsense not approve before 6 month. in those area you domain age have to be 6 month minimum. Site should not be under construction. after doing about 20 to 302 posts apply again. to get better result you can bring some traffic from search engine and social media site. it will help you to approve you Adsense soon.

Thanks

image2all, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  18. royalstar_23

royalstar_23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There is nothing like 2500 posts, People says in India site much have 6 months old..

But i experienced something else, 5 days old website with 20+ own written posts, and adsense approved me for the same.

And i am still using those adsense to all of my websites..

royalstar_23, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  19. Bewyn

Bewyn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    for which country are you trying to get the account approved?

Bewyn, Jun 25, 2014 IP